Chapter 2: Mr. X

Just a Bodyguard?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally, 10 minutes after Heechul shut up we reached the location for shooting. As we got out of the car, we could hear the director's voice. He was practically screaming his lungs out; scolding and cursing uncontrollably. We were curious, so we hurried over to check out what was the commotion about.

"Is everything ok?" Kibum asked, he sounded concerned. One of the staffs, who was part of the crowd watching turned to him and replied; "the Director is furious, it's better if you don't talk to him now."

"What happened?"
"Well, the main actress who was supposed to jump from the 5th floor for the next scene... refused to do the act."
“Wae?? I thought there are safety ropes and everything?"
"Yes, but she was afraid to do it. This morning she irresponsibly canceled her slot and went back to her hometown."
"Seriously? Aish, tell me you're joking!"

This conversation was witnessed by Heechul, Kibum's manager, Heechul's manager, and me, of course.

"Then how about the shot today?!" Heechul asked. Seeing that this time round Kibum wouldn't do anything to his beloved cat and pajama, he dared himself to speak again.

"That's the thing... It's really hard to find a girl who can act well, who looks boyish with a short hair and slim figure within a day... And it was written in the script that the girl is less than 160 cm tall..."

Suddenly the rest of them turned around and stared intensely at me. I had a strange, bad feeling about this.

And my bad feeling was proven right.

"Hikaru-ssi, are you afraid of height?" Kibum asked me.
"Who is this lady?" the staff asked Kibum.
"uhh... not really." I replied Kibum.
"She's our bod– er, assistant manager." Heechul answered the staff. (He almost had a slip of tongue.)

"Excuse me, miss, how tall are you?" the staff asked again, this time looking more interested and brighter.
"Err... 157 cm?"

"PERFECT." he yelled. "MR DIRECTOR, SIR! WE FOUND HER SUBTITUTE!"

 

 

 

Seriously, no matter how good you are in martial arts, it's almost impossible for you not to be afraid of jumping down from the 5th storey. WHAT WAS THE DRAMA ABOUT ANYWAY?! GHOST GIRL WHO COMMITED SUICIDE BY JUMPING DOWN?!

Well I was afraid, but I knew they were really troubled because of the irresponsible actress. Let's just take it that I'm protecting them now... in a different form of protecting.

They were preparing for the settings inside and outside the building while Kibum passed me the script.

"All you need to do is say these lines and then jump, and it'll be over within less than five minutes."
“Okay, got it."

Who was the scriptwriter anyway? Jumping down from a building... what the heck? Any normal girl would be scared…

I went through the lines I was supposed to say. It was pretty easy for me to remember, since there were only two lines. I used to like acting when I was in primary school but my 'parents' (the Rin(s)) hated that kind of thing, so in the end I didn't try to develop the interest either.

As I read through the last part of the line, I froze.

'I’m sorry to have burdened you, my love. Really, Heechul, I'm terribly sorry.'

Oh great. Saying these lines to Heechul made me feel like telling the staff members to stop preparing for safety precaution and let me jump from the 5th floor and die.

Heechul, sitting on a chair quite distant away from me, was also running through the script. For a moment he was stunned as well, (seems like he didn't go through his lines previously and he was practicing them now) then he lifted his head up and glanced at me as he gave his famous smirk. Was he trying to mock me? Ugh...

Suddenly from the corner of my eyes, I caught a shadow of a familiar man in black suit. It was the mysterious man! Wait; let's give him a nickname. Let's see... I’ll call him Mr. X then.

I got up from my seat and dashed off to his direction. He saw me coming and ran off. Before I could catch up with him, Kibum caught my hand and pulled me.

"Where do you think you're going? The shooting will start in five minutes. Don't move around too much, you will perspire and your make-up will come off!"
"Ah, Kibum-ssi, let me go before I lost sight of him!"
"Of who?"

Ignoring Kibum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter