The Puzzle Pieces Part 2

Unbroken String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  c  h  a  p  t  e  r    t  e  n The Puzzle Pieces Part 2 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

White, bright and soundless.

 

Seohyun blinked her eyes a few times after she awakened from her long lost conscious. She closed her eyes again for a while to adjust her view to the brightness. She groaned lightly when her nose breathed the scent that she hated the most, the scent of the place where she lost the most important person in her life. She always hated the scent of the hospital.

While closing her eyes, she tried to gather the memories and the scenes to answer the question why she ended up there. Her eyes were shot open almost immediately upon remembering all the scattered puzzle pieces.

The mountain hiking, the unexpected meeting and... The falling.

Seohyun's heart skipped a beat when she remembered she wasn't alone when she was falling. It was because of her, she fell from the hill and dragged Yong Hwa along with her. She recalled the scene that he was there to help her when all of her body felt so hurt and her conscious only left a half. She still remembered that he was wounded too with bloods were painting his head and the side of his face.

Of all the scenes that she slowly remembered, she held her breath with the last one played in her mind. The scenes where she heard Yong Hwa groaned painfully and after that, she could feel that both of them, once again, falling.

Seohyun frantically roamed her eyes on the room to find the glimpse of Jung Yong Hwa. But what she found was only the hollow emptiness. She was all alone in the room.

She tried hard to move her sore body and sat on the bed before a woman in a white outfit came to her.

"Miss, you should rest a bit." She said while holding Seohyun's shoulder to stop her from getting off the bed. Seohyun looked up to the woman that she believed must be the nurse. Her hair was deep brown and fell loose right above her shoulder.

"No, I want to find him." Seohyun said weakly and tried to push away the nurse's hands from her shoulder. The nurse didn't budge and kept holding Seohyun to stay on the bed. Feeling irritated,the latter then glared angrily at her.

"Let me go! I want to find him!" Seohyun raised her voice. 

"Who do you want to find, miss?"

"I want to find him!!" The worried woman shook the nurse's shoulder vigorously. “Where is Yong Hwa?" She continued. Her heart beat faster when the short haired woman furrowed her eyebrows.

"Tell me where is he!!?" Seohyun shouted to her lungs. She winced because a sharp pain stung sharply in her wound. She breathed in and out for a few times to calm down the pain. Her mind started being attacked by the bad thoughts for Yong Hwa.

"Please just lay down first, miss. Let the doctor check on you first because you are..."

"No!" Seohyun barked and pushed the nurse with all her might. The nurse did lose from her and being pushed away. Seohyun used the chance to get off from the bed stubbornly even though she could feel her body was so weak.

The nurse pressed the emergency call button to ask for a help before she got back to hold Seohyun. The latter with her weak body almost made it to get off from the bed

"Miss please don't.."

"Go away!"

"You have to stay first before the doctor check on you."

"No! I want to find him!" Seohyun said stubbornly while trying to let herself go from the nurse. A few minutes later more nurse and doctor came to the room and tried to calm Seohyun but their appearence only made Seohyun struggling more. Her IV needle got pulled out because of the struggling and blood from her wound started to smear on her hospital pyjama.

"I want to find Yong Hwa! I want to make sure that he's okay!" Seohyun yelled and cried between her struggle as fear filled her mind. She was afraid, she was scared that something bad happened to him.

"Tell me where is he!!?"

"No!!"

"Tell me Yong Hwa is okay! Tell me Yong Hwa is not die!!"

Seohyun yelled, shouted and cried desperately. She became more uncontrolled when no one in that room answered her.

Suddenly, an embrace replaced all the struggle between her, the doctor and the nurses. She startled her as her brain registered well the gestures and the assuring feeling from the owner.

"I'm here, Joohyun. I'm okay." Someone whispered to her while her back gently. Seohyun stopped the struggling and looked up to him who she recognized his voice. She almost cried again when she at last saw Yong Hwa. He was wearing the same hospital pyjama like her and his head was covered by bandage.

"Don't cry anymore.. I'm here." He said softly and made Seohyun pull him again into an embrace and cried on his chest.                         

"Ssshh... sshhh... it's okay... everything is okay." The soothing voice was whispering near her ear, erasing all her fears. Her hair being so gently by his hand and the warm embrace around her body tightened even more as if he also needed her to erase his own insecurity.

