CHAPTER 2

Whatever Works

At lunch, when I was supposed to be at the SHINee dorm, cooking myself something that doesn't require using brain cells, Manager Hyung called a meeting. And it was mandatory. Oh my gosh. Usually we just use Taemin's aegyo and get permission to leave.

I was sitting at the table, feet propped up against the wood. Sunny from SNSD frowned as she walked in and saw that. "Jonghyun, get your feet off the table right now."

"If you use aegyo." I smirked. I loved watching this; it's so freaking hilarious.

Sunny glowered at me, but that suddenly shifted to a pouty face. She tilted her head to the side. "Jonhyuuuun~~ Sunny Noona doesn't like your feet on the table~~" She curled her hands into balls and placed them on either side of her face. "Kyaaa~~" She yawned, her eyelids shut tightly.

I burst out laughing, and she looked pissed. I love Sunny; she's funny. She thinks she's cute. "Noona, you're the best." I pulled my legs out and under the table. 

"I know I am. And I think I'm going to end up killing you at the beach trip." Sunny rolled her eyes, and sat down next to Tiffany.

"Oh! Tippany Noona!" Sungmin of SuJu walked in, and he started jumping up and down. Ugh. Aegyo's so weird. 

"It's TiFFFHAAAny." Siwon came in, leading Eunhye and YeJi. The two girls were holding hands and skipping around the room. To be honest, I felt a twinge of jealousy. We used to do that when we were three. Yes, we were practically born together.

Soon, Manager Hyung came in. He nodded at us to sit, and the rest of them that were still standing practically dove for their chairs.  Nobody wants to lose their job.

YeJi ended up sitting near me. When she saw me, her eyes narrowed, and she turned away. Great. She's really attracted to the new me, isn't she? 

"Hey," I flipped my bangs when she turned around to look at me. "I'm Jonghyun."

"And I don't care." She turned around again. Dang, girl. She still has the same attitude. 

"So... I heard you guys are planning to go to the beach.... And why didn't I hear about this sooner?" Manager Hyung gave us all a scary glare. We all looked pointedly at Donghae.

Donghae was frantically motioning at us not to give him away, but Manager Hyung saw that. "Oh.. I should have known." He said dryly. "Why didn't I hear about this sooner, Donghae?"

"It wasn't even my idea!" Donghae protested, with an awkward look on his face that made it obvious that he was lying. Yeah, and normal people think all singers are good with lies. Not Donghae, over there. Manager Hyung raised an eyebrow, and he backtracked. "Er... I mean, well, I guess it was kinda my idea...."

Manager Hyung's mouth quirked into a smile, though, and Donghae relaxed. "Well, I don't mind much. We were planning to give you guys a week off anyways, with Lee Soo Man Sajangnim's conference, anyways. So, who's going to go?"

Donghae put his hand in a weird, girly position, and started blabbering. "Okay; so I was planning to take SNSD, Super Junior, SHINee, f(x), and DBSK Hyungs... we might meet up with some other people there, but they're not in our media, so it's okay. We're going to go down to Jeju Island. It's really pretty this time of year, so they say."

"It's known as the Island of the Gods!" Eunhye said cheerfully, raising her hand a little. Donghae didn't mind her interrupting; he absolutely adores Eunhye. It's kind of scary actually, since sometimes Eunhyuk and he fight over her. 

"Yeah!" Donghae smiled at Eunhye, and she stuck out her tongue and bit it, her casual eye-smile coming up. "We were just going to stay for a week, and don't worry; we'll stay at a private house there. Eunhye and Siwon have some family friends that take care of a small inn near the beach. It's perfect! We can watch sunsets from our room!" He and Eunhye started talking to each other rapidly about that. 

Eunhyuk got annoyed after five seconds of that. "I like sunsets too, you know."

Eunhye slowly skidded to a stop, and then looked at Manager Hyung, completely ignoring Eunhyuk while he seethed with anger. "Manager Obba... can YeJi come too? I need some people my age... and it would be good for her to come down and feel welcome."

"We don't really take workers on vacations. I mean, you're only coming because of Siwon and your family friends...." Eeteuk said reasonably, but he quickly backed down when Eunhye glared at him. "I-I mean, yeah! That's great! We'd love to get to know this, er, girl better!"

Manager Obba nodded. "I can make the arrangements. And she can help keep me updated on what's happening."

What? YeJi's coming too? Oh, this is wonderful. They should have told me that before I had called her ugly.

But I bet she'd look great in a swimsuit....

"Hyung? Are you okay?" Taemin whispered to me, his face concerned.

I asked bewildered, "Why, does something look wrong?"

"Well, you get this weird look on your face when you act erted." He said, an angelic and innocent expression on his face. 

"Shut your piehole, Taemin." I growled, which let him know that, yes, I was being a tiny bit erted. 

Yoona stretched a little. I saw all the guys staring at her when she pushed her hair to the side, and asked, "When are we leaving?"

Donghae leaped up before Siwon could try and answer, and said quickly, "In three days!"

So soon? I should get Onew to pack my stuff. 

Where was that big lump of a leader, anyways? I looked around, and saw him talking with YeJi quietly. He made her laugh, and then he placed a hand on her small knee, using it to support himself while he clutched his stomach. Good. I hope you die of laughter. I'll take good care of YeJi for you.

Key saw me looking glumly at them, and rolled his eyes. "Dude, get over her. You're going on a vacation, to a beach ,with SNSD. Do you know how many guys would kill to be in your place?"

Yeah. But I'd kill to be in Onew's place right now, laughing with my ex-best friend.