CHAPTER 4

Whatever Works

The next morning, I was woken up by the blinding light of the drapes opening. I seized the bed covers and yanked them over me. "Whoever you are, get out of my room!"

"Gosh, you're grumpy in the mornings." Minho rolled his eyes. "It's just me, your very own Flaming Charisma. Now get up." There were noisy footsteps around my room, but I still refused to get up. Trust me: I am not a morning person. The phrase 'wrong side of the bed' doesn't even apply to me, since all sides still make me pissed off. I didn't even move when stuff was thrown on to my back. I just glared at my pillow, and tried to get some more sleep.

"Jonghyun!" Jaejoong's voice was yelling at me. Oh, had he finally made it? "Get up right now! There are reporters outside that would be more than willing to film you sleeping without a shirt so get up before I let them in for the tour!"

I jerked up at the word 'tour'. "What the heck? Since when were we guides?"

"Since yesterday, when Manager Hyung called." Yep, that was Jaejoong. Man, he was a sight for sore eyes. Still looking good for the ladies, wasn't he?

There were clothes strewn over my bed. I looked at them, bleary-eyed and confused. "These mine?"

"Yeah, Ivy got them to us. She told us she wish she didn't have to make clothes for you." Jaejoong smirked. "She's pretty hot, just saying." 

I swung up instinctively, jealousy giving me the fuel to burn a hole into his eyes. He met me with the same charismatic glare that fangirls would kill to be under. I flipped my hair a little, and backed down. Jaejoong's scary when he gets pissed.

"Finally. I thought you guys would never stop being lovey dovey." Minho rolled his eyes. "Now hurry up and get dressed, Jonghyun, I swear I'm opening the door in five minutes whether you're ready or not."

Picking up the sky blue shirt in my hands, I awkwardly looked it over. "It's... not bad..." I admitted reluctantly, because the truth was, it was amazing. A true piece of artwork. If only all our designers could show this much potential through inanimate objects. The sleeves were rolled back, but in a way that you would never suspect that they were sewed under to hold it in place. It was a flannel shirt with a plaid theme going on, but not in a way that made me want to throw up. 

I put it carefully on. The buttons stopped a little below the neckline, so it opened slightly to show the base of my neck. The jeans were destroyed a little at the knees, and straight. I barely put them on when Jessica slammed the freaking door open in my face.

"Sica! What the eff was that?" I yelled. I mean, seriously, what is it with people and throwing doors open to their limit so that it makes an impact on me. What horrible people. Don't they know who I am? I'm Bling Bling himself! Just because you guys are more famous than me doesn't mean you can push me around like that.

Jessica covered her noise. "Ewww it smells like guys in here!"

"Then get out." I snarled. 

She stuck out a hip and placed her hand on it. "Excuse me? How can you say that to your girlfriend?"

The memory of what I had done last night jumped back to me. My heart dropped to the ground. Oh. My. Gosh. I could have at least fake-dated someone a little nicer, like Taeyeon or Tiffany. Why had I chosen Jessica again? Because of her coldness? Because of her ability to make me feel like something that lurks in swamps?

"So, I came in here to ask you..." She fiddled with the tips of her hair. It was more of a strawberry blonde than mine, and curly at the ends. "Are you planning to tell the reporters about our 'relationship'?" she made quotes around the word.

I considered it for a moment. "Nope. Not really."

"Okay." She wandered around my room a little more, looking at how it was laid out. I ditched her and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix up my hair. I had taken a shower last night.

While I was washing my hands, Eunhye came in, and let out a squeak.

Siwon flew in. "Is someone hurting you?"

I made a confused expression, and awkwardly pointed a finger at my chest, like a 'me...?' look.

Eunhye shook her head, apologetic. "Sorry, Siwon Obba. I was just surprised that Jonghyun was in here." She smiled at me, and then ran to her brother, her face excited. "Did you see the beach? Eunhyuk promised to take me down today." Of course, to make sure that Donghae can't. "It's perfect! I only wish that B2ST was here; they're so much fun! And 2PM and Infinite!"

"Well, it's okay, you have the SME people; we're by far more superior." Siwon said loftily. I don't even think Eunhye caught that, because she kept on blabbing away about stuff that she was going to do with Eunhyuk.

I went downstairs, jumping down five at a time. Yoona was at the breakfast table. I plopped down next to her, and murmered, "So... you planning to meet your best friend today?" 

It's an inside joke between us. It started when Yoona was telling Yuri about some Halloween thing that she had done when she was little. She had been a mermaid, and when I had overheard, I had started cracking up. I mean, come on, Yoona, a mermaid? So this whole thing had started, with stuff about her wearing seashells and starfish, and eating seaweed soup everyday. She's pretty good-natured, and went along with it, even when the teasing got severe.

Yoona lifted her chin. "Actually, I was. You want to come along? I can introduce you to Whale-y and Dolphin-y." 

"No thanks." I said, my eyes mocking. "I would be glad to another day though."

Sunny handed me somem eggs and bacon, and I scarfed it down like a monster. But when the tour started, and all the reporters came tentatively in like they were sneaking in instead of being invited, I slowed down and used proper manners. Got to look good in front of the camera. 

"Wow. 4-D personality...." muttered Seohyun into her cup of orange juice.

I stuck out my tongue at her. "Whatever, maknae."

"Jonghyun!" A girl reporter swooned, practically diving into my plate to try and get my attention. 

I sighed, wiped my face with a napkin, and then asked, "Yes?"

She curled her hair behind her ears, and started rambling off about how nice the house was, blah blah blah. It was kinda hard to pay attention, because YeJi had come out from behind. Her hair was tied in a messy bun, and she blinked sleepily. Her legs looked good even in sweats. 

"Jonghyun? Jonghyun!" The reporter snapped, trying to get back my attention.

But I was too far in La-La-Land, checking YeJi out.