Her heart and her mind still could remember the terrible fear she felt when she woke up without him who fell freely from the cliff with her. It feared her by the thought of him being die because of her. It feared her by the thought she lost the part of her heart.

The tears streamed down involuntarily from her eyes, accompanying her indescribable feeling. Deep in her heart, she realized how precious he was for her. She hated him for leaving her but the love she had was much greater than her hatred. Seeing him die was the last thing she wanted to see in this world.

She cried and cried in his embrace, hugging him back so tight and laid all her weaknesses under his warm protection.

That day, Seohyun didn't care anymore when the pathetic side of hers came up helplessly in front of Jung Yong Hwa.

 

 

"Are you okay now?" He spoke softly near her ear while her hair with the gentlest move she ever felt. She replied him by nodding her head weakly.

Slowly, Seohyun could feel he was letting go his embrace.

"Let's fix yourself, okay. Your wound is opening up again." His warm eyes and his gentle gestures while wiping her tears made Seohyun only able to obey his words. Once again, she nodded weakly for her reply as she still couldn't find her voice.

Yong Hwa flashed a relieve smile to see her already calmer. He straightened his back then gave a sign to the doctor and nurses that were in the room before to help Seohyun.

"Can you wait outside for a while, sir?" The doctor asked.

Yong Hwa glanced to Seohyun with the nurses who already took care of her. He found that even though she was calm, her eyes were still stormy .

Yong Hwa leaned his body again to her and caressed her hair that made her startled and looked up to meet his eyes.

"I will be outside for a while. I will come as soon as everything here done." He said as if he knew the unspoken words of hers.

Seohyun was looking back to Yong Hwa's eyes. Her teary eyes almost drop another tear as those eyes of him, those stare of him, those warmness of him were the same like it used to be, two years ago.

Seohyun only could nodded in understanding while still staring at his eyes, praying in her heart that she wasn't dreaming to see the Jung Yong Hwa she once knew.

A warm smile curved on his lips before he straightened his back and walked out of the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Stupid Joohyun." Seohyun cursed herself silently when once again the scenes where she let her guard down in front of Yong Hwa replaying in her mind. She felt so stupid to let Yong Hwa once again knew that she was fragile about him. But, that time she couldn't help it to feel down. The fear was real, the worry was real and the relieve to see him alright was real because until now, Jung Yong Hwa still the man that owned her heart.

She closed her eyes and sighed heavily while once again cursing herself.

"You should take care of yourself more, miss." A nurse in her late 40s suddenly said. The doctor had finished wrapping up her wound again and the nurse was remain to take a note of her status.

Seohyun snapped her mind back and looked up to nurse rather confuse since the tone that she was wearing given a hint of scolding.

"You don't want to waste mr Jung's sacrifice for you, do you?"

Seohyun closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I know, he saved me."

"Not just save you. He almost kill himself because he gave you his blood even though he severed the same bad wound."

Seohyun held her breath.

"Mr Jung almost hit the doctor that announced he couldn't save you just because we are out of your rare blood stock." The nurse lifted her eyes to meet the frowned woman on the bed.

"Just if someone didn't tell him your blood type, the situation might get worse."

With their gaze that still met, Seohyun knitted her brows.

"Wait.. He should already know that we have the same blood type."

The nurse smiled and turned her gaze back to the note on her hand.

"If he already knew it, he wouldn't made the scene."

Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows by the weird fact in the nurse's words. Her mind wondered why Yong Hwa acted like he didn't know that they had a same blood type. They used to have a regular blood donor when they were still together. She was the one who insisted him to donor their blood regularly since they had a rare one.

"Why everything about him weird?" Seohyun murmured silently still in her confusion.

"Have a good rest ms Seo." The nurse bowed as she finished her duty. Seohyun looked up to the nurse that already turned her body.

"Wait nurse!"

The older woman halted her step and turned back to her.

"Do you know where is mr Jung now?" Seohyun asked hesitatedly. The nurse turned her body back.

"He is meeting doctor Kwon to get the medicine for his trauma."

Seohyun widened her eyes. "He get trauma because of the accident?"

"No, it is not a trauma because of the recent accident. He said it is the trauma from his accident two years ago."

 

 

*   *   *

 

 

Yong Hwa was staring blankly at the glass of water and a piece of medicine on his hand. An hour had gone yet, it remain untouched. It was only the soft hiss from the warmer that filling his room for the hour of his silent.

He took a deep breath and let it out heavily. It was already for the countless time for him that day. He closed his eyes in hope that his mind would at ease a little. Unfortunately, it didn't work at all because everytime he closed his eyes many images surged through his head.

The day after he fell from the cliff, every time he closed his eyes sometimes random flashes of his past memory came.  Sometimes about his family occasion, sometimes party with Jonghyun and his old friends in college, sometimes about he and his late mother arguing about something but most of it, it was about Seo Joohyun, a puzzle piece of his mystery past, the unknown lover who now burnt with a fire of hatred towards him.

It was always the smiling Seohyun. It was always their sweet kisses. It was always about their date that he always set up perfectly. It was always about her who once had the eyes that full of love to him.

He couldn't think why everyone never mentioned about Seo Joo Hyun. He couldn't think what stupid thing that he had done and made her only define hate for him. He couldn't think why he ever let her go from his life.

 

But, one thing for sure... The love for her, he still could feel it in his heart

 

He groaned lightly and hung his head down when another pain came, along with flashes of images into his memory again.

At first he was feeling excited to know that his memory getting so much progress but he couldn't stand the pain, so he went to the doctor who handled him and Seohyun in hope that he could get the medicine he usually got from his family personal doctor.

Yonghwa opened his eyes again. His breath was hard as the pain still lingered in his head. He pressed his lips and tightened his grip on the glass when anger fuming all of his heart again to remember the conversation he had with doctor Kwon.

"Why they all went this far!?" He shouted angrily and smashed the glass onto the wood table in front of him.

 

 

"I will be honest Mr Jung, I think your prescription is a l ittle bit weird."

Yong Hwa lifted his head up straight and creased his brows.

"What do you mean doctor?"

The old doctor sighed and fixed his glasses first before gazing at Yong Hwa with a serious gaze.

 "It is not dangerous but with the combination of the medicine you told me, I believe the side effect is slowing you down to gain your memory back. Are you sure this is the right prescription that your personal doctor gave you?"

Yong Hwa frowned for a while before letting out a mocking small laugh.

"Yes.. Of course I still remember it well all the medicine he gave to me for these couple years."

He tightened his fist on his laps until it went pale. He could feel his heart thumped faster with anger as its fuel.

"Okay, I will give the prescription to you since I already told the side effect." Doctor Kwon scribbled on the paper in front of him before handed It to the younger.

"Be at ease, your memory can comeback in any way, Mr Jung."

He nodded while taking the prescription. 

"Thank you so much for your information Dr Kwon."

 

 

He shouted angrily again. His heart feeling so exhausted to find more and more lies behind his back. He felt that he was so alone and couldn't trust anyone. These lies had consuming all his sanity and he felt tired of it.

Blood was dripping from his hand, falling freely to the floor but he couldn't care less.

"Oh my God!"

A familiar voice made his ear perked up. Yong Hwa could hear the hurry steps came to him. She held his bleeding hand and mumured more of her shockness.

"What happen?"

Yong Hwa lifted his gaze to the kneeling woman in front of him and met her worry eyes.

"I will call the nurse to take care of this." She got up and ran hurriedly out of the room before Yong Hwa able to say a thing.

 

 

"My God mr Jung.. What exactly are you doing?" The same nurse who scolded Seohyun before now scolded Yong Hwa as well while taking out a piece of glass that stucked on his hand.

"The wound on your head haven't recover yet and now you create a new one?"

He didn't answer the nurse's rant and only looked away. Seohyun who was standing a little far behind the nurse could see that he was so piss right now and the scold getting him worse. She was wondering what could make him turned from the warm him this afternoon to the emotional him this evening.

The nurse rant didn’t stop at all even after more than ten minutes. Seohyun turned her gaze to Yonghwa who took a secret sigh and closed his eyes. She knew that he was in the verge of his patience and so ready to blow again at anytime if the nurse didn’t stop the talk.

"Excuse me nurse." Suddenly Seohyun stepped forward. "Let me take care of him."

The nurse looked to her back and raised one of her eyebrow.

"I learned some first aid lesson so let me take care of him."

"Are you sure you can do this?"

Seohyun n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter