Chapter 7: Hope

My Love~ (Hiatus)

Hyemi's POV:

I woke up with a jolt and heard soft sounds of the "pit-pat" of the rain.  Today was Sunday, meaning there would be an Inkigayo broadcast. Maybe Minho oppa would be performing today...

Just as I was about to leave my bedroom, my phone buzzed, and I took a look at the ID.

"Yunmi-unnie"

Unnie? Wait... what day is today?

Taking a quick glance at my calendar, I realized unnie came back from America today. 

"Hyemi-ah! Are you awake? I called you many times, but you didn't pick up. Oh well. I'm
riding the taxi right now. I'll be at your apartment in ten minutes! See you!"

I checked my call log to find six missed calls from unnie. She was arriving in ten minutes, and my room's a mess! Quickly, I briefly cleaned up my room. The rain seemed to fall faster as I rushed to prepare my apartment.  After the clean-up session, I ran to the bathroom and washed up, hoping that I'd have time to change out of my pajamas.

"Hyemi-ah, what's with the rush?" umma stopped me halfway to my room.
"I forgot Yunmi unnie was coming back from America today!" I exclaimed. "She's gonna be here in ten-- wait no, three minutes!"
"Well, go along. I'll be in the kitchen making breakfast for you guys."
"Thanks, umma."

I dashed to my room to find that my phone buzzed again.

"Which level is your apartment at?"

Oh gosh, she's here. I opened my closet and changed into whatever clothes I grabbed first. I'd have to wear a knit sweater and jeans today. My hair was caught on the buttons of my pajamas, and I got another message from unnie.

"Where are you? I asked the security guard and he won't tell me because he needed to
respect the privacy of the inhabitants. So which level are you?"

I texted her back saying I was apartment 525 on level E. In what seemed like seconds, the doorbell rang, and I was startled a bit, though I knew unnie was arriving soon.  I messily folded my pajamas and gave one last pat on my bed sheets before proceding to open the door.

"H-hello, un-nie," I panted.

She took notice of my attire and smoothed my hair.

"Were you doing last-minute cleaning before I came?" she inquired. "And did you just wake up?"
"Oh, no," I lied. "Not at all."

I let out a yawn as if my own self wanted to contradict to my statement.

"I knew you would forget about today," unnie sighed. "How could you forget about your cousin?"
"Mianhae, unnie," I apologized.

"Ajumma, annyeonghaseyeo!" unnie called.
"Ah, Yunmi, annyeonghaseyeo," umma called back from the kitchen. "I'm making breakfast right now, so why don't you take a seat."

Unnie had two suitcases in her hands, and I offerred help place it aside as she sat on the couch.

"Well, how's the oppa search going?" unnie asked.

Ever since Minho oppa left for some far away land, I tried all ways to find contact with him. Nothing seemed to work out for me, so I spilled everything to Yunmi-unnie. She's been very encouraging and always gave me hope. 

"I think I found him."
"Really?" unnie said in delight. "That's wonderful!"
"Yeah, but I'm not exactly sure if it's him," I frowned.
"Where's he?" unnie asked.
"He seems to have become a singer," I informed.
"Wow, that's cool," unnie awed. "Which group, or is he a soloist?"
"He might be the Minho oppa I know in SHINee."
"SHINee?!"
"SHINee," I repeated. "They're very popular these days, I think."
"Yeah, I read in the headlines just yesterday that they've just recently debuted."
"I'm thinking of visiting them at the Inkigayo station."
"Is it okay if I tag along?" unnie's eyes sparkled in mischief. "To watch you reunite with your sweet opp-"
"Unnie!' I playfully wacked her arm as she laughed.

We spent a few minutes catching up on each other before umma called us for breakfast.

"Kamsahamnida, ajumma!" unnie thanked. "I've missed your cooking."
"I'm glad you like it," umma beamed. "Eat up, girls!"

Our breakfast consisted of rice, kimchi, and some side dishes. Once I finished, I went to the bathroom and brushed my hair, getting all the tangles out of it.  I grabbed my bag and placed any necessities inside like my iPod and wallet. 

"Hey umma," I said. "I'll be visiting the Inki station today."
"Are you done with your homework?" umma questioned, taking a sip of her tea.
"Neh," I answered. "Yunmi-unnie is also coming with me."
"Okay. Show her around here."
"Arraso. I'm going!"

I waited for unnie to be ready, and we set off on the streets of Seoul.  Thankfully, a bus had arrived at the stop, and we boarded it to go to the SBS Open Hall.  That was where the filming of Inkigayo takes place.

We entered the building, and I asked where Inkigayo was at.  The attendant at the front desk gave us directions and told us to sign in, giving us tickets to our designated seats.  We thanked her afterward and walked quickly to the Inkigayo area.

The arena was pretty dark, but the stage lights gave off a warm and cozy feeling.  Unnie found our row and motioned for me to come.  I had to admit, we got ourselves a pretty good view. A Kpop band was currently filming for the broadcast and the cheers of the fans echoed in the auditorium.  In the middle of a performance, I excused myself to the restroom.

I walked out of the auditorium and searched for the restrooms. The building was larger than I had expected, and it took me a while before finding the women's restrooms.  After I came out, a few figures were walking to my direction, so I hid behind the wall but peeped out to see who they were.

M-Minho oppa?

Minho's POV:

"Good job, guys!" Onew patted our backs. "We did a great job for our first Inki filming."
"Yep," Key nodded in agreement. "We're too fabulous for them."
"Who's them?" Jonghyun asked, tilting his head to the side.
"Ahem, our fans," Minho interrupted.
"Taeminnie, you're not saying anything," Onew observed.
"I'm just a little tired," Taemin responded. "I was nervous and excited for today, so I guess I didn't get enough sleep."

I walked with my group members and spotted part of a head in the corner. As we were walking, I went out of my path to get a closer look, but the figure retreated and disappeared. On the ground was a bracelet.

The exact same one I had given to my dongsaeng, Hyemi. I had specifically asked the shop to make it for her, so it would be almost impossible for someone to have the same bracelet.

Was... was she here?

"Minho, hurry up!" Jonghyun called.
"Coming!"

I picked up the bracelet and put it in my pocket. My group members and I stood up at the balcony as we watched other sunbae groups perform, fanboying at some parts.  JongKey were the most excited while the three of us were much more calmer.  I placed a hand in my pocket in the meantime, feeling the bracelet's details.

Did Hyemi come here to find me? If so, why didn't she show herself?

I casually glanced down at the audience below me.  One person caught my attention; she wasn't fangirling or holding any signs. She was just sitting there, enjoying the performances.  I focused my eyes on her, and she looked somewhat familiar.

Is she.. Hyemi?

Time passed by quickly, and all the groups were to gather at the stage to announce the winners of this week's Inkigayo.  We all stood nervously in our places, hoping that we would receive it yet at the same time not put our hopes to high in case we didn't.

"And now, we'll announce the winners!" the MC said.
"3, 2, 1," the machine sounded.

"SHINee has won this week's Inkigayo!" another MC happily shouted. "Chukhahamnida!"

Our group shyly walked up to the front to receive the award.  We each took turns with the microphone, sending a word of thanks to our parents, staff, and SM Entertainment.  Many sunbaes came to congratulate us, and we bowed in response.  All of us had huge smiles plastered on our faces. We were proud of ourselves to have done such a great job.

Filming was over, and our manager came to pick us up in our van.  Fans were crowded around outside, many shouting "Saranghae!" or taking as many photos of us as they can (though it was pouring). We felt the love from them, and we were very thankful despite the fact that we were still rookies who just recently debuted.

Everyone was tired, so the car ride was exceptionally quiet.  I didn't feel like sleeping because the thought of Hyemi had somewhat bothered me.  Maybe I'll get to see her again soon...

Hyemi-ah, did you see our performance? I hope to see you again.

Hyemi's POV:

"Hyemi? Hyemi?!"

I absentmindedly looked up to see unnie waving her hand across my face.  A worried look was on her face, and I gave her a reassuring smile.

"Oh, I was just lost in my thoughts," I said.
"Thinking about oppa?" unnie suggested.
"Yeah," I nodded. "I saw him close up."
"You did?! When?!"
"When I said I needed to use the restroom."
"Man, you should have told me! Then I could've gotten their signatures..."
"You like SHINee?"
"I guess you can say that. I see potential in them, though I don't know much about singing and dancing."
"They seem very good," I commented. "Especially the one with mushroom hair. He was very focused when he was dancing."
"Taemin?" unnie asked.
"You know their names?!"
"Haha, yeah. I did some research."

Yunmi unnie went on explaining that Onew was the leader, Jonghyun was the main vocalist, Key and Minho were the rappers, and Taemin was the maknae with the nickname of "dancing machine". 

Days passed, and I had quickly come to love SHINee. Loving them meant loving Minho, so I felt very satisfied with that.  I would leave encouraging messages on SHINee's fanboard. Once, Jonghyun had even chatted with some of us.  I didn't type anything, only watching the interactions between the main vocalist and the fans.

"Whatcha doing?" unnie creeped up behind me, causing me to jump in surprise.
"Unnie, I almost got a heart attack," I feigned a complaint.
"Hmm, stalking SHINee?" She was looking at the computer screen where I had joined several fanpages on Facebook.
"Yah, I'm not stalking them, I'm just closely obs--"
"Closely observing them," unnie cut. "You're watching your oppa, how sweet!"
"Unnie!"
"Okay, okay," unnie laughed. "Hey, where'd your bracelet go?"
"What bracelet?"
"The day I arrived, you had a multicolored bracelet on your wrist."

I quickly looked at my arm. The bracelet was gone.


Hi guys, I'm back from my ridicuously long hiatus. My apologies for keeping you guys waiting for so long (it's been a year since I updated). I'm extremely sorry. Writer's block was unevitable.  (_ _'")

You guys are probably gonna kill me. Guilty as charged, I'm ready to face your wrath.

Oh, if you don't recognize me, I'm asnftw... just that I didn't like that name anymore so I changed it.  :P

Well, I hope you guys like the chappie!