Chapter 3

When in South Korea

 

 


Warning :

May be horribly written.
Lengthy or very short paragraphs..
poorly described thoughts..
less on dialogue..
can turn out to be angsty / dark when it's not meant to be like that
.

Enjoy if you can digest this.


Hazardous x Limiter

"I'm a coward. And all of these things, are purely ."


 

 

'It was worth it after all'

 

Donghae thought to himself, raking his hair with his fingers as he was welcomed by a grin by his boss's secretary, who told him before leaving the meeting office that their boss looked overwhelmed and 'pretty satisfied' was completely an understatement for what he had just presented. And yes, he's glad when their boss said that he may reconsider him of giving back his position. Of course, it needed a few weeks for him to prove that it was no bluff.

 

Well, to be given a chance, especially by his strict boss, was a huge honour

Donghae shifted to his casual clothes, slipping in his worn out jeans, a trench coat that blended well to his hair, a black bonnet and finally a face mask placed below his chin. He was almost good to go.

 

With hesitation, he smiled at himself, more like a grimace, noticed his puffy eyes and darker eyebags build up even if it was just a week that passed. Donghae pressed his forehead on the cool mirror, feeling his breathing touch the glass as heat emitted back. He was still unsure about what he's about to do but Sungmin told him many times that she thinks there's nothing wrong with it and Donghae won't lose anything for just watching her brother working, at least that's what she thinks.

 

That was the problem, Donghae knew it wasn't right apparently there's still a huge gut inside him that it's totally worth it. Of course, the thought in his head that it would totally bring him to shame. A person can change in a few months, even half a year, and heavens know if he was the 'Eunhyuk' he met in Rome; maybe it was just an act. Then again, Donghae scolded himself for being so pessimistic.

 

Donghae was in front of the cafe. He could feel his lips quivering and his knew buckling not form the cold but from the nervousness flooding in his stomach. Forcing his gulp down, the glass door was open before him, being welcomed by an employee in a dark colored apron with a fixed logo on the upper left corner of his uniform. He pushed up his glasses before smiling to the customer.

 

"Welcome to Blue Star Cafe!" And almost, the same scenario happened. Time seemed to freeze in place and Donghae did his best to avoid Eunhyuk's glance by the door and even tried to reply with a smile. Instead, he gave him a sneer which he felt bad as soon as the bell clatter back when the door was closed. Donghae gaped then gulped down to ease the building tension in his chest. He knew that he should've apologized but before he could, Eunhyuk dashed towards the door with the signage"Authorized Personnel Only" attatched on top of it.

 

To be honest, Donghae wanted to just discard every idea he had in mind and just ditch this stalking activity that Sungmin was not the realy one who commenced but him. He could not wait for him to lose consciousness in front of these people but then again, it was far too embarassing so his final decision was just go with it.

 

After buying his drink from the counter, Donghae settled on a couch then zipped out the laptop from his bag. He shrugged in annoyance with himself, looking back once or twice to that door and Eunhyuk didn't seem like coming out. Sungmin looked at him in reassuring from the counter and Donghae just perked up a neutral smile that was surely not convincing.

 

And yes, Donghae was terribly nervousness that he could already puke everything he ate even last night's dinner, which will be an undesirable thing to look at, especially when you're eating. That was not the real problem; his conscience was literally eating him up, knowing that there's the chance the Hyukjae must've been somehow offended by his actions earlier but that didn't stop Donghae sipping torridly on his straw, gritting the piece of plastic with his teeth.

 

"Why am I so stupid?"

 

Trying to grab Donghae's attention, which did really grab his attention immediately as soon as the laptop was shut before him, sending small gusts of wind against his face that slightly tickled his nose. Donghae looked up finding an amused Sungmin before him : arms laid on the table and her face inches away from him.

 

Donghae stared for seconds before lowly yelping and almost falling from his seat. It's a good thing that Sungmin was swift enough to grab his arm and pulled him back in place. Donghae sighed then noticed that his 'savior' was not letting his arm go; instead, her grip was becoming tighter than before until he was gaping in pain but no sound was drawing from his mouth.

 

And yes, he knew he was dead.

 

"What the actual .." She pulled Donghae to stand up and everyone started staring at them. "..did you do?" He was incredibly terrified of Sungmin right now, especially in the way she was intently looking at him like she could kill him on the spot just with here eye-boring glares that was enough for Donghae to feel like wanting to jump off the roof which was so impossible at this moment.
 

"I don't know alright!" Donghae hissed in panic then immediately after seconds of eye locking with each other that it took almost forever for Sungmin read that he was in great desperation of refuge at this moment and making Donghae relieved, she understood that. So, Sungmin released him with no reluctance of force, intentionally making Donghae grab the table to save himself from falling again.

 

"Okay." Sungmin pulled the chair then settled herself on it before leaning in closing to the table, tucking her hand under her chin which made Donghae look away because of the building pressure in his chest that in a few minutes he could possibly explode and embarrass  himself to this people for another time, which he hoped that he will not. "..tell me what the hell is wrong with you when you stepped in this cafe. As in seriously, I was watching you two and then ual frustrawmmmmmm..."

