Chapter 1

When in South Korea

Prepare for one-witty-short-assed chapter and an author's note.


Warning :

May be horribly written.
Lengthy or very short paragraphs..
poorly described thoughts..
less on dialogue..
can turn out to be angsty / dark when it's not meant to be like that
.

Enjoy if you can digest this.


Caffè Latte

"Lead me. Don't leave me. At least shed a single trace for me to follow you wherever you go."


 

It was not meant to be like this.

 

Numbers were going doing and so was Donghae's door of opportunity for an upgrade, it shut before him.

 

Donghae was tired staring at the blank MS Powerpoint- irritated with the blinking on the screen and the eye drying light of his laptop. He tapped his finger on the keyboard, making at least two letters per second, simultaneously exchanging baffling noises with the clock. He was fully exhausted and he was sure that he's going to be grilled if he does not finished his presentation by today. As much as Kris could lend him a hand, he too, also, has a lot of things in mind... and with another business idea being suggested by the board; Kris was burning his eyebrows like his past english teacher to calculate the future expenses the company can make.

 

In short, for now, Donghae can only rely to himself.

 


 

A wretched morning, that's what it is to Donghae. Sure, he has his brother to support his apartment and a satisfying job to cover up his weekly expenses, but, look at him right now, eating several cups of instant noodles. The soggy texture was enough for Donghae to almost choke the hell out of his throat and gulp half of the pitcher of water.

 

Donghae spit the cheap noodles on a tissue, bit the hollow of his cheek, chewing the pinkish flesh inside of his mouth and fiddled it with his tongue. He was able to submit one of the main sources of all the ery of the week which rendered him sleepless, but..

 

it was not enough.

 

He was careless, letting the big chance of a promotion slip away, instead, he was given a downgrade of his salary and that's what's worrying him now. Donghae wanted to prove to his brother that he was independent and he no longer need his help like a parent. With the many he has, and the stupid raises of the landlord, he'll absolutely end his savings to be wiped out and he'll crawl to his brother's custody.

 

Do not misunderstand, Donghae loves his brother more than he could ever let go of the remnants of his nemo plushie from his late grandfather. It was just.. he's a working adult now and he admits that it was somehow irritating to lean on someone like all of his life depended on that pillar. Donghae only wants to break these chains free and rise to his own ground.

 

Like a skyscraper? Wow. How corny.

 

Donghae was glad to be dismissed early-- in fact, he was rejoicing that he did not hear the deafening screech of his boss's rants that will surely make his ears bleed a couple of days or the most horrid part of being scolded by the boss, it was being attacked by a chair.

 

The loud friction of tires to the rubble..

 

Donghae flinched and immediately clutched to his dear life.

 

"That bastard!" The driver huffed, pointing at the car in front of them. If he didn't hit the brakes earlier, they could've been involve in an accident. Thank God they were not. "You alright?" He looked at the backseat through the front mirror, finding a pale face on the reflection.

 

"Y-Yeah.." Donghae replied a few seconds after the other's question and that made the driver a little bit relieved.

 

Through the small crowd formed in front of the traffic, there was one thing startled Donghae's eyes...

 

just like anyone else... black hair

but somehow, it caught something inside him...

it was as if that black hair was darker than the night sky, looked smooth as silk...

 

all of them .. wore the same color.

yet, it was the only thing attracted him, especially that person's pale white porcelain skin.

it seemed familiar-

yes it is.

 

Donghae quickly paid the fare and hopped out of the cab, swiftly slipping himself to the building rounds of people. Shoulder to shoulder, body to body, he tried to shove himself through them. His heart thumped in such anticipation. His brisk walk turned into a run, speeding towards the center of attention. There was a certain want in him saying that I need to see him or probably her, so bad.

 

Inside him, Donghae was hoping it was him.

Because his heart beats for him.

 

His eyes followed that little speck of richest black, darker than anyone else's. For Donghae, he seemed to outshine everyone around him, making his breath hitch. From afar, that person was already dazzling, from the few glimpses of Donghae's blurry eyesight-- he seemed to glow, radiating like a little light from the darkness.

 

One sole candle..

Burning..

Flames like a fiery flower..

 

Beauty.

 

He was out of his mind. Days of searching... weeks of procrastinating... finally, something good or just seemingly good was in front of him, just a couple of meters away.

 

Person by person, korean or not, tall or short, male or female, Donghae forcefully pushed himself through them, letting his eyes being caught to that one candle, like a moth attracted to a lamp. The person was disappearing from the crowd, walking-- no, running away from them,  holding a kid on his arms.

 

An accident...

 

That's what Donghae witnessed.


 

Donghae was still dazed, shaking his head as imaginary frictions of tires to the ground rang in his ears. He was hungry, for not being able to eat at all afternoon. Everything on the streets was full, restaurants, cafes... all of them. He could only take out a meal and eat in his home but, he doesn't want to leave the cold night-- yet.

 

He looked some kind of a haggard hobo when he put his bonnet on, tucking his frosted fingers in his jacket. Donghae was shivering, he could only look at the moisted windows, hoping for an open space where he could at least get some food or even a cup of coffee.

 

Sighing, he saw an open cafe on the streets, the line was not long at least it did not reach the door unlike the others. The place was huge and there were still some vacant seats by the window. Without hesitation, Donghae pushed the glass panel, finally relieved as he was welcomed by the aroma of fresh brewed coffee and some hot dougnuts which made his stomach growl in hunger.

 

Person after person passed, an irritating voice was heard from the counter but Donghae did not mind, he only needs his drink and sandwich.

 

"Oppa, would you mind to take my place.. I need to go to the bathroom." The girl on the cash register tapped the person's shoulder to catch his attention. He was familiar to Donghae, that sharp jawline and milky skin.

"Surely, be fast alright?" His hair was like from that person in the accident, dark. rich.

 

When he turned around, Donghae stood agape, his fingers tightly clutching his coat, his breathing hitched. It was not his imagination.. he was sure he was not being delusional.

 

"Welcome to Blue Star Cafe, may I take your order?"

 

That voice, that smile .. he can't be mistaken.

 


 

Author's note :

So here it is. Sorry it took a long time to be up. I had an exam last week so I was unable to write. If this is crappy, I do understand.
This will not be updated regularly (I mostly update my stories every other week -.-). This will only be 4-6 chapters at most. If I'll extend this, I'll probably leave this unfinshed. That's why I think I'm only suited with one-shots. ehe.

I'm happy today. I'm a green awardee! YES lml

Please let the good vibes coming :]

Comment if you want.

Next update will be the week after next week. (still not sure)

okay? okay.

 

ConverseLover600-Paradies_dictator-experiment-mediocre-fanfictions!
(Warning : May have tons of grammatical errors. All stories are un-betaed)

Super Junior

EunHae : When in Rome . When in South Korea . Connect The Dots . Heavy Rain. Heavenly Pain. Am I still Sane?
TeukChul : Oh God Please
YeWook : I'm still human. I still have feelings I . I'm still human. I still have feelings II
KyuWook : Stars Do Bleed

EXO

TaoRis : Wheels and Pedals . Arm Around Your Waist . Kiss Me Hard
KaiSoo : Attention Is Mine . Faded From Moonlights
HunHan and BaekYeol:
Arm Around Your Waist

PS : Edited chapters will be re-uploaded every Friday of the week the chapter is released