Chapter 3: "Yo-Touch-Me"

Just a Bodyguard?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum and I went back into the restaurant and joined the rest for lunch. Heechul was unusually quiet after my 'jump' (which was more like a 'fall'). As I sat and joined them, few members started to interview me.

"Why did the company hire you?" Kangin asked, curious.
"Do you have any special ability?" Hyukjae joined in the 'interview session' enthusiastically.
"Can you do flying kick?" Sungmin also grinned. I was wondering why he was so interested in 'flying kick', but then I remembered getting the information that few members of Super Junior learned martial arts. Sungmin was one of them.

"I don't know about the reason why they hired me... and I do not have any special ability... And yes, Sungmin-ssi, I know how to do it." I answered them bluntly.

All the members turned and stared at me. Oops, did I say anything wrong?

Suddenly everyone burst out into laughter. What's so funny?

"Hahaha... Hikaru-ssi, why are you so formal?" Jungsu said in between his laughter.

Then the rest of them started talking; too many people were speaking at the same time, that I didn't know who said what.

‘Hikaru-ssi, you're too serious!'
'Come on, don't be too formal with us.'
'You're part of us now, come on, smile!'
'I can see right through you. You're not good with people whom you just met, right?'

If my sight and my hearing did not fool me, the people who talked to me were Sungmin, Hyukjae, Jungsu, and Kangin. Shindong was too busy eating some barbecued pork; Heechul sat quietly at one side of the table with Kibum; Ryeowook and Yesung were feeding each other and chatting among themselves like the world only belongs to them; and Donghae was at the corner of the room, sulking because Hyukjae talked to me and ignored him.

Yes, I do admit that I'm bad with strangers. Let's just say I’m not the sociable kind, which was perhaps explained the reason why I couldn't be bothered talking to them during the meeting.

I can still sense that few of them disliked me though; like Yesung, Donghae, and Heechul. Shindong seems to have a disability to dislike anyone so let's assume that he was fine with me. I had no idea about Hankyung and Siwon since they were away, but the both of them are more gentlemen than this bunch of the members so I guessed they should have nothing against me. As for Kyuhyun and Ryeowook, I don't think they minded my presence... They were not that talkative to begin with, so I shouldn’t have any problems getting along with them. (Since we were all quiet, so no arguments would be spoken to each other.) So the ones who could happily converse with me were Jungsu, Kangin, Hyukjae, Sungmin and Kibum.

At first I thought that everyone of them was going to ignore me since they were against the idea of having me as a bodyguard, but I was wrong. They were not against me, but they were against Mr. Lee.

"Sometimes I just feel that Mr. Lee can be unrealistic. I mean seriously what was he thinking? I've heard about Rin family's invincibility, but a 17 years old girl is just a 17 years old girl." Jungsu explained.

"And that was why we complained to him earlier on!" Hyukjae grinned.
"We thought that if we pretended that we didn't like you, Mr. Lee would change his mind." Sungmin added.

I didn't know they were so considerate. It warmed my heart to know that despite them being in danger of the anti-fans attacks, they cared more about their bodyguard than themselves. I smiled and thanked them, and they smiled back at me. Gosh, all the fans out there would kill me if they knew I could see their beloved 13 idols smiling at me everyday. Okay, not 13, 10 to be exact... since 3 of the members disliked me.

I glanced at Donghae who was still sulking; hugging his knees. Hyukjae didn't seem to notice that Donghae was upset, so I decided to try talking to the former.

"Donghae-ssi, you can have your room later. I’ll just sleep on the sofa... It's fine with me."

Donghae lifted his head and stared at me in disbelief. "No way, there's no way a girl is allowed to sleep on the sofa!"

His stand was immediately supported by the rest of the members, except for Kibum, Heechul, Yesung and Ryeowook who were still engrossed in eating. Even Shindong put down his chopsticks.

"You should sleep in Donghae's room, you're a girl!"
"Donghae will be fine sleeping on the sofa or on the floor, you don't have to care about him!"
"Yeah yeah! He's your sunbae after all, he wouldn't mind!"
"Yes, Hikaru-ssi. Really, I don't mind!"

I glanced at Donghae again. The poor guy seemed to be sad about having to be separated from his room, but he was matured enough to let me use it. No, may be it's not maturity... he's just gentleman and kind hearted.

Maybe Donghae didn't dislike me after all.

"AH! Look at the time! We should get going, guys!" Jungsu spoke, and the rest of the members got up on thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter