Chapter 2

Romance for Dummies

Chapter two

 

“Do you know why am I one of the best, most sought photographer here, Hyorin?” Yoona moves slightly closer to the model and clicks the shutter a few times. She isn't expecting an answer, however. “Because I am not afraid of giving harsh critiques... and I think that criticism is what the models need in order to survive in this harsh, materialistic world.” She clicks on the shutter a few more time before lowering the camera.

“Tell me,” she proceeds slowly towards Hyorin, her navy blue pumps clicking softly, “how many hundred more pounds do you still want to gain?”

Hyorin cringes slightly and pats her stomach gently, she looks down onto the white floor and keeps her orange taint lips seal. She knows better than to talk back to Yoona.

The fashionable photographer walks back a little and sighs, “Your fats are going to all the wrong places my dear. Instead of your s and , they went straight to your legs and waist. Go lose some weight. The white back ground is making you look huge, by the way. Smile.” She rattles off once again, clicking the shutter at full speed, occasionally bending down and moving to the sides for a better angle.

“And seriously, Hyorin, stop sticking your s out. It is not glamorous at all!”

 

*****

Kai enters the building slowly, peering at the dark and black walls. He passed by several photo frames with large high quality glossy pictures of the company’s biggest and most successful models in awe. The light is dim and the glassy tiles beneath his feet feels smooth and slippery against his worn out green converse shoes. He enters the warehouse-looking set which the receptionist pointed out before and the hustling of people rushing around immediately greets him.

There are little shouts here and there, asking for the lighting, the missing make up brush and whoever’s coffee. All sorts of people scampering around, with different colored hair, a large variety of weird fashion that he has never seen before, carrying all kinds of things around like colorful streamers, a whole bunch of bananas and even a miniature statue of the Eiffel Tower.

He walks deeper into the place, careful to avoid hitting people and tries to look for a man wearing a yellow polo shirt named Kim Myeonseok.

“Excuse-“

“I’m sorry but-“

He tries to ask the people around if they know who is Kim Myeonseok but everyone is either too busy or that they just don’t care. He puffs his cheeks up a little and delve in deeper into the place, looking for the man.

Yellow polo, yellow polo-

“Hyorin you’re goin’ to need to cut down on the amount of calories you’re freaking consuming. The picture isn’t turning out nicely cause your thighs are all over the place! The poor editors are going to cry at the amount of photoshop that needs to be done for your humongous thighs!” His attention diverts to the skinny tall figure in front of him.

She was wearing a pair of skintight back jeans with glitters on it, a long over size zebra print jacket together with a pair of navy blue Jimmy Choos. Her long soft brown curls cascade elegantly behind her back and bounces once in a while as she huffs and complains.

“Jongin! Ah, there you are!” He heard a loud booming voice behind him and a short balding man wearing a brown colored polo shirt emerges within the crowd.

“Kai, call me Kai. Are you Mr. Kim Myeonseok?” He asks as he walks towards him.

“Ah, yes yes, Kai, our new model here. Call me Manager Kim! I am your manager in charge of you from now on.” He smiles at the taller man and hands him a bottle of mineral water.

“By the way, we are going to take your pictures for your profile today, which means just a few shots of your perfect figure to put it into your profile. It won’t take long. And your photographer here will be Miss Im Yoona, a well known photographer in our company,” he gestures to the lady Kai was gawking at before. “Let me bring you to your dressing room and introduce you to your stylist and make up artist for the day.” He walks towards the direction of the dressing room, and he rattles off like a machine gun while Kai trails quietly behind him.

*****

The strong perfume scent wafted into his nose as he tries not to sneeze when the make up artist does a final touch up to his flawless face. He bows a little before following his manager out of the room and to his set for the photo taking.

He enters a all white room with only a stool in the middle, a table right at the side of the room which is filled with camera equipment, a few people loitering around or just giving final touch ups to the place and of course the beautiful woman from before.

She looks so much more beautiful now that he sees her face, her doe-like eyes lightly rimmed with mascara, slightly tainted cheeks and soft pink lips that are pursing slightly while looking at the pictures in her camera.

 

“Yoona!” Manager Kim calls her with his deep gruff voice. Yoona whips her head up in annoyance but her expression immediately changes when her pretty eyes landed on Kai. She breaks into a breath-taking smile, puts her camera down and skips a little towards them.

My, my, my! Isn’t it Mr. Kim and the new hot model, Kim Jongin, also known as Kai? Can I call you Kai? Oh, I’m Im Yoona, the Im Yoona. Nice to meet you!” She streched her hand out to offer him a handshake and he takes it graciously. His cheeks are slightly taint due to the slight compliment she gave.

“Usually, I like to get to know my models more, so how about lunch after this shoot?” She asks him in a domineering but slightly docile way in which he shyly agrees with a nod.

Manager Kim however looks displease, “Yoona, I understand your point. But he’s going to be model now, and there will be rumors-“

“Oh my, Mr Kim, isn’t that the brown polo shirt your wife gave you last Christmas? It looks stunning on you!” She claps her tiny palms together while complimenting him.

He blushes a little and scratches his hairless head, “Well, thank you. It is yellow by the way, Yoona. Shall we begin?”

She nods her head and grabs onto Kai’s arm, “He’s with me until after lunch, so you’re free to go now! Shoo shoo, you’re not needed here, Mr. Kim who is wearing a yellow polo shirt that was a Christmas gift from his wife and looking stunning in it!”

He blushes again and ducks his head down but otherwise makes his way out of the set which Kai finds it oddly amusing.

This is turning out greater than he thought, a color-blind manager and a gorgeous young lady that had just asked him out.

Can his day get any better?

 


 

 

“So, what do you want to watch?” Sulli bends down to the lowest rack and glance through the numerous movie tapes that were messily stacked. Taemin gave her a grunt and plops onto the sofa with a bowl of salty popcorn on his lap. His eyes are half close and he stuffs the popcorn into his mouth rhythmically.  “How about Krystal, Krystal and Krystal?” He says with his mouth full and peeks at her reaction.

Sulli rolls her eyes and flops down on the spot next to him in a huff. He isn't in the mood to watch a movie anyway. 

“It’s rare that we have a chance to finally have a movie night and you’re here whining because of your girlfriend. Oh wait, this date is made possible because both of you are fighting.” She added the last part sarcastically, stealing some popcorn from his bowl.

“Aww, Ssul, I don’t mean it that way. You read too much into things. Just that, as my best friend shouldn’t you listen to my troubles? Moreover, my very lazy brother loathes Krys and he’s actually gloating over my plight now.” He snuggles closer to Sulli and lays his head on her lap.

“Okay okay, I’m going to listen to your troubles again. What’s wrong?”

“I don't plan to go to the SM audition this weekend. And she called me a wimp because of that.” His pinkish bottom lip juts out a little and a adorable sad pout slowly forms on his face.

“And? You didn’t want to go cause?” She absentmindedly combs tuffs of his blonde hair, feeling it’s soft texture gliding through her slender fingers.

“Because I’ve failed the audition countless times and I am set to be a dance teacher in my school.”

Sulli furrow her eyesbrows, “I don’t understand ,Tae. I mean, you’re so good at dancing- the best. Why the hell do they not want you?”

“It’s different,” he turns his head to face her, “dancing in front of a crowd and in front of the judges. I don’t know why but I feel as though they’re seeing through me, pointing out every single one of my flaws as they write on my application form. Every scribble written, my dancing becomes sloppier. It’s frustrating. And it’s the same in every audition. I guess that it’s fated. I’m not set to be an idol, I’ll just be content with being a dance teacher.” He groans and ran his finger through his yellow hair, messing it up.

“Hey, I just combed your hair!” She slaps his rough hands away and giggles. “Honestly, when I first met you, it was when you were dancing in the dance room of your old school. I was gawking at you because your moves were so fluid and smooth and I thought that you are definitely going to be a famous idol. But a dance teacher? Seriously, Taem? This is honestly not you!” She makes no attempt to control her laughter and it bursts out like the tingling of bells.

“It’s not funny, Ssul, not as if I want to be a freaking teacher anyway. But I love dancing and I can’t live without it. So I guess that I’m going to make a career out of it. I’m not getting any younger; it’s time to think realistically. But Krys just can’t seem to see the same picture I'm seeing!”

Sulli pats his head softly and shakes her head in pity. She pities him for having such a sharp-tongued and materialistic girlfriend. 

“Well, when I step down from all my ballet competition, I think that I am going to be a teacher as well. A ballet teacher, and teach young girls how to do twirls and dance gracefully with pointed little toes!” Her eyes twinkle in delight as she clasp her hands together and imagines her future. “We can be teachers together, Taem! You teach hip hop and stuff while I teach ballet! It will be so cool!” She lightly pats the side of his left eye and smiles brightly.

He nodded his head and smiles back, showing all his teeth. He imagines with her as well.

Little children of both gender sitting on the floor and hearing his explanation on the choreography of the song attentively.

Grooming up potential dancers and watching them shine on stage.

Returning home from work after a long day of lessons, his toes are sore and his knees are aching, but then there’s Sulli- not wait he means Krystal, standing there with a cup of warm milk. And while he drinks his milk and hears her talks about her day, her expert hands work on his sore back and legs.

He imagines.

 


 

 

“Hair check,” The taller woman lightly soothe the hair of the lady in front of her, gliding her long and sharp fingers through the tuffs of brown hair before ending it off with a light curl.

“Clothes check,” The shorter lady slowly twirl her body around, letting her best friend adjust her coal black blazer and navy blue cotton skirt. She ensures that her white crisp office shirt was tucked in properly before giving her friend a final nod.

“Breath check,” Luna blew her breath lightly towards her and she shook her head. “What did you eat? I smell tuna,” Krystal digs through her pink Gucci handbag she bought last week and fishes out her breath spray. “Strawberry mint, it leaves your breath refreshingly sweet and minty, my favorite.” She sprays a few times into Luna's mouth.

“You’re all set now, remember what I told you. Act uninterested yet interested at the same time. Play hard to get, my friend is not an easy friend you hear me? And flick your hair like this,” she flicks her black hair coolly with her eyes half close and glaze looking. Luna tries to mimic her but ended up looking sultry instead.

“Okay, and lastly the most important," she place both of her hands on each of her shoulders and stares at her.

"My dear damsel in distress, be yourself okay? You’re funny and awesome, bring out some of your charms and get him. Mesmerize him with your beautiful brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. You have it in you I know it. So go girl cause the first step in getting guys is being confident in yourself,” she gave her a little pat on her tense shoulders and pushes her into the office.

“Go Luna! Fighting!” She mouths at her, not looking away until her figure disappears.

*****

Luna takes a deep breath and collects some files that are suppose to be sent to Suho’s desk. She repeats the steps inside her head as she walks towards his office.

Say hi, then say my name, give some small talk, give the files-

She collided into a man, and looks up dreading the feeling she’s feeling right now.

Please not Suho, please not Suho.

“Luna-ssi are you fine?’ A pale wide palm reaches out and she looks up to see the face of the kind soul.

Her heart drops, “Ah, yes thank you,” she takes his palm and cruse inwardly to herself at such a cliché, fail and stupid meeting.

“I’m Luna.” She smiles and takes the files that he had picked up while she was straightening her attire.

“Ah yes, I know I called your name just now.” He laughs lightly, looking strikingly handsome.

“So, like yeah, the files are for you. Okay, see you later!” She hurriedly runs away after shoving the files back to his arms. She face palms herself and resisted the urge to punch herself for losing a good chance like this.

Krystal will definitely be disappointed.

But on the other side, I may like him even more now, his features are so much sharper at a closer look. She resisted the urge to squeal amidst her colleagues and tries to calm her beating heart down.

Is this love? 

 


(a/n) How is it guys? 2nd Chapter for you!

Okay an announcement to make, it's about this story so yeah please do take a look:
 

This story won't be a long one, it probably will not exceed 20 chapters.

There will be a time skip. The first time skip will take place after about 2 more chapters. There will be two time skip in total and each one will be about 1 year of skipping. 

The story also has three parts.

The first part(you're reading now) will be the introductory part. It's mainly to introduce you the characters, get to know them and also to build up tension for the next part. The first part is important, and it will be the most comical, fluffy happy part :)

The second part will be the part. Like the label, the part contains the highest, most thrilling part of the story, All the conflicts and fights will mostly be in there. There will be heart breaks/ ier characters/ tears/ harsh words and all of that drama-ish stuff. It will be the most angsty and dramatic part of the story. The one that will make you go, "OMG WHY YOU FREAKING LIKE HER, STOP BEING SUCH A JERK,"- something like that.

The last part will be the conclusion part. It will be the part where all the characters will grow up and understand love. Their main pairings will click then and there will be happy endings. There will also be tears as well but it will be bitter-sweet. It's the part that makes your heart all fuzzy and warm and you will want to come back for more. 

*The time skip will be between the introductory/ and /conclusion

Also you see the character profile I'd written for the characters? There are three dialogues for each of them, and they represent the 3 parts. (eg, the first dialogue is for the introductory part, the second for the part and the third for the conclusion.) It's like a teaser for you guys! x)

Note that the final pairings are set, I will not change them anymore. 

If you have any questions, you can ask me in the comment section or just PM me :)

Thank you! <3

*******Oh yeah I'm looking for a beta reader for this story, any recommendation?