Someone Called Joohyun

Unbroken String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  c  h  a  p  t  e  r    s  i  x someone called joohyun - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

 

Seohyun was staring blankly through the glass door of her 25th floor condominium as the rain drops falling from the dark sky. She sat on the cold marble floor and leaned her head on the glass door. She hugged herself feeling so cold because her white night gown didn't protect all her skin well. And when her mind traveled back to  the last time she was with Yong Hwa made her felt so giddy even more.

"What's wrong with you Yong Oppa? " She murmured. She thought all the weird questions, all the weird talk of him and the pain on his head that even him fainted. She sighed and felt really curious with his condition.

A soft sound of bell from the front door broke all her thoughts. She stood up and made herself more presentable. She grabbed her purse on the couch and walked to the front door to open the door. 

"Good evening Agasshi.. I'm Mr Jung chauffeur, I'm here to pick you up." Said an old man with a respectful bow to her. She knew who was on the front door, it must be Yong Hwa's chauffeur who will pick her up to a private dinner with Jung Dae Ho.

"I know." She replied shortly. The chauffeur then pleased Seohyun to follow him to the car.

The luxury car that Yong Hwa prepared for her drove across the raining night of Seoul. The traffic on this Saturday night quite fair, they didn't meet any traffic jam along the way to one of the fanciest restaurant at the town.

Seohyun looked to the road outside her window and sighed heavily when her mind was being occupied with Yong Hwa again.

 

"Y.. Yong Hwa.. Oppa.. Wake up! Answer me!" Seohyun called the fainted man on her embrace over and over. She was so worry about him being suddenly in pain until he fainted.

"Wake up Oppa!! Don't joke around like this!!" She said and almost cried. She was so panicked with the situation and couldn't think clearly. She didn't know what to do so she just tried to wake the fainted Yong Hwa by  calling him over and over.

After a few minutes, Yong Hwa at last gave her a response. He woke up and slowly released his arms which still on Seohyun.

"Are you okay? Is it still hurt?" Seohyun asked worriedly and touched his pale face with a drop of sweat slide on his right forehead.

"I'm okay..." Yong Hwa's voice sounded so weak but he still tried to smile.

"Should we go to the hospital?" Seohyun asked.

"No, I'm use to be like this. I just need to rest for a while." Yong Hwa leaned on his seat and laid it down. He rested his arm on his face.

"Please wait for a while.. I still can take you home." He sighed for a few times. Seemed like the pain hadn't  gone completely. Seohyun just could watch him ease his pain by himself.

"I'm sorry if I freaked you out... And I'm sorry if I said some random words." He said still closed his face with his arms.

"What's wrong with you?" Seohyun asked still with her worry tone. Yong Hwa put his arm down, he opened his eyes but his stare was like travelling out of his body. He collected all the flashbacks he just got then he took a deep breath.

"I just... suddenly remember someone called Joohyun."

 

Seohyun clutched her purse and hugged it tightly as her curiosity slowly crept in her heart.

'Is he referring another Joohyun?' She asked her mind. Just if his wife didn't call him right away, Seohyun would not back off and would ask him more.

The chauffeur opened the door for her as they already arrived to their destination. She stepped out the car then walked to the restaurant.

"Good evening.. Ms Seo Joo Hyun?" An old sturdy man welcomed her as she came in to the restaurant. Seohyun nodded and smiled to the man.

"Please follow me, Mr. Jung already wait for you on the VIP area." He said then pleased Seohyun to follow him to the VIP area. He opened the door to one of the private room at the restaurant and revealed Jung Dae Ho already inside and talked on his phone. The owner of Jung company realized his guest already came in.

"Okay... I will call you again later." He said and ended up the call.

"Anyeong Haseyo abbeonim." Seohyun bowed to Yong Hwa's father who she really respect.

"Anyeong haseyo Joohyun-ah... Or should I say now Seohyun-ah?" He laughed a little to mention her new name as a model. She followed the laugh. The old man then pleased Seohyun to sit.

"How are you doing Seohyun-ah?" Dae Ho asked and had the exact same warm smile with his son.

"I'm fine Abbeonim.. How about you? I hope you are doing well, too."

"Yes.. I'm doing well just a few problems here and there, but it all still manageable." He explained then the restaurant waiter came and put the appetizer on the table.

"Ah.. Actually, I already order all your favorite foods, I hope you don't mind."

Seohyun glanced to the steamy bowl in front of her and found it was an asparagus soup, which was one of her favorite food. She shifted her gaze again to the old man.

