Chapter 6

Romance for Dummies

Chapter six

 

 

“You are always busy-“

“It is not like I want to be busy, okay?” She cuts off the doe-eyed blonde seating opposite of her angrily. Running her slender fingers through her soft brown locks, and avoids the upset gaze from her best friend.

“You can find time for Jongin, I don’t see why-“ Luhan tries again, finding sense to his argument.

“Luhan.” A single word escapes from her pink lips as she glares at him frustratingly. “Can you stop bringing Kai into this?”

It is not like Luhan wants to find trouble, or upset Yoona, but because the way his stomach lurches whenever he thinks about it, and his heart thumps a little faster every time he looks at her makes it impossible.

“Okay, I just want to spend more time with you, okay? We haven’t been spending time together for ages, and now that we can finally meet up, an appointment suddenly shot up and you have to leave.” He explains, the edges of his coffee brown eyes soften, “and not even an hour passed yet.”

Yoona huffs, and clutches onto her Gucci pink bag in annoyance. “It is not like I want the appointment to come anyway, it is not my fault.”

The melted portion on his iris hardens at her words, and it is Luhan’s turn to glare at her. “So it is my fault?”

The air around the restaurant grew very still and cold and the tension is unmistakably there.

“Well yes, will you stop clinging onto me? It is almost like a burden-“

Luhan stands up, that sole action interrupts her words and it is as if everyone in the room turns to stare at them. “You are so bitter, Yoona.”

Yoona stares at him in shock, Luhan teases her about her straightforward self before, but this time, the tone sounds peculiar and strange. Almost harsh.

“The whole time I had been trying to find time to meet up, to save whatever that is left in our friendship, but all my efforts have been in vain. Because of your lack of cooperation, selfish behaviors and Jongin.” He does not know why he added the last part, but it feels like it is necessary to do that.

“Why the hell are you putting Kai into this ? It is not my fault, Xi Luhan. I am busy and you know it. Why are you so insensitive?” She almost wails out, but resists the urge and only spits her word out poisonously. The end of her soft coffee brown curls twitches with anger, frustrations and a tinge of afraid in them.

“Me? Insensitive? Says the person who is getting so annoyed at his best friend for wanting to spend time with her!” He scoffs at her.

Yoona stands up this time, facing him, “Well whatever you want, jerk, I’m leaving,” and left the place in a huff. The clicking sound of her purple Jimmy Choos echos around his mind.

Luhan’s heart takes a double lurch, as he looks at the lingering presence of what is left of her. He feels every bit of anger and remorse. Why is she the one leaving when he stood up first?

That is when Luhan realizes that although he stood up first, he actually does not have a single intention to leave the restaurant, not without her.

 

Luhan realizes that he fell in love with his ex-best friend, and that it is all too late to do anything, as he falls deeper into the pit of self-wallow.

 


 

“Luhan is stupid.” Yoona curses that night, under the covers of Kai's bed.

Kai laughs at his pouting girlfriend, and places a cup of warm ginger tea by the bedside, “Ginger tea for you, just the way you like it.”

The ends of her lips tug a little at the simple yet thoughtful gesture of him, and that reminds her on why she fell in love with this young boy. His innocence, thoughtfulness and purity.

“Thanks," she speaks out, but not after taking a sip of the warm drink, feeling the tingly ginger taste lingering in . Kai wraps his arm around her and Yoona lies on his broad and hard chest.

“Luhan is stupid.” She exclaims again.

“I know, you said that ten times since you came over.”

“That’s because he is!” She cries out as she kicks the soft wool blanket in a fit of anger.

The child-like Yoona invokes a sense of adoration to Kai, as he wraps his hand tighter around her. “What did he do?”

“He is being insensitive again! And clingy and stupid and he called me bitter! Can you believe it! I thought that he was my friend!” She complains. “I can’t believe he called me bitter, and it hurts okay, Kai, it hurts like .”

Kai soothes the woman in his arms, “Just forget about it, okay?”

There is a slight strain in his voice again. Every time they meet up, Yoona cannot help but talk about Luhan. Complaining about him, comparing him or talking about him. He understands that Luhan is her best friend, but he is her boyfriend, isn’t that more important?

But he keeps quiet, and let that matter slide yet again. With gently and fluttery kisses on her cheeks, nose and lips, the undeniable jealousy is contain.

What he doesn’t know that, it is a mistake to bottle up his feelings. Because he doesn’t keep track on the amount he is bottling it, and that is dangerous.

Not matter how large the bottle is, everything has a limit.

 


 

“What’s wrong?” Suho brushes a stray blonde fringe away from her eyes, and looks at her with infinity amount of warmth.

“It’s Krystal and Taemin again, they can’t stop fighting.” She replies sadly, and the hand coiling around hers tightens.

“Why not we let them solve their own problems?” He suggests.

Luna halts, causing the other to stop as well with curiosity. “We can’t just leave them in the lurch, both of them are far too immature to solve their problems.”

 

That is Luna, Suho’s girlfriend, Krystal and Sulli’s bestfriend, as well as someone who loves to help others.

Suho is deeming set to help her to stop helping others, before helping gets the better of her. Because Luna, although she loves to help others, in terms of helping herself, she is as hopeless as a fool.

 


 

(a/n) sorry sorry for the short chapter and for not updating. I am busy, still am and I have reviews/homework/tuition/CCAs and I can't find the time to update. But rest assure that I am not giving up on the story. Thank you, for not unsubscribng, and for subscribing *hello new subscribers* to the story still.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! I promise that I will be back, and I will find time! 

btw guys, the poster is pretty right? LETS ALL THANK MY FRIENDDDD UBERCHROME FOR IT, IT'S BEAUTIFUL REALLY, THANKEWWW BBYYYYY <3