 

A hand blocked then all Donghae and Sungmin knew that she was being dragged away from her seat by his brother who was seriously pissed and at the same time trying to coax himself from beating the crap out of his sister, who was completely spoiling his afternoon. Eunhyuk sighed as he was deliberately thinking all of this over in a matter of seconds.

 

"I'm sorry sir for this employee of ours." She grabbed Sungmin by the shoulders and pulled her away from the table. "for constantly troubling you at the end of her shift. We're sorry." He bowed down and pushed Sungmin's back for her to do the same which took a mere 10 seconds and another glare from Eunhyuk for her to apologize even though it was against her will.

 

"Oh no," Donghae tried to cover the tension in his voice by a laugh that was completely and obviously a fake one. "She did not bother me at all."

 

"Well, she's bothering me!" Eunhyuk thought bitterly as he fought the irritating idea at the back of his mind while clutching Sungmin's shoulder with his free hand.

 

"Okay then Sir, enjoy your time." Donghae was left confused but there's one thing he was certain; his eyes never left Eunhyuk's until he disappeared to the kitchen while dragging his sister, Sungmin

 


 

 

Hours passed, Eunhyuk continued to work on the counter while Sungmin .. Donghae doesn't know where she is. He's also waiting for her to come out from the kitchen. Well, he guessed that maybe she was tied up in a chair or locked in a room or something. Well, that's what he thought. And, he doesn't know why but Eunhyuk glanced at him.. more like another glare, pointing his cheese knife at Donghae, which and still, add the confusion points on his table.

 

There were also three empty plastic containers on his table which explained how long he has been there hauling himself to not fall asleep despite the new project presented in his MS word which he knew is another tough in his hands. But, it did not distract him from observing Eunhyuk from afar. Of how he moved, his habits of gnawing strips of gum every hour he's been there even of how he persuade the customers to be patient. Donghae desperately tried to memorize them all.

 


 

At last, Sungmin got out of the kitchen, looking like she had been trapped in a bunker for days. She went straight ahead to Donghae's direction when she saw that the 'coast is clear' which seemed like an overstatement because Eunhyuk just took a break and went to the lounge and she was pretty sure that he'll be out checking if she's out ditching her job in the kitchen again.

 

"Yo mah man!" Sungmin raised her left hand for an awkward high-5 at Donghae. And indeed, it creeped him out in the way of how she was incredibly different from earlier; as if she became one of his former professor's gangster women (which doesn't sound good but it's pretty true) Donghae sneered and clapped their hands in an almost silent and most awkward high-5 ever witnessed.

 

Sungmin's goofy smile as if she's been high on drugs lately and that was enough for Donghae to cringe and back away for a bit until he was touching the glass pane window, which stinged his cheek when it made contact with him.

 

Though she was still smiling, she furiously jabbed her finger near Donghae's collar bone. "You son of a female dog. You better do something about Eunhyuk." And yes, Donghae could not even deny that he was scared at her. Of course, not only she cursed him but by the way she was looking at him. It was as if she's going to murder him at this second.

 

Donghae's face scrunched up and he looked utterly confused, which deserved a light smack on his forehead that made him hiss in pain and glared at Sungmin, who was perking up an eyebrow while her arms are crossed over her chest. "Don't give me this 'I-don't-know-what-you're-talking-about' face because it doesn't suit you. God."
 

An even if Donghae was being reprimanded and given tips at the same time, the thought of ditching her because of fear didn't run away. But, he was really glad that she's really supportive on this even if the question 'if he made upset' was confirmed by again, a lighter hit on his forehead and it was surely a yes.

 


 

The following days, surprisingly, and also to avoid of being suspected, Donghae was hired as a staff of one of the flower stores up front, since they were looking for someone to look after the shop during weekends, which was most of the staffs' free time. And luckily, Donghae is really available and it had a great view of Hyukjae working on the counter.

 

Of course, he did not forget that he still made a mistake at him. To cope up with it, Donghae secretly sended flowers at the cafe for Eunhyuk, which made his heart terribly skip off beat. He was glad that Eunhyuk was signing the delivery paper even though it was such a stupid thought because the shop was just across the street.

 

As soon as Eunhyuk had the flowers on his hands, Donghae could not help but to smile and clutch his collar..

But, in a matter of seconds, Eunhyuk was coughing and sneezing then he dropped the bouquet on the floor and ran straight to the bathroom.

Donghae turned pale and he could see that Sungmin was glaring at him.

 

"Oh, holy ."

 

 

 


 

 

Author's note : So that's it! :))) I'll see you next update.

Comment. Subscribe. Whatever

You're free to express your opinion and request a one-shot on my wall.

 

ConverseLover600-Paradies_dictator-experiment-mediocre-fanfictions!
(Warning : May have tons of grammatical errors. All stories are un-betaed)

Super Junior

EunHae : When in Rome . When in South Korea . Connect The Dots . Heavy Rain. Heavenly Pain. Am I still Sane?
TeukChul : Oh God Please
YeWook : I'm still human. I still have feelings I . I'm still human. I still have feelings II
KyuWook : Stars Do Bleed

EXO

TaoRis : Wheels and Pedals . Arm Around Your Waist . Kiss Me Hard
KaiSoo : Attention Is Mine . Faded From Moonlights
HunHan and BaekYeol:
Arm Around Your Waist

PS : Edited chapters will be re-uploaded every Friday of the week the chapter is released