"Of course I don't mind, abbeonim." She smiled and her heart fluttered to know that Yong Hwa's father still remember what her favorite food was.

 

*  *  *

 

"Do you know someone called Joohyun?"

Jonghyun widened his eyes. His heart was beating irregularly to hear that name suddenly came from the one he least expected would say it again.

"Why you suddenly asked this Yong Hwa-yah?" He tried to control his tone to the calmest one. Fortunately, he didn't have to control his tensed expression. Yong Hwa from the other line of the call won't see him. Yong Hwa got in to his car and leaned his exhausted body to the backseat of his car. Then, his chaeffeur slowly drove the car away from his office building.

"It's just... when I wanted to drive Seohyun home, memories of someone called Joohyun was flashing in my head." Yong Hwa explained. Since that day, Yong Hwa tried hard to remember the woman called Joohyun that seemed so important for him but, all his efforts was in vain. Yong Hwa couldn't remember anything about her, he only could remember her trembled voice on the phone.

Jonghyun's heart skipped a beat to know Yong Hwa still meeting Seohyun and it triggered his old memories back.

"What are you doing again with her Yong Hwa-yah!?" Jonghyun yelled from the other line. Yong Hwa put the phone away to hear his friend's shout.

"What's wrong with you Jong Hyun-ah?"

"I already told you to stay away from her, didn't I?"

Yong Hwa clicked his tongue to know Jonghyun still didn't like about his interaction with Seohyun. He loosened his tie a bit and ed his first shirt button.

"Why I should stay away from her? "

"I told you..."

"No! Don't use your lame excuse that saying she's a gold digger! She's rich and she doesn't look like those gold digger girls, I can see it!" Yong Hwa cut Jonghyun's words furiously. He definitely felt so displease with Jonghyun choice of tone. He was so tired after the unexpected problems in his office that needed him to come in saturday and now he definitely didn't like to be scolded without any clear reason.

"Tell me what the real reason is so I can understand!" The furious man gritted his teeth.

"Yong Hwa-yah... Please listen to me. This is for your own good." Jonghyun felt this conversation not so comfortable anymore.

"Is it because I hurt her in the past?" Yong Hwa cut his friends words again. Jonghyun's heart felt sunk to hear the unexpected question or actually look lika a statement. "Her eyes full of hatred to me... What did I do to make her hate me that much?"

The nervous man shut his eyes close and took a long deep breath. His heart was rumble to realize that Yong Hwa slowly unveiled his past becausr of Seohyun. Jonghyun ruffled his hair and slumped himself to the couch in his house.

"No... You didn't do anything that make her hurt." It was not a lie for Jonghyun because, he was sure Seohyun was the one who make everything complicated. He could hear a mocking chuckle from Yong Hwa. He sighed again to know his best friend didn't believe him at all.

"It was my father who told me to ask her to have a dinner with him." Yong Hwa decided to not ask any further because he thought it will be useless.

"Your father asked her for a dinner?" Jonghyun now seemed so shock. "Why Dae Ho samchon want to have a dinner with her?"

"I don't know... you tell me. You all guys know everything when I'm just like an idiot here without knowing anything!" Yong Hwa raised his voice again. Jonghyun taken a back with his friend's fury.

"I'm sorry... Yong Hwa-yah" Jonghyun sighed heavily. "I told you to stay away from Seohyun actually because of your wife. You must think about Min Young feeling. If she find out you were meeting her model behind her back, she must be so sad."

"Why you put so much attention to my wife? Moreover Seohyun is a friend of mine, a friend of us maybe even before we met Min Young!" Yong Hwa was still talking with a hint of angry tone. He rubbed his forehead and looked outside his car window which washed by the rain this night.

"No, Yong Hwa..."

"Just cut it out Jonghyun-ah. Don't say another lie or another unreasonable things. I know you can't tell me because, you want to keep  it all as a SECRET." Yong Hwa gave the emphasize on the last word. He was never complaining when he found out her mother and Min Young looked like hiding something. But, for his best friend tried to hide something too from him, disappoints him so much. 'I'm sorry, I feel so tired tonight. I'll hang up the call." Yong Hwa then hung up the phone and threw it away on his car seat beside him abruptly.

"Why is everyone hides everything from me!!?" He shouted furiously and held his head which full of anger.

