Prologue

Just a Bodyguard?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was five o'clock in the morning and the sun was unwilling to smile yet. In Rin family, however, it was a tradition for every family member to ‘rise and shine’ and assemble at the dojo. Yes, at 5AM SHARP. Anyone who came late will receive a punishment of cleaning the whole house compound. And for your information, Rin's residence was as big as the palaces you seen in Chinese or Korean movie. Yes, it's THAT huge.


By the way, please pardon the late introduction. My name is Hikaru Rin. Hikaru has a meaning of 'to shine' or 'light', and I love my name a lot. I am turning 17 this year. If you ask me to describe my appearance, the suitable keyword would be boyish. I came from a very (as you can tell) rich and traditional mixed Korean-Japanese family. My mother is a Japanese and my father is a Korean. Are you wondering what my parents do for a living? For instance, how could they have SO MUCH WEALTH? I am really sorry to break the news and disappoint you; they are no businessmen or some royalty. My parents are both martial artists, and as great as it sounds, they are martial arts freak. They were professional; almost invincible, and they were famous for that.


Because of their martial arts abilities, they were often hired to be bodyguards, protecting many famous stars, celebrities, and important people such as the Ministers. Of course they received high pays for this, since they put their lives at stake to ensure that the protected ones are safe and sound.


My family consists of 7 members: my grandma, my mom, dad, elder brother (Yuuya), younger brother (Kouta), younger sister (Hinata), and me. As the eldest daughter, I was forced to learn martial arts along with my brothers. Well, according to my dad, it was (again), our family tradition. Since I didn't have any choice, I did my best in learning martial arts and eventually I'm almost as good as my parents now. At the very least, I am capable of murdering someone, but I won't do it unless there is an urgent circumstances.
Unlike teenagers at my age, I didn't apply for high school. Instead, I went to a private school, which was specialized in design. I took a major in fashion designing, and I really love it. It’s not that I don’t do well in my studies; I just hate it and was really lazy to study. I was pretty clever, actually.


Okay, that's enough for now.


That morning, my parents didn't wake me up. As usual, I overslept, but I woke up only five minutes past five. I was shocked when I found out no one had woken me up. Damn Hinata, Yuuya, and Kouta. Why didn't they wake me up? I’m so dead.


I rushed to take a shower and changed to my judo uniform. I dashed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter