Chapter 5

Romance for Dummies

 

Chapter five

 

1 year later.

 

“Sorry!” The tall and slim woman maneuvers her way in the crowded restaurant, trying to spot her ditsy blonde best friend.

“Yoong! Here!” Luhan shoots his hands up, drawing the attention of the woman. Yoona spotted him and immediately makes her way towards him.

“Hi Lulu!” She cheerfully greets, and takes the seat opposite him. Luhan’s face immediately brightens up at the sight of her, his eyes lights up and he breaks into a wide smile.

“I ordered for you your favourite dish here, pasta with Zucchini blossom.” His eyes twinkle with pride, and the figure opposite him smiles.

“You know me so well.”

“I am your best friend after all.” He hastily follows after, with a small smile on his lips. “Yes, you are, Lulu. And I miss your dorky character like crazy...” A small sigh escapes from her pink lips, as she takes a sip from her ice cold lemon water after.

Luhan pauses for a second, as he decides whether or not to say that, he does ​make the attempt to meet up often, but she is the one that always spoils it all. However, he thinks about the reaction he will get, and how the mood will be later on, and finally decides to keep his mouth shut.

The food comes shortly after, and both of them quickly dig in. Yoona especially, as she is famished, and he watches his sophisticated friend perform a pretty contradicting action. It really looks like she is racing with time, and tries to consume her food as quickly as possible. Luhan does not hide his disgust.

“Does Jongin know about your horrid table manners?” He swiftly slices a small piece of his medium-rare steak and plants it gently onto his tongue.

“Yes, and it is not horrid. You are horrid.” She replies with filling with pasta, the sauce smearing all over her once-clean lips.

Luhan had known Yoona long enough to not feel embarrass anymore, he only groans in disgust at her lack of etiquette, and hopes that the people around them are not noticing her.

“Are you judging me?” Yoona asks, when she heard his groans, this time, she picks her napkin up and wipes the creamy sauce off her lips before glaring at him with her beautiful chocolate brown eyes.

“I judge you all the time Yoong, and until you practice proper etiquette, I am going to keep judging you. I am surprise however, that Jongin can stand your barbarous behaviour.” He shakes his head, and diverts his attention back to his dinner.

“Because,” she takes a sip of her water again, “Kai is nice, unlike you.” She continues the race with time to finish her meal, and fails to notice the sudden rigidness from the older body.

Luhan clears his throat, and continues to slice his steak, he feels a coil in his stomach, and he hears his heartbeat thumping louder. He does not know why, after hearing that sentence, his appetite seems to be fading away.

They ended the dinner quickly and quietly, the atmosphere was odd, but only Luhan notices, because Yoona is too whimsical to care.

 


 

 

Who is Yuri? Who is Amber? Who is Hyoyeon? Who is Tiffany? Who is Taeyeon? Why is there so many women’s name under your contacts? Are you cheating on me Lee Taemin?” Krystal’s voice escalates in every syllable, till she ended up almost shrieking right into Taemin’s fair face.

“Can you not freaking scream?! This is not your house so shut up.” Kai rolls his eyes, and continues to type rapidly on his smart phone.

“You shut up, Kkamjong, I bet that you are texting Yoona shamelessly right now.” She rebuts, refusing to allow Kai to win.

“Can you not call me Kkamjong, I am giving you your hard-earn respect by not calling out every single profanities that I know, because you are my brother’s girlfriend. And I also don’t see any shame in texting Yoona.” He spits out, however his eyes never leave his phone screen, and there is a small smile playing on his lips as he reads her reply.

“Fine, not shameful, I meant gross-"

“What is so gross in texting my girlfriend-” in which Kai interrupted her, before her remark gets worse.

“It is gross because I know Yoona, and the fact that you are in love with her is just-"

“Krystal,” Taemin back hugs her, to stop the fight from intensifying any further.

“What, flirt?” She puffs her cheeks up in annoyance, as she glares at the dark-skin man opposite him, in which he reciprocate as well.

“I am not a flirt!” Her boyfriend whines into her ear, his arms still snaking around her shoulders.

“Then who are all the women in the contacts?” she demands, obviously not smitten by his act.

A soft snicker can be heard from the room, and Krystal glares at Kai. “Go away, you’re interrupting us!”

“Excuse me, this is my house, you are interrupting my peaceful night here.” Kai retorts back, and folds his arms, obtrusively staring at her back.

“Annoying jerk-” a warm salty palm covers , and her eyes open wider.

“I love you!” Taemin kisses her peachy cheeks, to calm his girlfriend down, before continuing, “And, Jongin, can you go to your room for a while, please?”

Kai scans at the pathetic sight, and the doeful smile on his brother’s face, before leaving to his room.

“They are my dance mates,” Taemin speaks up when Kai left the room, as he removes his palm.

“Why are they female?” She queries, as she slants her eyes and turns her body to get a better view of his expressions.

“My dance school is a mix school!” He lifts both of his hands up, as if surrendering to her requests.

“But that doesn’t mean that you have to talk to them, and get their cell phone numbers.” She crosses her arms this time; the steel in her eyes however, slowly fades.

“It is a dance project which we have to work together...” He patiently explains to her. He knows exactly how she works, and that screaming and scolding will never work for a woman like her.

“So many females in a project?” there is a doubtful tone lingering in her voice, and she refuses to put it down.

“It isn’t just one project, my love, it’s a few. Collaboration, we like to call it.”

Still,” her voice sounds softer, and less y. Sometimes Taemin wonders if she only puts on her y, frictional front in front of others, to prove that she is not an easy woman, and that she has a good control over the relationship. Because in front of Taemin, she can be really pleasant, and sometimes whenever he looks into her eyes when they are alone, he sees a fragile figure instead.

“Do you trust me, ‘Stal? You know that I only have eyes on you, those women that you had mentioned mean nothing to me.” A small smile plays on his lips as he gazes warmly in her shady black eyes.

Krystal lets out a soft sigh, he was right; there is simply nothing to worry. Taemin loves her, and only her, right?

 


 

 

Luna giggles incoherently as she steals secret glances at the dazzling figure opposite him. Suho blushes once in a while, but keeps his head down, and continues with his work.

It is late at night, but both of them are still in the office, alone, completing their individual assignments - Not that any of them mind anyway.

The shorter woman decides to take a little break from gawking at her lover, and continues typing out her review on the word document; her eyes turning full fledge focus.

After thirty minutes of mindless giggling, and truly seriously working from both of them, Luna finally stifles a yawn, igniting the concern from the man.

“Are you tired? Do you want to stop here already?” He looks at the tiny figure opposite of him in genuine concern.

She shakes her head, “I need to at least finish this, but you can go home first if you…”

“No,” there is a stern tone in his voice, “I won’t leave without you.”

Luna resists the urge to smile at his oh-so-manly act, and diverts her attention back to the review.

However, she is distracted again, by the older figure, standing up, and making his way to the side of the office.

“Where are you going?” She asks curiously, her head bobbing to the left side.

“Making coffee.” He answers and smiles cheekily before continuing, “For you.”

Now that his back was facing her, she does not make an attempt to hide her delight, and a big toothy smile emerges on her face.

About five minutes and silent squealing later, Suho appears back, with a cup of piping hot coffee.

“Milk coffee, with two packets of sugar, just the way you like it. Although I really wonder how you can consume such high amount of sugar.” He places the cup on the table, and says it amusingly.

“Sugar, is the key to my out bursting energy. Coffee is just the side kick,” she places the tip of the cup on her lips. This is the coffee made by Suho, and she is going to savor it.

“Careful, it’s hot.” He gently reminds her; as he stares at her, with a somewhat slight sense of protectiveness in it.

She takes a sip of the milky sweet substance, and the flavour- sugar to be more exact bursts out in . It is perfect- or maybe not. She does not know, because as long as Suho made it, everything is perfect.

“Is it okay?” He asks carefully, still scrutinizing her every move carefully.

Luna sticks out her thumb and nods, “Perfect!”

 


 

(a/n) So this is the time skip I am talking about, skipping about a year.

And let this chapter be the kick start of the climate section! It will be faster, more agitating and such. Less fluff, and more drama, unless it SuhoxLuna, there will be slightly more fluff compared the other couples. But nonetheless, drama drama drama!

Hope you guys liked the chapter! <3