Chapter 5

Find the running man balls!

                 Joongki walked out onto the stage, unaware of the brawl that happened just outside of the theater.  He saw Doojoon’s phone, abandoned on the stage.  Stooping down the pick it up, it rang, startling him.

                ‘Oh, beautiful my girl, oh oh girl, oh oh girl, shigan-i jinado, nuguboda naega deo deo deo, neoreul akkyeojulge  my girl, modu da julge neo!’

                He picked up, answering cautiously.  A loud, but cute voice shouted at him.        

                “Hyung!  Are you having fun on running man?!?!  We’re so bored at home, bring us some chicken or something!” 

                “Who are you?  This is Joongki.”  Joongki asked, somewhat recognizing the voice.

                The phone went silent for a while, and then he heard some faint conversation.

                “Joongki Hyung?”

                “YAH!  BABO!  You just told him that Doojoon hyung was on running man!”

                Silence again.

                “OH WHO’S THE BABO NOW?!”

                Joongki heard a light slap.

                “OW!  What was that for Yoseob?!”

                “You just told him!  I didn’t say Doojoon!”

                “Ohh…”

                “Wow Junhyung…” Another voice said.

                “Be quiet Hyunseung!”

                “Wait, he might not have heard, is the phone still on?”

                Joongki laughed, talking.

                “Thanks you guys, bye!”

                Silence.

                “JUNHYUNG WHY DID YOU LEAVE THE PHONE ON?!”

                “What?!  You were the one holding the phone!”

                Joongki pressed the ‘end call’ button, and pocketed Doojoon’s phone, keeping it just in case he would need it.  Then heading backstage, he bumped into a small figure.

                It was Seungyeon.  She fell backwards, landing on her bottom.  Joongki gave a hand out to her, apologizing.

                “Sorry, I didn’t see you there.”

                Seungyeon took his hand, and he helped her up.  Then they both froze, looking at the wristband that was around Seungyeon’s wrist.  She looked up at him, and then mentally scolded herself.

                Stupid!  Now what do I do?

                Joongki started to gently pull the wristband off of her wrist.

                “Let’s just do this the easy way.  Huh?”

                It was almost off her wrist when Seungyeon made her move.  Silently thanking her dad for signing her up for self-defense classes when she was little, she quickly twisted his wrist, causing him to turn around, his back facing her.  Joongki smiled.

                “I took self-defense too.”

                He gently but firmly twisted her grasp, spinning around to face her again.  He placed a hand on her wristband, and Seungyeon pushed forwards, sliding it back on her wrist.  He now grasped both of her wrists, and so she stuck her foot out, wanting to trip him backwards.  He did just so, except that he happened to pull her down with him.

                “Oof.”

                He groaned a little as she landed on him.  Seungyeon quickly rolled away, standing up and starting to run for the stairs.  Seeing her escape, Joongki he quickly swiped his foot under her legs.  She fell, and he crawled on top of her, both of his hands on either side of her head.  Looking down at her, he smiled charmingly.

                “I got you.”

                “Oh, no you don’t.”  Another voice said.  Joongki got pulled off her and she got up to see Minwoo holding both of Joongki’s hands behind his back.

                “Min-“  She started, and Minwoo glared at her, as if daring her to finish the word. “-nie Mouse!”  She finished and both men laughed at her clumsy save.

                “Yah!  If I’m Minnie Mouse then you’re Mickey Mouse!”  Minwoo shouted, having a little trouble keeping Joongki in his grasp.

                “If you’re Mickey and you’re Minnie, then who am I?”  Asked Joongki, trying to twist away.  Seungyeon thought for a bit, ignoring the struggle between the two men in front of her.   After a few seconds, it popped up into her head.

                “Pluto!” 

                Joongki pouted.  “Why am I the dog?”

`               The theater door opened, and Kwangsu walked in.  Then realizing what was happening, he started running down to the stage.

                “Joongki-yah!  Are those the guests?”

                “Mickey!  Run for the elevator!”  Minwoo shouted.  Seungyeon did as he said, keeping the door open for Minwoo to follow.  Minwoo, waiting until Kwangsu stepped onto the stage, pushed Joongki at the taller man, and then started to run for the elevator.

                Kwangsu quickly caught Joongki, helping him up.  They both ran for the elevator, seeing it slowly close in front of them.  Being a glass elevator, Minwoo and Seungyeon watched as they ran into the closed doors, faces pushed up against the glass.

                “Hmm…  He reminds me of something.”  Seungyeon thought, her chin resting on her fingers in a thinker’s pose.  Minwoo looked at her curiously, catching his breath as he leaned on the side of the elevator railing. 

                “Oh! Oh!”  Seungyeon exclaimed, pointing at Kwangsu.  “He can be Goofy!”

 

^^