wishes

MyungYeol One-Shot Collection

 

OKAY SO LIKE BASICALLY  a few days ago I was being really bored and looking through the notes on my ipod (i have like over 200 lol so yeah) and I found this! I actually wrote this around the time I was staring my 2seop oneshot because that one was in present tense and I wanted to try and see if it was possible for me to write in present tense (lol I know, lame reason, but I'm really cautious with the way I write..) and I didn't even realize that I finished it. 
(btw my I got rid of the automatic capitalization which is why everything's in lowercase [when you write a story on a freaking ipod you kinda don't wanna spend your time pressing the case key over and over again okay]...and I'm kinda too lazy to go back and upper case everything...orz sorry...) 

it's like 651 words lol it's really short so you'll probably survive.

"what do you think would happen if wishes actually came true?"

myungsoo half glances up at his boyfriend, whose arms are spread out as he balances on unbalanced rocks, and breathes in, pretending to think. "hmm...i really wonder what if."

"no, i'm serious," sungyeol awes, looking down at him with big eyes. the black sky contrasts with every ounce of happiness coming from the boy, but the stars seem to instead agree. "everything. imagine if everything everybody wished for came true."

"well then, our world would be quite a mess, wouldn't it?"

myungsoo sticks out his hand as he says it, offering it up to sungyeol (there's no way he would stay up there).

"a mess?" sungyeol inquires, though he's not looking directly at his boyfriend. his eyes are instead on the calm waters of the lake set beside them, just one shove away from falling in. he takes in the solitude of the area (as much as he can with myungsoo beside him), the moon in the sky, the trees out before, the grass down below. everything.

"you know," myungsoo shrugs, right hand still awkwardly in the sky, "a mess. nobody would end up getting what they want."

by this time, sungyeol decides that he's good for the night and takes myungsoo's hand only to pull the younger and force him to turn around.

"but isn't that what wishes are for? so that everybody can get what they want?"

as myungsoo's thinking about how to answer sungyeol's question, his boyfriend jumps onto his back and loosely clings onto his neck.

it doesn't matter if sungyeol's taller, or even if he's older. myungsoo still all the same adjusts his hyung and clamps his hands on the back of sungyeol's thighs to keep him in place.

the breathing on the back of his neck alerting him to talk, myungsoo finally answers, "think of it this way. there's a war going on and both countries, obviously, want to win. so they both wish to win. then what happens?"

"they both win," sungyeol shrugs. his lips are too close to myungsoo's cheeks for him not to get a quick peck in, though all myungsoo wants at the moment is to get sungyeol's hair out of his right eye.

"that can't happen though," myungsoo defies when sungyeol's hair is out of his face. he lands a fast kiss on his boyfriend's nose and continues talking. "for example, i would love to stay here and spend eternity with you, but everybody else back at the dorm is probably doing everything in their power to find where we are."

sungyeol snorts, throwing his head back and laying his chin on myungsoo's shoulder. "then why can't we get our wish granted for once?"

and maybe it so happened that fate listened to them that day, for their wish was later on granted.

- one week later -

it is silent. everything is silent, nobody knows what to say.

all around, everybody has black fabric all over their body, so black that myungsoo would have been proud - key word being "would".

two caskets, one black and the other white, lay before them. behind it are five handsome men clad in black tuxes, all of them with their eyes solemnly shut.

beside them is a woman in her late fifties, and in her arm cradles a young child. she's crying harder than everybody else is and all she can do is swear that it was dark that one sunday night, that she didn't know there were two infinite members heading home in the night streets.

the baby cries aloud, and sunggyu's eyes slowly open wider. he swallows one single time before whispering, "lee sungyeol and kim myungsoo. together."

that's all he says, but everybody seems to understand what he means.

(kim myungsoo and lee sungyeol, together for eternity, up until infinity.)

 

 

um yeah if you didn't realize, myungyeol got hit by a car and died so technically, they did get their wish granted and they were able to stay "there" (the spot where they died & were wishing at) for enternity.

yeah lol I didn't understand it either when I read it for the first time a few days back LOL. then I was like OMFG THEY BOTH DIEDDDDD. IT MAKES SO MUCH MORE SENSE NOW!

i'm sorry lol I just felt an obligation to my 2012 self to post this. I'll update with a somewhat legit oneshot (is this even considered one? i dunno) soon!

(brb gonna die listening to sungyeol's one line in man in love now okay yeah bye guise)

<3 happy sunday^^ KLEDAJVDHAKFAD I HAVE A WEEK UNTIL SPRING BREAK OKAY SO I'M DYING RN.

btw hwajong oneshot based on jongie's teaser with the freaking adorable woollimy (WAIT SOMEBODY TELL ME, IS THAT REALLY THE KITTY'S NAME?! ;___;) if you wanted to try out hwajong for once c; : http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/404279/there-s-just-this-thing-with-you-and-me-and-kittens-too-definitely-kittens-hwayoung-infinite-sungjong-hwajong

okay yeah byeeeee for reals now~

[[c:10]]