Waiting

8finite: Part 2 Myungjong's Story

 

            Myungsoo struggled to stay on his feet. How could I be so stupid? I knew he saw me with that girl. Did you think he’d just forget, Myungsoo? He knew he wouldn’t. I just lost control. He had no intention of kissing Sungjong again. Not because he didn’t want to, but because it would only hurt him.

            But when Sungjong had called him ‘hyung’ he just lost his mind. For the past two weeks everyone called him L because it was what he had wanted. Even Sungjong called him L, but he had mostly just avoided addressing him altogether. He had almost forgotten that he was still hyung to Sungjong. What Sungjong had said about L not being a person was right. He was a mockery of a human being.

            When Sungjong called him hyung he remembered who he really was.

            There was nothing he had wanted more than to put Sungjong’s taste back on his lips. He had wanted to get rid of it at first, in hopes that he could stop thinking about him constantly. But it hadn’t worked. Kissing that terrible girl just made him want Sungjong even more. He had taken a good thing and threw it away out of fear. You’re a moron, Myungsoo. You’ll be lucky if he ever wants to even look at you again. Never mind love you.

            I don’t deserve his love.

            Maybe if I can find him and talk to him? I’ll tell him everything. Every single thought and doubt that I have ever had. Myungsoo was a very private person and he usually kept things to himself, but he’d reveal everything to Sungjong if it could even repair their relationship a little bit. If I wasn’t so cold to begin with none of this would have happened. Sungjong deserves someone warm and open. Not me.

            He wiped his eyes and went back to the party to find Sungjong. He asked the other members if they had seen him, but no one had. Julia immediately became alarmed.

            “I haven’t seen him. Why where’d he go?” she said as she frantically searched the party with her eyes.

            “What’s going on, Myungsoo?” Sunggyu asked him sternly. His eyes were very serious. He hadn’t called him L, he noticed with some surprise.

            His leaders stared at his face with growing concern as he fumbled for what to tell them. “Sungjong is very drunk and very upset with me and I can’t find him,” Myungsoo said as his shoulders slumped hopelessly.

            “Why is he upset?” noona asked. Her eyes were suddenly wide and frightened. He imagined he looked the same way.

            “It’s not important right now. Myungsoo, tell all the guys to search the roof one more time and then we will go to the apartment. He may have gone back.”

            Myungsoo was nodding repeatedly as his eyes filled with tears, but Sunggyu grabbed his chin to stop him. “It isn’t time to panic yet. He’s probably fine. Now go get the others.”

            They searched, but didn’t find him. One person said they saw a thin boy running towards the elevator. They all knew that had to be him. He wasn’t there anymore.

            Myungsoo couldn’t get to the apartment fast enough. He took a cab with Sunggyu and Julia. The others stayed at the party in case he went back there.

            At every red light Myungsoo’s hands shook more. Noona grabbed them and held them between her own smaller hands and made shushing noises as if he was a five year old. Myungsoo found it comforting, though.

            He had always been a little jealous of Sungjong’s relationship with noona. She clearly favored Sungjong over everyone except for possibly Sunggyu. Even then, Myungsoo wasn’t sure. He had a feeling it would be like her choosing between her husband and her child. Myungsoo had been jealous, but now he was thankful that she loved Sungjong the most. He deserved the most love. She should have been holding Sungjong’s hands; not his. He didn’t deserve comfort.

            When they finally made it to the apartment Myungsoo was the first to the elevator and he almost closed the doors in Sunggyu’s face in his haste. When they got to the apartment Myungsoo saw that the lights were all off and his stomach dropped. They searched every room, but he wasn’t there. Myungsoo stood at Sungjong’s window and fought his tears. He leaned his head on the glass and put one hand to his heart as it beat out of control with fear. His air came out in gasps as he tried not to hyperventilate.

            Sunggyu came over to him and rested a comforting hand on his shoulder.

            “What’s that?” he asked suddenly.

            Myungsoo looked up to Sunggyu with hopeful eyes. Sunggyu was pointing at the window in front of Myungsoo’s face. His heavy breathing had fogged up the glass and they could see a line was drawn on the window. Myungsoo breathed on the glass more to reveal the whole picture.

            It was a star.

            “I know where he is,” Myungsoo shouted as he ran from the apartment.

             

 

            It felt like hours passed before they finally made it to the carnival. Myungsoo bolted out of the car while Sunggyu asked the driver to wait again. He promised to give him a very large tip for his troubles.

            Myungsoo climbed up the gates with ease. He couldn’t wait for the other two anymore. They’d have to fend for themselves. He ran directly to the carousal with only the moonlight to guide him.

            When he saw the unlit star he slowed down to a stop. Seeing the star turned off made Myungsoo oddly sad. It was just a part of the carousal, but it meant more to Sungjong. So it meant more to him too.

            He scanned the area, but didn’t see Sungjong anywhere. Maybe Myungsoo was wrong. Could he be at the ferris wheel? He was about to check when he heard a sound.

            It sounded like soft grunts. Myungsoo moved closer to the carousal and walked around it slowly. When he was on the side closest to the river he spotted him.

            Clinging to the edge of the carousal’s rounded roof was Sungjong. He was grasping the ledge with both hands as he stood on one of the carousal animals. It was a deer with giant antlers that went out to either side of its head. It was probably the only creature that could have been used to make the insane attempt. Sungjong had both feet on the antler closest to the outer edge of the ride.

            Myungsoo watched with horror as Sungjong attempted to launch himself up to the roof with his feet. Myungsoo ran over to catch him, but Sungjong somehow managed to swing his leg up to the roof and roll onto it safely. Myungsoo couldn’t see him anymore, but he could hear him laughing. He sounded delirious.

            “Sungjong,” Myungsoo called up tentatively. The roof of the carousal sloped up towards the star and Myungsoo was deathly afraid that Sungjong would slip down it if he moved too quickly. He didn’t want to scare him.

            Sungjong’s head popped out over the rim. Even from his place on the ground Myungsoo could see how distant his eyes were. His eyes looked like large glass marbles as he stared down blankly. He seemed drunker than the last time Myungsoo saw him at the party.

            “What do you want,” he asked solemnly. As if Myungsoo had disturbed him in a completely normal act.

            “Oh my god, Sungjongie! What are you doing up there?” noona’s voice suddenly shrieked into the night.

            Sungjong’s body jerked in surprise at her voice. Myungsoo heard him grasping for leverage on the roof. He was afraid he would see his body come tumbling down, but after a moment of silence his head popped out again.

            “You brought noona,” he slurred. “Tattle tale.”

            Sunggyu came up beside Myungsoo and began ordering Sungjong to come down. Sungjong usually didn’t disobey Sunggyu, but his head just disappeared and he fell silent.

            “Sungjong,” Myungsoo called up.

            “I can see him,” Julia informed them from where she stood further away from the ride. “He’s just staring up at that star.”

            “Sungjong please come down. I want to talk to you,” Myungsoo pleaded.

            “I don’t have anything to say to you,” Sungjong muttered. They could suddenly hear him moving.

            “Sungjong, stop!” noona yelled from behind them. “He’s trying to crawl up to the star. Please do something!”

            Myungsoo had enough. He climbed onto the carousal and made his way onto the deer. Sunggyu moved to stop him initially, but then he had a change of heart.

            “Myungsoo don’t climb up there it’s dangerous,” Sunggyu yelled loud enough for Sungjong to hear as he struggled to reach the star. Myungsoo saw what Sunggyu was doing. As Sunggyu must have expected, Sungjong instantly forgot the star and became concerned.

            “No, don’t come up here,” Sungjong yelled out.

            “I’m going to get you your star. That’s what you want, right,” Myungsoo shouted as he climbed shakily onto the deer’s antlers. He had no idea how Sungjong managed this drunk.

            “No, you’ll hurt yourself,” Sungjong’s shrill voice came from above.

            “Well then so be it,” Myungsoo shouted as he grabbed at the ledge. The lights that strung along the roof hurt his hands as he clutched it.

            Myungsoo had absolutely no confidence that he was going to be able to make it onto the roof safely. He was about to launch himself off the deer with his feet when Sungjong’s hands were on top of his.

            “Stop please, hyung. I’ll come down,” his voice was barely audible. He sounded so drowsy.

            Myungsoo climbed down and stood on the raised floor of the ride. Sunggyu stood in front of him on the ground in case Sungjong fell. They watched closely as Sungjong grabbed the edge firmly and let his body swing down. The moment his body came into view Myungsoo grabbed him around the middle. Sungjong let go of the roof and they stumbled backwards into the ride together.

            Myungsoo leaned against one of the animals and he held Sungjong to him. Myungsoo’s whole body shook as he was finally able to breathe again. His face was up against Sungjong’s cold one when he spoke in his ear.

            “I’m so sorry,” he whispered. He was so thankful to be holding Sungjong that he kissed him on the forehead and rested his nose in his hair.

            “I just wanted to sleep,” Sungjong mumbled into his shoulder. Myungsoo could barely hear him. Sungjong’s chest moved shallowly against his.

            Myungsoo held Sungjong’s face back and looked in it as Sunggyu and Julia came up to them looking relieved. Myungsoo no longer felt relief though. He was suddenly petrified. Sungjong’s eyes were glossier than he had realized. They were completely unfocused as he stared blankly at Myungsoo. He looked like a lifeless doll.

            “Sungjong what did you do?” Myungsoo screamed in his relaxed face. He was trying not to panic, but he was failing.

            “What’s wrong with him?” Noona sounded as terrified as Myungsoo felt.

            “How much did he drink?” Sunggyu asked as he grabbed Sungjong’s chin and looked into his now closing eyes.

            “He wasn’t this bad at the party,” Myungsoo said.

            Noona seemed to understand the situation as she spotted something in his pocket. She reached in and brought out an orange bottle. “I think he may have taken pills. Sungjong how many did you take?”

            “I just wanted my star,” he mumbled slowly. It was hard to discern what he was saying.

            “Try to make him vomit. I’m calling an ambulance,” Sunggyu said as he took his phone out.

 

 

            Sungjong woke up to the sounds of beeping machines. He moved his head off the pillow and was instantly dizzy. When the strange white room stopped spinning he was able to discern where he was. Why am I in the hospital?

            He looked to his right and saw Sunggyu sitting on the chair beside his bed. Julia was in his lap with her head nuzzled in the crook of his neck. She had tear lines dried onto her face. Sunggyu was asleep too with his cheek resting on the top of her forehead and his arms wrapped around her small body. They were still in their outfits from the party.

            Sungjong suddenly remembered the party. He recalled that he went around stealing other people’s drinks. If his head hadn’t hurt so bad he would have hit himself.

            A vision of trampled flowers suddenly came to mind. He had been mad and yelling at Myungsoo. Sungjong’s fingers flew to his lips as he remembered Myungsoo kissing him. Sungjong had wanted to help him, but then he was yelling at him again. Why did I do that?

            A throat clearing to his right made him turn his head quickly; disorienting him again. When his vision cleared he saw a very concerned Myungsoo watching his face. Sungjong opened his mouth to say something, but Myungsoo shushed him quietly.

            Sungjong tried not to cry as Myungsoo slowly put his hand above Sungjong’s head and waited for permission to touch him. Sungjong nodded quickly. Myungsoo’s hand rested on his head gently before he took in a shaky breath and let it out slowly. Silent tears fell from Myungsoo’s eyes as he lovingly ran his fingers through Sungjong’s hair and pushed it off of his face.

              Myungsoo was about to say something when noona began to stir in Sunggyu’s arms. When she saw that Sungjong was awake she practically leapt out of Sunggyu’s lap; waking him in the process.

            She instantly began crying as she came up to Sungjong. She touched his face tentatively as she was reduced to a pile of body wracking sobs.

            “You scared me, Sungjong,” she bawled.

            “I’m so sorry.” Her hysterics made him want to cry. He still didn’t remember what had happened, but this was clearly his fault.

            He held his arms open to her weakly like she had done for him the time she was in the hospital. He had been just as big a mess as she was now. She gladly embraced him and started weeping more when he pulled her into the hospital bed with him. She cuddled up to him like he had to her that night and quickly began to calm down. She let out a soft chuckle as she must have realized the role reversal.

            Sunggyu got up and motioned for Myungsoo to follow him as they left the room. Sungjong didn’t want Myungsoo to leave, but couldn’t bring himself to say anything. He felt better when he saw that they stopped outside the window in the hall. Sungjong could see Myungsoo’s back as he leaned against the window and started talking to Sunggyu.

            “Noona, can you please tell me why I’m in the hospital.”

 

 

            He didn’t want to leave Sungjong’s side. He hadn’t since they got to the hospital. Myungsoo had watched in horror as they pumped Sungjong’s stomach and tried to keep him awake. The doctor’s informed them though that he would be fine. They said he had only taken a few of the pills and their reaction with the alcohol brought on his condition. Myungsoo had been afraid that he had purposely taken enough pills to overdose. But he knew Sungjong wouldn’t do that to himself or to them. It was just an accident.

            Sunggyu brought them into the hall and leaned against the wall across from Myungsoo.

            “We should give them a minute to talk. In the meantime, you can talk to me Myungsoo. If you want to.”

            Myungsoo chewed on his lip as he thought. He did want to talk. He looked into Sunggyu’s eyes and saw that they were sympathetic. He had expected him to be angry and leader like. But all he saw in front of him was a friend.

            “I’m gay,” Myungsoo revealed quietly. He waited for Sunggyu’s expression to change. He was expecting disgust or at least shock, but he got neither. Sunggyu just nodded.

            “So you and Sungjong?” He asked.

            Myungsoo nodded.

            “I can see it hasn’t been going so well thus far,” Sunggyu said with a humorless chuckle.

            “I’m sorry, hyung. This is all my fault.” He couldn’t look in Sunggyu’s understanding eyes anymore and stared down at his shoes instead.

            “What exactly is your fault?”

            “I’m the reason he is in here. I was confused and I kept doing stupid things that hurt him. I drove him to this point,” Myungsoo whispered in shame.

            “You shouldn’t be sorry for being confused,” Sunggyu said as he shook his head in near disbelief. “How long have you even known, Myungsoo?”

            “About two weeks.”

            Sunggyu let out a heavy sigh. “Myungsoo-ah,” he said sadly. “Of course you are going to be confused. Especially if it has only been two weeks. I can’t even imagine…” He trailed off as he thought. “Is that why you asked everyone to start calling you L?”

            “I’m a coward,” Myungsoo mumbled to himself.

            “Stop that,” Sunggyu said sharply, but then he softened his tone again. “I don’t think that there is anything strange about what you did. People will do crazy things when they are scared; irrational things. People will also do crazy things when they are in love,” Sunggyu said softly. He stared at Julia as she talked passionately to Sungjong in the other room.

            Sunggyu walked closer to the window and watched them silently. Sunggyu’s close proximity to Myungsoo comforted him.

            “How do you know it’s love?” Myungsoo realized his voice was barely audible, but Sunggyu heard him.

             “When you are in love with someone you feel it every minute of every day,” Sunggyu spoke quietly; as if the other two might hear him through the window. His eyes never left Julia as he continued. “With Julia, I hate being apart from her. Even right now, I can see her but she feels too far away. I want her within arm’s reach at all times. Or better yet, actually in my arms at all times,” he said with a little smile.

            “If she is sad then I’m depressed. If she is happy then I’m ecstatic. If she is hurt then I feel the pain too. She is in my heart forever now. And I would do anything for her. Anything,” he finished sincerely.

            Myungsoo could tell that he meant every word that he said.

            “That is what it feels like to be in love,” Sunggyu said as he finally met Myungsoo’s eyes. “Are you in love with Sungjong?”

            Myungsoo turned so that he was watching Julia and Sungjong talk. Sungjong’s eyes were wide and glistening with restrained tears as he listened to noona. His lip quivered a little and he bit on it subconsciously to make it stop. He listened intently and nodded solemnly at times. As Myungsoo watched, Sungjong’s eyes strayed to them standing in the window.

            Myungsoo’s heart stopped beating when their eyes met.

            Instead of answering the question Myungsoo just started to cry. He leaned his head on the glass for a moment before Sunggyu grabbed him and hugged him around the neck. He brought Myungsoo’ head down to his shoulder and the back of his head comfortingly. Myungsoo gripped him tightly as he let the tears he’d been holding go.

            “I don’t think I’m ready,” he gasped out near Sunggyu’s ear. “It’s too soon.”

            “Just tell him that,” Sunggyu said as he pulled Myungsoo back and looked in his eyes. “He will understand if you need time. I know he will.”

            “But what if he doesn’t. I can’t hurt him anymore.”

            “This is the only way. You won’t hurt him with the truth. Be completely honest with him and he will accept. He loves you, Myungsoo. He has always loved you. He will wait if that is what you want. There is nothing wrong with waiting.”

            Myungsoo looked back to the window and let out a heavy sigh.

 

 

            “I did what?!” Sungjong nearly screamed.

            “Shhhh,” noona said as she peeked towards the window as if the others would hear them.

            “I’m so sorry noona. I don’t know what was wrong with me. I didn’t mean to take too many pills. I swear. I only took three. I usually take two so I didn’t think it would be a big deal.”

            “I believe you Sungjong. It’s okay. We all make mistakes. I have made plenty these past few months. I’ve been so busy in my own little world I haven’t paid enough attention to you.”

            “Noona-”

            “If this is anyone’s fault it’s mine. I failed at my job,” she said angrily.

            “Noona, it’s my fault for never talking to you. You gave me plenty of opportunities to.” Of all people he didn’t want her blaming herself. She tried so hard to take care of them all. Upsetting her was one of his biggest regrets.

            “Why didn’t you?”

            “You were happy,” he said with a shrug.

            “I can’t be truly happy unless you are too Sungjong. Tell me now. What is happening? Don’t tell me you are fine!” She stared into his eyes; unwavering. She waited patiently as he worked up the courage.

            Sungjong let out a deep breath before answering. “I’m gay.”

            There were fresh tears in her eyes as she hugged him around the neck tightly. “Sungjong why didn’t you tell me? I could have helped you.”

            “I should have. I was scared of what everyone would think.” He had to fight back his own tears all of a sudden.

            “There is nothing wrong with being gay, Sungjong. No one would have treated you any differently. Not in this family,” she whispered into his ear. He felt a huge weight finally lifted off of his chest.

            “I’m so stupid,” he muttered into her hair.

            “You most certainly are not. You were scared and that’s perfectly normal,” she said as she backed out of the hug and looked in his face with a reassuring smile. She stopped smiling as she realized something. “Wait, so Myungsoo…. Wait… is he?”

            Sungjong just nodded his head ever so slightly and she immediately pulled him back into a hug. “Oh you guys must have both been so scared. I’m going to hug him later too and tell him it’ll all be alright,” she said as she looked to the window with a sad frown. Sungjong could see that her gentle heart was breaking for them.

            “I think he’ll like that,” Sungjong said with a little smile. “I bet he feels as guilty as I do about the whole mess we’ve created.”

            “Neither of you should ever feel guilty because these things just happen, Sungjong,” she said quietly. He realized she wasn’t looking at Myungsoo anymore. She was looking at Sunggyu.

            “What happens?”

            “Love,” she answered as she turned back to Sungjong. “There is nothing you can do about love. You can’t hide from it or run from it. Not if you truly feel it in your heart. I’m truly blessed to have found someone who loves me the same way that I love them. It doesn’t matter if it’s a man or a woman, Sungjong. If you love someone; you love them and that’s all there is to it. But the same thing goes for Myungsoo. It’s up to him to discover for himself if he is in love. You can’t control love you just have to let it happen.”

            Sungjong thought to himself about what she said before looking back at Myungsoo in the window. Their eyes met and for a moment Sungjong’s heart stopped beating.

           

 

            After some more noona cuddling, Sungjong asked if he could talk to Myungsoo alone. She pouted as if she didn’t want to leave, but Sungjong saw how she kept looking to Sunggyu in the window. Sungjong had been doing the same thing with Myungsoo.

            Sungjong watched noona through the window. She jumped into Sunggyu’s arms as soon as she got into the hallway. Sunggyu smiled to himself as he squeezed her tight.

            Sungjong stopped watching them though as Myungsoo came into the room. His face was puffy from crying, but Sungjong still thought he looked beautiful.

            Myungsoo sat in the seat next to Sungjong and smiled at him softly.

            “I’m sorry,” Sungjong said quickly. He felt absolutely no anger towards him anymore. He realized that in truth Myungsoo had never done anything wrong.

            “I’m sorry too,” Myungsoo said quietly. “I’ve been stupid lately and I’ve been hiding from you and myself. I’m not going to do it anymore. I promise.”

            “No more L,” Sungjong asked with a little smile.

            “Please don’t call me that ever again. It made me feel gross,” Myungsoo said with a visible shudder.

            “Me too.” He wasn’t able to hide his smile. When he smiled Myungsoo’s dark eyes lit up a little.

            “I was being L when I told you that I wasn’t your star,” Myungsoo said as he stared openly into Sungjong’s eyes. Sungjong didn’t like to think about that day, but they couldn’t hide anymore. “What I said hurt you and I regret that, but I don’t take it back.”

            Sungjong stopped breathing as he continued.

            “Because I’m really not your star, Jongie. You have always been the star. I ‘m the darkness.  Without you I’d be completely lost. It just took me awhile to realize it.”

            Sungjong was trying not to cry now as Myungsoo held back his own tears with visible effort.

            “I’ve always been a little lost. That’s why I created L in the first place. So that I could forget about Myungsoo as he crawled around in the dark.” His voice had been so quiet Sungjong almost had to strain to hear him. But Myungsoo’s voice grew stronger as he continued. “Then you came along shining brightly and you broke through that gloom that surrounded me, Jongie.”

            Sungjong couldn’t move or speak. He had never heard Myungsoo reveal this much of himself to anyone. Sungjong realized that Myungsoo probably never had been this open with anyone. 

            “I need you Jongie. I need that bit of hope that one day everything will be alright. One day,” he finished quietly. He looked down at his hands again as he suddenly became unsure.

            Sungjong reached out and took one of Myungsoo’s hands in his and squeezed it.

            “Tell me,” he insisted quietly. “I can take it.”

            Myungsoo criticized his eyes for a second before letting out an unstable breath.

            “I just don’t think I’m ready yet, Sungjong. I need some time to figure myself out.”         

            Sungjong nodded his head slowly to show him that he understood.

            “But will you wait for me, Jongie?” Myungsoo was on the brink of tears as he watched Sungjong’s face nervously. “I have no right to ask you for anything after what I did to you, but please… tell me you can wait.”

            “I’ll wait,” Sungjong whispered as the tears finally spilled from his eyes and fell down his cheeks. “As long as you need.”

            Sungjong watched as a wave of relief washed over Myungsoo’s face. He still looked sad, but he didn’t look scared anymore.

            “Can I just do one thing first?”

            Sungjong nodded his head and waited to see what Myungsoo would do. He drew closer; so that his face was right near Sungjong’s. Myungsoo’s head tilted to the side and he moved towards Sungjong’s trembling lips slowly. His eyes didn’t leave Sungjong’s as he came within an inch of his lips. Sungjong looked into Myungsoo’s eyes and gave the slightest nod of his head to tell him it was alright before Myungsoo continued.

            Sungjong’s eyes closed as Myungsoo kissed him softly. It was nothing like the desperate rooftop kiss. Myungsoo’s lips played over his gently. Sungjong wanted the moment to last forever. There was no fear or confusion. There was no pain or uncertainty. The love he felt between them in that moment was pure and true.

            Sungjong felt their tear drops mingle on his cheek and become one. They were quickly wiped away by Myungsoo as he held Sungjong’s face between both of his firm hands. Myungsoo pulled gently on Sungjong’s bottom lip before he slowly backed away. Myungsoo looked in his eyes silently for a moment. His thumbs grazed over Sungjong’s cheekbones slowly.

            Myungsoo’s eyes revealed everything to Sungjong. He knew now how Myungsoo felt. Myungsoo didn’t have to say a word, but Sungjong’s tears turned to happy ones as he told him anyway.  

            “I love you, Jongie. And I always will.”

 

 

            Sunggyu and Julia watched them talking from the window. They should probably have given the boys their privacy, but in that moment neither Sunggyu or Julia were actually thinking about the boys. They stared blankly into the room wrapped up in their own thoughts.

            Sunggyu had his arms wrapped around Julia’s waist loosely as he leaned his chin on her shoulder. He watched her face as she stared at the boys with distracted eyes.

            What is happening in that head of hers?

            She sensed him watching her and turned her head a little to give him a smile. It was a mischievous smile. He knew that look well. She was either up to no good or she was going to ask him for something. 

            “Marry me,” she whispered with her lips right near his. He felt the words move over his mouth. It sent a shudder through his body.

            “What happened to waiting,” he asked with a smile.

            He had to try not to laugh. The sudden proposal amused him to no end. Not only was the man supposed to propose, but she hadn’t even given him a proposal. She demanded him to marry her. And he would give her anything she wanted.

            “I’m sick of waiting,” she said with a cute whine.

            “Me too,” he pouted at her. She loved it when he pouted. She kissed him quickly on the lips. It was the kind of kiss a couple that had been together forever shared. Quick, sweet and to the point. It was second nature for them now.

            She looked back at the boys in the other room.

            “Do you think they will be okay?”

            “Yes, I do.”

            “How do you know, though?” She said with a frown.

            “Leader’s intuition?”

            She chuckled into his neck as she attempted to keep quiet in the hospital hallway. But the sound of his future wife’s beautiful laughter filled Sunggyu’s head and made him dizzy. He looked back at Myungsoo and Sungjong as they kissed each other sweetly. He watched them and saw himself and Julia when they had first discovered their real feelings for each other. It hadn’t been an easy road for them either.

             Sunggyu knew when he looked at the boys in the other room that no amount of time would change what they felt for each other. Because they were no different from himself or Julia.

            They were all in love.

            Hopelessly.

 

 

 

 

 

Afterward/Foreward for Part 3

**********************************************************

            Weeks had gone by since that long night. Watching Myungsoo and Sungjong as they waited to be together was slightly torturous for everyone. Sunggyu watched silently as they shared meaningful glances only to look quickly away. He watched as they touched each other only to back off a second later.

            They never seemed sad or upset. It just became normal behavior, but Sunggyu waited for them to break down. He knew something was going to happen eventually. It was just a matter of time. You couldn’t keep young love apart for long. Love was unpredictable.

            But Sunggyu was predicting something would happen soon. His leader senses were tingling.

            They were all in the main room one day watching television when Sungjong suddenly got up and moved towards the kitchen.

            “I’m getting a snack,” he said with a cute little yawn. Like Julia, Sungjong had no idea how adorable he was at times. “Anyone want anything?”

            “Chocolate sauce,” Myungsoo answered with a smirk.

            “I don’t think we have anything to put chocolate sauce on,” Sungjong said to himself seriously as he disappeared into the kitchen.

            “I’ll help you look,” Myungsoo called to him as he hoisted himself onto his feet and jogged into the kitchen.

            A moment later they all heard a clamor emanate from the room. Every single member got up and ran to the doorway, but before they made it there, Myungsoo and Sungjong emerged.

            At first, Sunggyu thought they were fighting as Myungsoo pushed Sungjong against the hallway wall, but then Sunggyu watched as Myungsoo a line of chocolate off of Sungjong’s cheek. They both had big silly grins on.

            “Looks like he found something to put the chocolate sauce on,” Dongwoo laughed as he pointed at them.

            “Oh my god boys,” Julia said as she approached them cautiously. She had her hands out as if to touch them, but she just watched in shock as they started kissing each other.

            “I thought you boys were going to wait,” she said loudly as if their kissing had deafened them.

            “Waiting is gay,” Myungsoo mumbled as he pressed Sungjong against the wall with the force of his needful kisses. 

            “Yeah noona… waiting… is… totally gay,” Sungjong panted out breathlessly as they continued to kiss. They couldn’t care less that everyone was watching them.

            “Yah! Myungsoo you are getting chocolate on the walls,” Julia screeched as they pushed each other back and forth down the hall way; banging against each wall as they fought for control over the kiss.

            Of course she is worried about the walls, Sunggyu thought with a smirk.

            They seemed to be heading towards the room Sungjong and Julia shared, but she ran up and screamed as she blocked the door with her small body.

            “I have breakables in here and you guys are all chocolaty and dirty.”

            They were unfazed and moved across the hall to Myungsoo’s room. Sunggyu watched as they fumbled to open the door before finally vanishing inside.

            Julia still stood at the open door as she peered in at them.

            “Boys I am so glad that you are happy. But some things can still wait, if you know what I mean.”

            Sunggyu tried not to laugh at her. He watched as Sungjong and Myungsoo’s heads popped out of the dark room and they kissed her simultaneously on either of her flushed cheeks.

            “Love you, noona,” they said at the same time as they disappeared into the room and closed the door.

            Myungsoo opened the door a second later and popped his head back out, “Just kissing noona. I promise,” he whispered. He gave her a smile and ruffled her hair lovingly before going back in the room.

            Julia stood at the door silently for a moment. Sunggyu heard giggles coming from within as he wrapped his arms around her and swayed her a little side to side.

            “What’s wrong? They’re happy now,” he whispered in her ear. He realized he didn’t have to whisper though because at some point the other guys had grown bored and went back to watching television.

            “My babies are all grown up,” she cried out. At first he laughed because he thought she was joking, but to his surprise she was actually crying.

            Sunggyu suppressed his amusement as he turned her and hugged her to his chest. He lifted her body a little and she gladly laced her arms around his neck. Her feet rested on top of his as he slowly made his way back to the main room.

            The others all looked up with confused expressions when they entered.

            “What’s wrong noona?” Hoya asked with genuine concern.

            “My little Sungjongie’s all grown up and kissing boys,” she cried. She refused to unbury her face from Sunggyu’s neck when she answered. Her words tickled his sensitive skin.

            “Julia didn’t you have something you wanted to tell everyone,” Sunggyu said trying to distract her.

            She backed away and rubbed her eyes. She used the back of her hand to wipe snot and tears from her face. It was kind of gross, but Sunggyu still thought she was beautiful. And he always would.

            “I wanted to ask everyone,” she complained as she looked towards the room that concealed the two lovebirds.

            “It’s okay. You can ask them later.”

            “Yeah noona, I want to know now,” Woohyun whined.

            She backed out of Sunggyu’s arms and stood in front of them. “I wanted to ask everyone if it would be alright for my cousin to stay here for a few weeks. For our wedding.”

            “You don’t want your cousin to stay in a hotel?” Sungyeol asked. “He probably wouldn’t be comfortable here with all of us.”

            “Her family doesn’t have a lot of money so I’m paying for her to visit. Having her stay in a hotel for weeks would be really expensive. I’d pay it though if you guys aren’t comfortable. So no pressure. I just figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask. If even one person is uncomfortable I’ll get her the hotel.”

            “Wait noona… Your cousin is a girl?” Woohyun asked. Sunggyu saw that he was trying to hide a smirk.

            “Yeah. Her name is Shelly.”

            Sunggyu watched as Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya and Sungyeol all passed looks between them. Sunggyu did not like this.

            “How old is she?” Woohyun asked.

            “She’s a little younger than me. I think she’s 21 now.”

            The guys’ grins grew wider. Sunggyu really did not like this.

            “Do you have a photo?”

            “I do!” she exclaimed; suddenly happy. Happy and adorably clueless. She ran to her room to get the photo.

            “Dibs,” all four boys yelled out as soon as she was in her room. Sunggyu tried to control his sudden anxiety as the guys began to argue over who called it first.

            “I said dibs first!” Woohyun sing-songed to the others.

            “You were on ‘Di’ when I was on ‘–ibs’. I heard it!” Sungyeol said back.   

             They hushed down as soon as Julia came back. She held the photograph carefully in her hands like it was treasure. He crowded around her with everyone else to get a peek at the photo. As soon as he saw the girl in question his stomach dropped.

            She was gorgeous of course. She was related to Julia, after all. But she also looked very different. Unlike Julia, she hardly looked Korean. Her eyes were a shade of bright green. Her hair was a wild pile of curly red waves. In the picture she was smiling and kissing at the camera. Her shirt was low cut and her shorts were well… short. She actually didn’t remind him of Julia at all.

            “Was she adopted?” Dongwoo asked as he stared; mouth agape.

            “No,” Julia said with a chuckle as she looked lovingly at her cousin’s still frame. “She is the daughter of my aunt on my dad’s side. My aunt is half Korean, but she married an American man with Irish heritage. So she’s only ¼ Korean. See her high cheekbones,” she said pointing at the girl’s face. “They look like mine right?” She turned to Sunggyu and smiled with such joy that he felt his heart melt.

            “Would you guys really be okay with her staying?” She asked almost on the brink of tears again, but happy tears this time. Sunggyu realized sadly that Julia probably hadn’t seen her cousin since she had moved to Korea nearly six years before.

            The boys all shouted out positive things and Julia beamed brightly at them all. He tried to smile back at her, but he knew this was going to be trouble.

            They were all distracted from the picture when Sungjong’s voice shouted at them from down the hallway.

            “Noona, can you buy us more chocolate sauce next time you go to the store,” Sungjong yelled with a big smile. His smile was as bright as Julia’s.

            Myungsoo’s arm reached out and pulled Sungjong back into the dark room before Julia had a chance to respond.

            The Infinite home had gone absolutely mad and Sunggyu had a feeling it was about to get worse.

 

 

 

A/N if you would like to read part three in the 8finite series it is here: 8finite: Part 3 Hoya's Story

I really appreciate everyone that read this story! And every lovely comment I have received! <3