The Pain and The Dream

Unbroken String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

c  h  a  p  t  e  r    o  n  e the pain & the dream - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

"Yong Hwa-yah, are you okay?" Jong Hyun patted back of the man who threw up on the sink. He felt so worried about his best friend because, the frequency of the pain on his head increasing recently.

"I..I'm okay." He said while wiping his mouth after he washed it. He coughed some more before actually he could feel better.

“The pain come back again recently, you should check to the doctor.” Jong Hyun said sincerely worried for him. He felt so worried when they were on discussion of their work Yong Hwa suddenly groaned in pain and held his head. Maybe, the pain was endurable at first but then it became so great and made Yong Hwa felt nauseous.

"Yeah, maybe tomorrow.." Yong Hwa said and straighten his back.

It had been two years since Yong Hwa got discharged from the hospital after the accident that almost took his life. The only thing that been taken from him was only his memories. The accident itself was happened when he wanted to go to the airport. He was driving in high speed he could guess. The shape of his car back then wasn't that good. But, he always had this question in his mind when someone slipped his tongue and told him that he had no flight that day to be chased.

"Why would I'm such in a hurry? If I wasn't chase a flight."

The question, remain unanswered all these years and everything seems like went well for Yong Hwa, his life already back to normal. Well, at least according to his father and his late mother. He went back to his job, back to his house and even married his girlfriend. But, he still felt in the corner of his heart there was something empty, something missing in his life.  His headache actually already completely gone last year but, the headache came again recently.

They walked to Yong Hwa’s office room at his big house again. The exhausted man threw himself to the chair and held his head, he didn't feel like he wanted to continue the discussion with Jong Hyun.

“Do you want to stop the discussion?” Jong Hyun asked as if he could read Yong Hwa’s mind. He was his best friend for 20 years after all.

“Yes, maybe we can discuss this later but, I already have the big picture.” Yong Hwa sighed. This pain things really slowing him from understand the new project they had. His previous job was the young vice director of Jung World Real Estate. The biggest developer company on Korea, which handle the construction of tall and prestigious building, luxurious housing complex, town house for jet setter, cottages and many more. Yong Hwa even had a luxurious cottages complex on Jeju under his name. He was sure that this is really his previous job before he lost his memories because he could recognize and able to read the blueprint of any building construction right away without anyone should tell him. The problem back then, he was still couldn’t remember the company, the projects, the clients and so on. So, Jong Hyun who introduced himself as Yong Hwa’s best friend since they were kids and also the architect most of Jung World project, helped him to learn it all from the beginning. He was one of some people Yong Hwa could trust after the memory loss because, he could feel that the best friend was so sincere to him.

“Let’s talk something else then.” Jong Hyun suggested. “Is there any progress? That's why you keep having headache recently.” He asked.

“No.. There's no progress on this damn head.” Yong Hwa leaned back to his chair and sighed. He was so frustrated to not be able to remember anything in his past life even though it was already two years since he lost it.

"Maybe, this is the best Yong Hwa-yah. Sometimes, we don't have to look to the past, maybe you can yourself lucky because, you can forget all bad memories that happened before." Jong Hyun said while tidying his drawing papers of the project they were discussing before.

 “I don't know Jong Hyun-ah if this could be a luck." Yong Hwa leaned forward and rested his elbows on the desk. Silence then covered them while Jong Hyun keep busied himself with his drawing papers.

"Jong Hyun-ah..." Yong Hwa suddenly called his bestfriend. Jong Hyun then looked to him. "You know, recently I have a dream about a girl. It isn’t Min Young, it is a girl with long brown wavy hair.” He continued. Jong Hyun gulped to hear what Yong Hwa said.

“Do you know something about that?” Yong Hwa cautiously asked.

“No, I don’t know that girl.” Jong Hyun shot right away. “I only knew one girl who always be with you all the time Min Young, your wife.”

“Yeaah.. but, why I couldn’t feel right to Min Young. I don’t feel what I ever felt for her, I never really love her anymore. Just if my mother didn't tell me to marry her, maybe... I won't marry her.” He trailed off. Jong Hyun coughed a little then took his coffee.

“Maybe.. you need more time with her.”

“Time? I already married with her for a year. I still couldn’t feel the love and to be honest, I never touch her.” He confessed.

"What? Come on, that was lame.." Jong Hyun mocked on his best friend's statement before. "How can you never touch your hot wife to satisfy your biological needs?"

"Mock me as much as you want but, that's a fact I only feel she's a sister, I don't have any romantic feeling anymore for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter