The Home Coming

Unbroken String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

c  h  a  p  t  e  r    t  w  o the homecoming - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -      

A tall woman with wavy brown hair walked briskly to the door out of the airport. Her gucci shade hide her tired eyes. Hours in plane from USA to Korea and she couldn't shut her eyes closed even for a light sleep. Nervous, was the best word to describe her feeling. Not just because her home coming to her country in a different person now but, also because of 'him'

She chuckled to hear her own thought. It was like one in million chance for their path to be crossed again. There are many people on Korea and her is a quite famous model from USA while him is a businessman. The chance for them to meet would be small. So, why she has to be worried?

"Unnie.. There will be so many reporters at the front gate, would you like to use another gate?" A smaller young girl talked to the model. The model then stopped her step. She sighed, she never expect that her role as the new face of Mademoiselle Cosmetics on Korea would make her so famous on her country. People admired her natural beauty that shown genuine Korean beauty.

"Let's use another gate Jun Hee, I don't feel like a want to talk now." She said to her asisstant.

"Arrasso Seohyun unnie." Jun Hee, the asisstant nodded then lead the way to another gate to get out from the airport.

The van already wait for them. It was a van that hired by the Mademoiselle Cosmetics. She leaned back to the seat and let a heavy sighed out. She looked to the window, try to adapt the country that she had to leave, forcefully two years ago.

A sudden sound from her cellphone woke her up from her sorrow mind. It was Max Shim

"Yes, Max?" She talked on English.

"Why don't you call me that you already arrived? Are you forgetting me already?" He whinned in Korean.

"Oppa!" She said in surprise to hear him whinned and unconsciously blurted out on Korean.

"Hahaha got ya! I like it when you call me oppa," He laughed so hard in the other line. " You wouldn't resist when I do some aegyo on you."

Seohyun rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Chang Min Oppa," She said and called his korean name. "I'm so tired and having jet lag." She continued.

"Are you nervous Seohyun-ah?" He asked now with a determine tone. He knew how she must be so nervous to go back to Korea after she had to leave it forcefully and of course her deep nervous would be because of that guy! That bastard guy!

"A little oppa." She took a deep breath and let out a heavy sigh, hoping it will lessen the burden on her heart.

"Don't worry Seohyun-ah, you're different now. You have to walk in graceful when you meet him. Show him, he's in a great loss to let you go." Chang Min encouraged her.

"Ahrasso.. I will.. I have to."

"Alright, be strong for a while, I will come as soon as possible if everything done here, kay?"

"Okay.." She smiled to hear there will be a hand to hold on when she broke down.

"Be strong, Seohyun-ah." He said in low tone before she hung up the phone.

Shim Max or his Korean name is Shim Chang Min, was the one she could say her savior. He was the one who found her from the devastated stage in USA when her mother died, when the one who supposed to support her living on the state abandoned her and leave her like a beggar. It was Chang Min who took her, gave her a place to live.

She told Chang Min that she had a guy that always be her hope, her excuse to stay strong.

"He said, I must wait for him, oppa. I will wait for him." She said one day when Chang Min asked him where the hell is that guy when she needed someone to rely on. She looked so determine and trust this guy so much. Chang Min just sighed to hear her

But, her hope was breaking into pieces when she heard the news of the guy who always be her strength get married. She was devastated once again. Chang Min helped her over her sadness by making her to be a model. He was a photographer and he could see Seohyun's potential and he was right, the people love to see a natural Asian beauty that glowing from her. Within a year, Seohyun had become a quite well known model on the states.

"Seohyun unnie, we already arrive." Jun Hee popped out from the front seat. Seohyun sighed then fixing her hair and her blouse to make her more presentable.

The two young girl then walked in to the building of Mademoiselle cosmetics. They welcomed with a fashionable atmosphere on the building since this business is about cosmetics the staff also shown a more fashionable outfit than the usual worker. But, among the fashion wave on the building, Seohyun still the one who the most stand out.  Amazed stare and whisper were following them from few of the staff who recognize the model.

"It's Seohyun..! She's prettier than the photo." One of the female staff whispered to her friend but, it apparently loud enough to be heard by Seohyun and Jun Hee.

"We want to meet director Park." Jun Hee said to the front desk. The lady looked to Jun Hee then to Seohyun and seems like she just know what next to do.

"Let me assist you to director Park office Ma'am." The lady said then lead them to the executive lift. The lift stopped at 25th floor. Then walked out the lift.

"Please have a seat, director Park assistant will meet you soon." The lady said and pleased them to seat to the couch at the waiting room.

"Thank you." Jun Hee bowed to the lady and the older also bow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter