Chapter 1

Romance for Dummies

Chapter one

 

 

“It’s funny how life throws us different hurdles and watches us fall and crumble,” he twirls her soft black curls around his fingers and laughs.

Normally, in such situations she will probably chide him for touching her delicate hair with his dirty hands. But instead, she slides slightly closer to him and puts her head on his chest. “But it’s all worthwhile in the end, when we get up and when we successfully cross the hurdles. Because life may give us hardships, problems and troubles, but it does not- it will never give up on us.”

 


 

 

“What on earth is that?” She queries his artwork while munching on a crunchy red apple. Luhan roll his eyes and ignores her, concentrating on his painting instead. It’s pretty obvious that it is a car he is painting and yet she still asks.

“Are you ignoring me Xi Luhan!” She pushes him slightly and sits on the stool next to him.

“If it’s any obvious my dear dear friend Yoona,” he wipes his left cheek with his palm that isn't holding the paint brush, “it’s a car. And you just spit some apple spit on my cheek.”

“Are you trying to say,” she chews on the juicy apple for a while before continuing, “that I am blind?” She takes another big bite from the fruit and gives him a stern gaze.

“Don’t talk with your mouth full,” he shakes his head in disgust at such un-lady-like manner carrying out by his best friend. And no matter how many times he tells her to practice proper manner, his helpful words will not be taken seriously.

“It’s ugly. I hate the color,” she harshly comments on his painting, eyes never leaving it as she scans further and tries to find more faults in it.

But her discordant statement doesn’t affect Luhan and he just continues mixing the oil paints together.

After all, he is used to her straightforward remarks. They have been the best of friends for five years and despite her frictional self, Luhan knows that beyond the hard exterior lies a beautiful sensitive woman. Or at least that is what he likes to think.

“By the way, I manage to clench a good deal,” she tells him after discarding the apple that she finished consuming. “Kim Jongin, signed a contract with our company and I, the one and only female photographer in KMY Company was requested to be the photographer for his first collection,” her eyes twinkling with pride.

“Who is Kim Jongin?” He asks as he carefully paints the shadow of the car.

“You mean you don’t know?” She gasped and started slapping his shoulders.

Luhan whimpers slightly at her short but sharp slaps on the thin fabric of his shirt.

“You totally spoiled the fun, you nerdy spoiler,” she sat back down on the stool with a huff. “He’s a very famous and handsome figure online. Although he hasn't step into the entertainment industry yet, his popularity is oustanding, and he’s my ideal type! He is breathtakingly handsome, cold and icy. Oh my god, I love my job, Lulu!”

 


 

 

 

“Seriously, hyung, stop dancing already I am famish. Let's go and have our dinner now." He rubs his hands at his growling stomach as he complains.

Taemin halts in his step and collapse to the dance floor. He rests his head onto the floor and inhales the scent of the polish wooden floor. He raises his hands up and shows one of his index finger - an indication to Kai, asking him to give him another minute.

“Is it Krystal again?” He shakes his head at the plight his older brother is in now. Every single time his cold-hearted cruel girlfriend Krystal quarrels with him, Taemin will practice extra hard.

“She’s cruel, Jongin... She's sharp like a razor,” he groans and turns his body to face him. “She’s so dam cruel but I love her like crazy.” He whimpers.

Kai shakes his head again and stands up.

Love, it is something that Kai does not understand at all. And seeing the predicament his beloved brother is in right now, he doesn’t even want to try and understand it.

“Both of you better stop quarreling because this is seriously affecting my poor belly.”

 


 

 

 

“He’s annoying, I freaking swear! I will not have a wimp as my boyfriend!” She complains to her two friends in front of her and applies a generous coating of dark red nail polish. Sulli and Luna both sigh tiredly, it is one of the sleepovers where they have to tolerate Krystal’s whines and complains of her on and off relationship with her boyfriend. 

“Taemin isn’t a wimp- " A young lady seated at the edge of the bed tries to defend her best friend but is cut off by the older one before she could finish.

“You are being bias now, Ssul, I know that you are going to defend him and I refuse to hear anything about him." She snaps. "Anyway, the limelight shouldn’t be on me right now. It should be on our much-loved friend over here.” She grinned widely as she gestures at the surprised lady in front of her.

“Me?” Luna points at herself and her head to the side in confusion.

“Oh, our Luna is now acting all innocent and naïve, but I know all about it! How dare you not tell us!” She points at her with her index finger, the nail polish already drying.

Luna stifles a laugh, “Seriously, 'Stal, what on earth are you talking about?”

“It’s none other than your recent love interest.” She gives up when she realizes that her attempt to create the exciting atmosphere is failing.

“Luna has a love interest?” The long brown haired girl immediately quirk up in interest.

“It’s no one actually-"

“No one? Don’t you dare lie! So how do you know him? How old is he? What does he work as? Is he hot or cute? Most importantly is he masculine and not wimpy like Lee Taemin?” She interrogates and although it is not necessary, the stubborn woman just has to add the last part about her supposedly wimpy boyfriend.

“Taemin is not wimpy-"

“-Hush hush, Ssul, don’t interrupt the damsel.”

“Suho is no one really, I don’t even know him-" The oldest tries to make an attempt to avoid the question but is constantly interrupted by her younger friends. 

“Luna, come on, do you take us as fools? I mean, maybe for Ssul cause she is still so young but do you take me as a fool? Spill it, baby, we want to know!”

Although Sulli wants to rebuke Krystal and tell her that she is only a year younger than her, and that she is definitely not a fool, she holds her tongue for she knows that her attempt will be futile.

“Okay, okay... Suho is my new boss. He should be around my age, and yes, he is handsome but more on the cute side. He has really white skin and really pink lips. But he doesn’t even know my existence!” Luna pouts at the thought.

“That,” Krystal wriggles closer to her, pulling Sulli along as well, “is what we’re going to fix tonight.”

“Introducing project SuNa!”


 

(a/n) So I can't resist it and I HAVE TO POST THE FIRST CHAPTER LOL. Anyway how was it? It's pretty different from my usual writing style because I usually write stories that are angsty with little humor and also with past tense. But now, this is different, it's a comical and entertaining story that will be written in present tense(I'm trying and was also inspired by my dear friend Uberchrome) 

And to clear the doubts: Kai and Taemin are siblings. Taemin and Krystal are together(yes although they are having a conflict now) and Sulli is younger than Krystal whilst Luna is the oldest. 

This chapter is just to introduce to you the main characters (although Suho did not appear, he is one of the main characters.) There will be more characters thrown in, in the later chaps so yeah it's gonna be fun!

And I portray Krystal and Yoona to be very strong characters here but neither of them are bad. They are just more outspoken, more judgmental and straight-foward. Let me repeat, Krystal is not bad okay. It's just her character, you can see that she actually has a heart. She cares for her friends a lot- just that she has a different way of showing it.

Oh oh oh oh oh this story is going to be exciting! Oh any guesses on the two people in the beginning of the chapter?

Hope y'all liked it! :D