Chapter 3

Romance for Dummies

Chapter three

 

 

Her eyes scan the crowded pub until it land on a familiar light brown hair figure at the corner of the room laughing. She made her way to him briskly, her black pumps clicking onto the glossy floor monotonously. She squeezes through the sweaty dancing crowd and made no attempt to hide her disgust at the men leering at her.

 

She plops down on the red velvety seat next to her best friend and frowns, “Can’t you just book a private room? It’s so freaking noisy here.”

“Oh, you’re here, Yoong!” Luhan smiles happily before turning his attention back to his group of friends.

“He was happily married, but his wife wasn’t," he takes a sip of his ice cold beer and laughs.

“You’re so blunt Luhan,” Sehun shakes his head, “Xiumin is a nice guy, even though he is a little annoying at times. But nobody’s perfect.” He shrugged.

“And he is your baozi!” The towering man named Tao, seating right at the end of the chair added cheerfully.

“But I got to agree with Luhan, I mean, ever since he got married, the number of times we actually went out together as a whole group became so minimal,” The gruffy voice figure next to Tao,name Kris took a puff from his cigarette before continuing, “He’s too protective towards his wife. And I pity her, I mean she needs to tolerate him almost everyday!”

The whole group burst into laughter and Yoona crosses her legs and huffed in displeasure. She is annoyed at the situation now, four men having a funny conversation without her.

She cleared noisily but it was drowned by the loud pounding music.

“Xi Luhan!” She hits his shoulder blades, getting his attention.

Luhan turns towards her with confusion and she places her hands on her hips. “I am freaking bored, talk to me.”

He laughs a little before leaning onto the sofa, absentmindedly leaving the conversation with his other friends and turning his attention to his pouting best friend.

“Alright, so, how was your day?” He takes another sip from his cup and gaze at her large, almost golden eyes under all the colored lights.

“Oh my god, Xi Luhan, you asked the right question!” She clasps her hands excitedly and slid closer towards him. “I asked Kim Jongin out for lunch and he was so freaking cute I swear! He’s awkward and quiet but that’s all right because I do the talking mainly. Oh, and he is so much hotter in real life!”

The bronze colored hair man rolls his eyes at the overwhelmed woman beside him, “Cuter than me?”

“Yes, I am sorry my baby-faced best friend,” she pinches his cheeks and nodded sadly. “Kai beats you. He’s cute and hot at the same time. He’s my number one now.”

“You’re evil Yoona. Throwing me away after you found another cute guy.” He pretends to whine like a baby- an action that invokes her cold heart.

“Aww, you are so adorable, Lulu! That’s why you’re my best friend! How’s work by the way?” She grabs the glass from his hands and takes a long gulp of the bitter liquid.

“Fine- hey, don’t drink so much." He said pointedly before continuing. "I mean I’d just got another assignment from my boss to do another painting. And the pay is quite good." He snatches the glass back from her grasp and drinks from it instead.

“That’s good, you’re finally earning a decent amount of money from that boring job of yours- give me the drink, Lulu!” She tries to take the glass from her best friend as her lips yearn for the contact of the cold liquid.

“No! You shouldn’t drink so much; your body cannot consume too much alcohol. And my job isn’t boring Yoong, it’s what I like doing best. I don’t seek for wealth, I seek for enjoyment." He tries to gulp the remaining liquid down his throat before it gets stolen by her but she snatches it away the last minute.

“I don’t see enjoyment in it, I mean all you do is paint paint paint, and maybe draw sometimes but you get it! Moreover- let go Lulu!” She pushes his hands away. “The salary isn’t great as well, you’re capable of- just a sip!” she pouts a little and quickly puts her strawberry taint lips onto the brim of the glass to take a sip.

“No!” Luhan snatches it away from her before the liquid touches her lips, “you already took a big gulp of it just now.”

“You knock my teeth with the glass!” She reaches over and tries to snatch the glass from him again.  “Stupid Chinese man, just give me one last sip, you should’ve known better than to have a meeting at a freaking pub- oh my god, Luhan this shirt cost me a bomb!” She shrieks as she watches the yellow liquid, slowly seeping through her white sheer blouse.

“Oops...” He muttered meekly and scratches his head lightly.

“Oops your head Xi Luhan, you’re so freaking dead.”

 


 

 

“Krys!”

The blonde haired man, holding onto a bouquet of fifteen roses and stands in front of a model agency building, as he waves his hand excitedly and he tries to get the attention of the tall lady strutting out of the door.

Krystal rolls her eyes and continues to walk, purposely ignoring his attempt to soothe her sulking heart.

“Krys Krys hey!” He runs to her and hands her the bouquet, while giving her a bright sunny smile. “I’m sorry, please don’t be mad at me anymore.” He pouts a little, which makes her heart squeeze.

She clears and takes the bouquet, sniffing it a little, “So are you still going for the audition?”

Taemin shakes his head slowly and looks down onto the floor with a slump on his shoulders, “I really don’t want to do the audition. I tried it so many times already. I mean there’s certainly a reason why I’m not succeeding.”

“Just cause you failed the audition a few freaking times doesn’t mean that you should give up,” she rolls her eyes again and shove the roses back into his hands. “I auditioned in my company for more that fifty times. And here I am, Krystal Jung, model for KMY Company. Tells you a lot, doesn’t it?” She walks away, her yellow heels clicking loudly against the pavement, a sure sign of her anger.

“Really, Krys! I’m not up to standard. Each time I fail, the enthusiasm in me dies a little. I don’t want this anymore.” He whines and trails behind her.

“Fall seven times, get back eight.” She mutters, loud enough so that the man behind her hears it.

“Krys please forgive me, I promise that I will get that Chanel bag you are eyeing at. “

Krystal scoffs and stuck out her hand to hail a cab.

Taemin signs, his bottom lips jutting out. “I’m tired Krys, it’s not like I don’t want to try. It’s different cause the passion to be an idol is almost gone.”

The woman crosses her arms a little and faces him, “Alright, I’ll forgive you this once. But for the next SM audition, you are so going. You just need more time to go get back your passion. “ She snatches the bouquet of roses back and gently touch the soft red petals. “Why fifteen?”

“It means that I am sorry!” He jumps excitedly and gave her a bear hug. “I love you!” He shouts.

Krystal laughs at his cheesiness and vibrant personality, “Oh, and you know, about the Chanel bag? I still want it.”

 


 

 

“He asked me out for lunch and we ate pasta. He ordered shrimp pasta and I ordered spaghetti bolognaise.” She takes a chip from the bag and puts the salty-flavored potato into .

“Did he pull the chair out for you? Like a gentleman?” The youngest squeals slightly and hugs the pink soft pillow.

Luna nods her head and proceeds to take another chip, but was interrupted by the other girl.  

“You seriously ate spaghetti on your first date?” She shakes her head and place her hands on her hips. “Spaghettis are one of the no-no food for dates. It’s messy and red- couldn’t you have ordered a sandwich or something?”

The light brown haired girl sighed and looks at the single chip guiltily, “You know that I’m a er for tomato-sauced stuff. When I saw the word bolognaise, I knew that it would all end up in my belly.” She places the chip in and chews on it slowly. “Anyway, lets not talk about me. What about your relationship troubles?”

“Oh,” Krystal reaches out to grab the bag of salty organic chips and snacks on it. “We’re fine now.”

“You guys are okay already?” Sulli immediately sits up and her brown orbs glisten in curiosity.

“Yeah, he waited for me outside my workplace, got me a bouquet of roses and pleaded me to forgive him. And I did, you know how cute Taemin can be.” She says with filled with chips and her eyes never leaving the screen in front of her.

“Aww, good for you. I’m glad that it’s all fine now.” Luna smiles and pats on her shoulders.

The fight did not last longer than they’d expected, they were all surprised that she had forgiven him so easily. But none of the two girls decided to pursue that matter, and left it to be. After all, the couple always fights.

“By the way, Ssul, Taemin mentioned that you’d encouraged him to be a dance teacher during both of your ‘movie date’. Is that true?” Krystal spoke out of the blue, startling the older one, who almost fell asleep.

“I didn’t really encourage him. It’s just that-"

“Don’t do that.” She interrupts her a little too coldly.

“Do what?”

“Don’t encourage him to be a freaking dancer. He’s going to be an idol. He’s set to be one.” There was a final tone in her voice.

Sulli huffs a little, “Well, he is my best friend and I know what is good for him. I don’t need you to tell me what he’s set to be.”

“I am his girlfriend.”

“That doesn’t mean anything, especially the way you treat him all the time.”

Krystal turns to glare at the younger one; her eyes are icy cold, throwing sharp daggers at her.

“Hey hey, yo, calm down. This is supposed to be a slumber party. Don’t fight.” Luna attempts to resolve the tense situation between her younger friends.

“I am calm, just that-" Sulli speaks up, defending herself but is rudely interrupted by the other.

“How can I be calm when my best friend is clinging onto my boyfriend like a freaking leech?”

 


 

(a/n) My exams are coming so I won't be able to update frequently!

Hope that you enjoyed this chapter, don't feel shy to comment, I WON'T BITE! <3