Chapter 35 - Hostility

Through the Looking Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 35 -  Hostility

Sunggyu walked into the office after Jongwan and Dongwoo and I soon followed.   I was wondering what was going on.  I watched as Sunggyu ran a hand through his hair. "Why is everything such a complicated mess? I know that it is my fault for disappearing for ten years."

"We need to talk Prince Sunggyu." Jongwan said, "We need to know what happened to you ten years ago."

"We were attacked.  You should know that with all flames." Sunggyu said with his arms crossed, "I..." Sunggyu placed a hand on his head and gripped onto the desk.  He hated thinking of that day.  It broke his heart.  He felt like it was his fault that his parents died. He took them away from Soojung who needed them. 

"Prince Sunggyu." Jongwan walked over to the younger man and placed a hand on his shoulder.  "We can talk about this later.  I think it will be best if you rest."

"I know that I should talk to you about this hyung, but..." Sunggyu took a deep breath.  "It hurts me to talk about that.  I think I lost my memory because I was traumatized.  I did not want to remember losing umma and appa.  I hate myself for having Soojung grow up without anyone. I am a terrible person."

"Sunggyu you are not a terrible person and you were attacked because someone does not want wonderland to return to how it once was." Jongwan said as he looked at Sunggyu.  He did not like how unstable he was.

"I was the cause of these things. I..." Sunggyu paused when he felt someone give him a back hug.  He started to feel at ease again.  Sunggyu looked back and saw Eunmi hugging him.   

"I will return later my Prince." Jongwan bowed and left the room.   The door closed and Sunggyu sighed deeply.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"I never have been alright." Sunggyu said as he unwrapped my arms from his waist.  He turned around and pulled me into a hug.  He rested his head on top of my head.

"I guess I should leave you two alone." Dongwoo said.  He was about to leave, but stopped then he felt Sunggyu grabbed his wrist.

"Gyuzizi..." Dongwoo tilted his head as he looked at the older man. "Now...are you sure..."

"What do you mean by that?" Sunggyu asked with an annoyed tone in his voice.  "I need to ask you something since you were the one who found me."  

"How do you know I was the one who found you?" Dongwoo asked.

"Why would you be here if you did not find me, Dongwoo ah?  You do not think I don't remember your job after..."

"Shhhh hyung lets not talk about that right now."  Dongwoo looked at me and smiled, "We are in presents of a beautiful young woman." Dongwoo smirked and jumped when Sunggyu glared at him. "Hyung your eyes are scary."

"Gyu don't scare him." I said slapping his arm.

"He knows that I care about him so it doesn't really matter how I look at him." Sunggyu said with a smirk. "Besides we need to get ready for war.  You're fighting skills are rusty Eunmi."  Sunggyu said with a sly smirk.

"They aren't that bad!" I said as I crossed my arms.

"Then let's test them out." Sunggyu smirked.

---

Jungwook looked at Jiae and sighed.  "He is still a White Knight. You do need to worry about that. What I am worried about is his mental health.  Woohyun ah how was Myungsoo's state when you went back to get him."

"He seemed a bit freaked out.  I think we should get Gyu hyung.  He can always talk some sense into the kid." Woohyun said in cold voice.  He was still irritated with Sunggyu, but Woohyun knew that Sunggyu had his reason for not telling Hoya the truth about who he is.

"He is going to be at the White Kingdom for awhile.  A war is coming and I think Sunggyu hyung is going to lead an army."  Jungwook said.

"An army against who? Hyuna?" Woohyun asked.

"Hyuna is not the really threat." Hoya said in a serious voice.  "Even though she thinks she is one.  She is not. The person we are fighting against is someone who is not a good person. He destroyed my kingdom and broke my family apart."

"Who?" Jungwook asked.

"Who do you think? The person who has been torturing Sunggyu hyung all t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter