Chapter 4

Romance for Dummies

Chapter four

 

Yoona giggles incoherently at his lame attempts to lighten up the awkward tension. He was indeed as awkward as a duck, lamb, goose and all the awkward farm animals put together.

Kai takes a glance at the laughing figure in front of him and sighs. Running a hand through his black messy hair, he confesses, “I’m not doing this right.”

Yoona shakes her head immediately, her long brown locks ruffle at the immediate action, “It’s alright. You’re awkward but cute.” She then proceeds to take a sip of her cold cup of green tea macchiato.

The latter bites his red lips and looks at his black coffee, as if interested in the black endless pool.

Yoona clears , and thought that it is time for her to take over the situation right now. “I don’t like bitter stuff.” She scrunches her small pink nose and stares right at his cup.

Kai smiles, “A lot of people don’t,” he rubs his hands together, “but I like it. It jolts me right up when I’m feeling sleepy, and I am grateful for it.”

The figure opposite him gasps loudly and dramatically, putting her palms on her chests, “Are you trying to imply that I am boring?”

Kai realizes his mistake, and immediately shook his head, his black bangs swinging swiftly, “No, I don’t mean that. What I meant was that-“

“It’s okay,” she laughs and swats his explanation off, “I know what you actually meant, and my melodramatic scene was unnecessary. I am sure that you don’t find me boring, right? After all, this is the second time we are meeting up for coffee.”

A blush creeps into his cheeks, and he inwardly face palms for embarrassing himself yet again. He is awkward, especially in front of a goddess-like figure and it that he can’t do anything about it.

Yoona gives him a grin, and stares at his handsome and flawless feature. Although she has seen countless of beautiful, breath-taking features before, this one face somehow can’t seem get out of her mind.

She knows, even before meeting Kai, that this rising star Kim Jongin was already handsome, and that she takes a slight interest in every single hot guy, but somehow, when she met Kai, the feeling was different.

She wants to know him, she wants to befriend with him, and if possible, maybe more than that.

Honestly, Yoona has never been in a relationship before, or at least not a serious one. Most of the time, it was the guy who was head over heels over her, and that the other gender was the one that initiates his liking over her.

And somehow, Yoona finds it very hard to admit that her interest towards this certain not-so-fair-skin guy is a tad bit too strong, and a tad bit too weird, and a tad bit too foreign.

Is this love?

 


 

 

“I’m not leeching on you. Am I leeching on you?” She huffs at her uninterested best friend, playing his freaking PSP in front of her.

“Lee Taemin! Are you listening to me!” She nudges at him, because it is unlady-like to kick or hurt him in anyway, according to her policy.

“I am, I am!” He blurts, eyes however, never leaving the screen.

Sulli blinks once, twice, before turning her back towards him and stares at the television glumly.

She ran all the way to his house, after getting brutally lashed by her ex-best friend, and it was ironic because Taemin was the reason why they fight anyway.

Taemin notices her foul mood, and decides to leave the second match in the game for later on, and appease the figure beside him.

“Don’t take her seriously, you know that Krys is like that!” He pats his best friend, trying to gain back her attention.

“Are you talking to me, or your game?” She continues to stare at the screen, despite that fact that she has the urge to wail and whine at him.

“You,” he pouts slightly at her rebuke. Sulli isn’t a person to talk back; in fact, she is an angel, totally different from Krystal. Not that Krystal is a devil or some sort, but just that, Krystal has a different kind of charm. The kind that he fell so deeply into.

 “Krystal is mean,” she turns to face him; her slight irritation previously was appeased. “I mean, I know you even before she knows you, how can she compare? Why is she being such a-“ she cuts herself off, as she tries to think of a suitable word, without violating her policy of being a woman of distinction. Because, even snob and brat sounds harsh.

Taemin understands, the countless of times they fight with each other because of his girlfriend’s harsh words, and even himself was a victim from them. “I apologize, on the behalf-“

“I don’t want you apology. Stop apologizing for her.” She interrupts; as she crosses her hands and shook her head. “You need to stop cleaning her mess up for her. This is why ‘Stal never learn. She needs to know how hurtful and impactful her wise words can get.”

Taemin just looks at her silently; his pink lips purse slightly at her words, and part of him was itching to play his PSP, as he steals secretive glances at it.

“Why do you always clean up her mess? Instead of apologizing, how about telling her how awful her words sounded?” She suggests, it came out harsher than intended.

“She’s my girlfriend Suls, I’ll stick by her no matter what happens.” He replies to her query curtly.

Although the words were never meant to hurt anyone, and that it was lace with pure innocence, instead of offense, it broke the heart of the figure beside him.

The sound of her fragile heart crashes, like the waves when it reaches the shore; it amplifies ten thousand folds, almost deafening her eardrums. However, she only felt such agony solely, and that she can never understand how 10 years of friendship can be so easily snub out.

 


 

Luna makes no attempt to hide her delight when she finds a note, on top of the black folder that states in a cursive handwriting, “Lunch later?” She knows who the sender was; she memorized his handwriting, his cell phone number, his English, Chinese, Latin, French and all sorts of translation for his name. She is a hopeless romantic, despite the fact that part of her was disgusted by how she flings herself towards him.

It strikes her as well, on how love can be so attracting, it strikes her so hard till she ran down to the nearest bookstore, to get a book in which Krystal recommends. It’s a book called, “Romance for Dummies” and although she argues that she isn’t a dummy, but she has to accept the fact that on a topic ‘Romance,’ she is as hopeless and as dumb. She has never been in a relationship before, and she only witness ‘love’ through her best friends, novels, movies and dramas.

It is her first time in making such speedy progress, and even though she is nervous, her heart seems to quiver in excitement.

 

Love, is something that she can’t quite figure out, is a puzzle she can’t quite fix, is a phenomenon she can’t quite explain, but despite all of that mystery, it was something that she would like to go all out and fall.

 


(A/n) Gaahhh I'm back!

I am somewhat not satisfied with the update, I feel that the quality isn't there and that it's too short. Sorry D:

But I was so so so eager to give you guys an update because I feel really really bad for the long wait, due to exams.

Don't worry! Cause exams are over and I'm back full-force muhahahhaaaaa.

Hope that you guys enjoyed the update although I hated it!  <3

 

Also, just for your information, this story now has a beta-reader!

Introducing, KARAHARITH and her beautiful english!