 

*  *  *

 

"I won't hide anything again Seohyun-ah." Dae Ho suddenly said. Seohyun stopped digging her spoon on her favorite goguma ice cream dessert and looked to the old man.

"Excuse me, abbeonim?" She asked a little bit confuse. The whole conversation with the Jung Company owner this night always a light and happy one but, why suddenly he blurted out something that seemed so serious.

"I won't hide my true intention to invite you in this dinner Seohyun-ah."

"Please feel free to tell me anything." Seohyun tried to smile even though her heart felt uneasy. Dae Ho sighed, wiped his mouth and put aside his unfinished dessert.

"I assume, you already knew about Yong Hwa's marriage, right?" The old man asked cautiously. His question made Seohyun's heart skipped a beat.

"Yes, I know, abbeonim." She replied and clenched the ice cream spoon. Dae Ho didn't fail to notice the bitterness from her.

"I didn't know what happen between you two. I don't want to judge anything but, to be honest I feel so disappointed to not have you as my daughter in law."

Seohyun drowned her head down not even dare to look up to the old man or even say anything. She just realized, Jung Dae Ho must be had the information about her just like what Jonghyun had. If Jonghyun so mad with her, Jung Dae Ho  might be as mad as Jonghyun.

"I know, now you work for Yong Hwa's wife. That surprised me a lot." He continued.

"I'm sorry abbeonim... I really didn't know that director Park is Yong Hwa's wife. If I knew, I.. I will never accept the offer." Seohyun said nervously.

"No, my child... I'm not saying you can't work with her. I know you are smart woman who will keep work professionally with Min Young." Dae Ho said wisely and curved a little smile.

"But..." He took a deep breath then looked straightly to the woman in front of him. "As much as I love you like my own daughter, I love my daughter in law, Min Young too."

 Seohyun inhaled, feeling so ache to hear Dae Ho statement. Up until now, she believed that she was still his favorite daughter. She forgot that Jung Dae Ho already had Min Young, his real daughter in law.

"Please keep your past relationship with Yong Hwa as a secret from her," there was a pause from Dae Ho. He tightened his grip before he continued. "I don't mean to tell you to stay away from Yong Hwa but, please don't bring the topic to him too if you meet him someday." Dae Ho fixed his seat and leaned his body forward. "Min Young has lost so many important person in her life, it would break her more if she lose Yong Hwa too. So, please.. keep work proffesionally with Min Young."

Seohyun's heart felt being throbbed. She was so happy to know the old man he always respect invited her for a dinner after her come back to Korea. She thought this old man missed her and their conversation they used to have. But, to know the true intention was about to protect his son's wife, made Seohyun almost cried to feel the new wound in her heart. She clenched her shaking hand under the table before she pursed a fake smile.

"I understand, abbeonim. Please do not feel worry." She said calmly and tried hard to control her tone to not sounded hoarsed.

"I'm sorry, Seohyun-ah." Dae Ho could see the disappointment on her face. He actually didn't mean to make her sad or disappointed. But, there will be a big problem if Yong Hwa find out his past with her so, he must prevent it. Seohyun shrugged all her pains before she able to speak.

"No abbeonim please don't appologize, I truly understand. I will keep work proffesionally and won't mention any single thing about me and Yong Hwa to both of them." She now could control her tone and her expression. An assuring smile from her made Dae Ho exhaled in relieve.

"Thank you so much Seohyun-ah."

Seohyun nodded to the old man then she went back to dig her spoon on the goguma ice cream which now tasted not so sweet anymore for her.

 

 

Jonghyun was still staring at his phone after Yong Hwa cut the line so suddenly without even gave him a chance to explain more. Yong Hwa's anger was still ringing in his head. He felt so sorry towards his friend who already like a brother for him.

"You better not know the fact Yong Hwa-yah. You better not know it at all." He murmured.

 

Seoul, 2010

 

Jonghyun was running hurriedly on the hospital hall. His breath panted hard, his gaze wildly searched for the room that the receptionist gave him. Some nurse warned him to not run but, he didn't care. What he cared was the news he got when he was on a meeting at Busan.

His best friend got into an accident this morning.

Intensive care unit. His feeling rumbled when the receptionist gave him that room to show where Yong Hwa was. When he arrived at the intensive care unit, there were only a few Jung family guards waiting for their young master.

"Is Yong Hwa alright? Where is he??" Jonghyun asked worriedly.

"Mr Lee." Mr Choi, the head of Jung family guard got up from the chair. Being impatient, Jonghyun walked fast to him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter