New Found Authority

Mixed Drinks and Emotions

Kim Hyoyeon was practically skipping to work the next day. The prospect of having leverage over Eunhyuk- or as she had recently discovered- Lee Hyukjae, made her giddy.  In fact, she was excited for work; something she rarely experienced nowadays. She pushed the glass door open and greeted everyone cheerfully. She gave the Employees Only room two quick knocks, waited for a response, and entered swiftly. Hyo reemerged in her work uniform and found her position behind the bar. Jessica peered at Hyoyeon from the corner of her eye, but decided it was better not to ask considering Hyo had been so moody lately and she'd rather not spoil the good atmosphere by asking questions. The blissfully oblivious girl didn't notice Sica'a curious gaze and gave her friend a playful nudge, her eyes elsewhere as she scanned the room. He wasn't at work yet.

Hyoyeon was feeling a bit disappointed that she couldn't try out her new-found power when the door opened and in came a Mr. Lee Hyukjae. She immediately caught his eye, and ever so slowly, her pink lips formed a sly smile. Hyukjae saw this and sighed and gave his head a light shake. (He sighed more out of mock exasperation rather than an actual annoyance, but Hyoyeon enjoyed the expression none the less.) 

Eunhyuk went to get changed and Hyoyeon remained grinning to herself as she prepped the bar. A few minutes had passed, and she looked over at the door. Avoiding work as long as possible huh? Hyo thought with a chuckle that was cut short when the door opened a crack.   Eunhyuk peeked out at her and nodded his head in her direction as a way of beckoning her over. She gave him a questioning look, glanced around the room to see if anyone was paying attention, and walked over slolwly as her arms intertwined themselves in front of her chest. It wsa time to exhibit some of her new authority and she was feeling quite confident. 

 However, her cool façade was broken the second he clasped her hand and pulled her into the room with him. She looked up at Hyukjae, eyes wide and mouth agape with his face only inches from her own.

“W-What?” She asked in surprise as she instinctively backed into the door to put a more as much distance as she could between the two of them.  

“Don’t forget our agreement.” He said in a low voice. Her mind went blank for a second before she came back to her senses. She swallowed away her nervousness, stood upright again, cleared , and looked him in the eyes.  

“Same to you. You do as I say and your name is safe with me Lee. Hyuk. Jae.” She said, placing emphasis on each syllable of his name while shooting him the same sly smile as before and leaving him alone in the room once more. Eunhyuk bit his lip to stop the laughter that was building up inside. "What an amusing girl." He mumbled to himself a grin.

Hyoyeon confidently returned to prepping the bar but she couldn't ignore the fact that her heart was still beating quickly.  When opening time came around, she started giving him small orders; directing him to clean glasses, restock, and other odd jobs. Most of the time, they were unnecessary tasks, but she felt better knowing she could tell him what to do, no matter how pointless. Eunhyuk took it all in stride. Unbeknownst to Hyoyeon, he didn’t really mind her silly odd jobs and felt as though he was humoring the choding like girl more than anything. He would even shoot her an angry or begrudging look now and then simply to boost her ego.  Like a child he thought, smirking to himself as he washed an already clean glass that Hyo had told him to polish.

Jessica had noticed Hyoyeon’s antics early on in the night and realized the good mood seemed to have something to do with her bossing Eunhyuk around.

“Yah, Kim Hyoyeon. What are you up to?” She asked as the young man began obediently wiping down the counter just as Hyoyeon had directed him to.

Hyoyeon looked at her innocently “What’re you talking about Sica?”

Jessica gave her a disapproving look.  Hyoyeon laughed it off, but she stole a glance at Eunhyuk and felt… guilty. Just a bit… She didn’t want to admit it, but bossing him around wasn’t as fun as she thought it would be. Luckily, today was a slow day, and she could distract him with miscellaneous jobs, but busier days would be too difficult for her to give him orders. She had begun to fiddle with her bow tie and didn’t realize Hyukjae was standing beside her.

“Anything else, Boss?” he asked sarcastically.

She jumped at the sound of his voice, and turned quickly to face him. She tucked a stray blonde hair behind her ear and  paused as if seriously thinking of any other tasks he could perform. Of course, there was really nothing else she could tell him to do that he hadn't already done.. Perhaps she should just let it be for now. I've gotten him to do a lot already anyway...

“You’re on break.” She said with a dismissive wave of her hand.

Eunhyuk smiled widely. “Thanks”

She nodded coolly and began looking elsewhere, anywhere, as long as he wouldn’t be able to see the slight blush that began to cover her cheeks. She didn’t expect that being kind to him would make her feel better than when she was mean.

For the remainder of the night, she decided to refrain from any more commands. At closing time, everyone began clean-up. Hyoyeon was heaving a heavy trash bag to the back when Hyuk came and took the bag from her hands.

“Why the sudden change of heart? I thought you’d take full advantage of your blackmail.” He asked with a look of genuine curiosity.

She furrowed her brows and pointed her index finger at his chest. “Don’t think anything of it. There wasn’t anything left for you to do.”

Hyukjae couldn’t help but laugh this time at the choding-girl in front of him.

Hyoyeon was about to question his reason for laughing when someone entered the bar. The person's face was obstructed by the large metal machine they carried in their hands.

“Boss!” Tiffany chirped as the man carried the machine into the bar. “What’s th-“

“Karaoke!!” Sooyoung chimed, her hands clasped in delight.

The older man placed the Karaoke machine on a nearby table and let out a sigh.

“That’s right Sooyoung.”

Everyone looked at him curiously until Jessica finally spoke up.

“Sooo… What’s it doing here?”

The Boss took a seat and patted the machine. “This baby will be our ticket to more customers during the weekdays!”

Hyoyeon groaned audibly. The idea of having to listen to a bunch of drunks attempt to sing all night wasn’t exactly tempting.

The Boss turned to look at Hyoyeon and grinned. “Now now! How about you be the first to try it out tomorrow night Hyoyeon?”

Everyone in the room turned to look at her. She was taken completely off gaurd by the suggestion(Which seemed more like an order when the Boss said it). “Wha--?!” She scoffed

“Why not? We need someone to get up there and break the ice tomorrow.” He seemed pretty serious.

Hyoyeon began to panic a little; she really wasn’t very confident in singing, and forcing her to sing in front of everyone- in front of Hyukjae. Nope. She Couldn’t.  Suddenly, she had an idea. Ever so discretely, she nudged Eunhyuk. He had a good idea of what her intentions were and deicded to ignore it. She nudged him again, this time harder.

“I’m not volunteering Hyoyeon.” He whispered back through unmoving lips.

 

Hyoyeon turned her face to him and began to speak loudly. “Lee Hyuk-“ was all she had to say before his hand was on .  Everyone was still staring and Eunhyuk laughed awkwardly. “You know what, I’ll sing first tomorrow!” He said with forced enthusiasm and a small smile.

 

“Great, then it’s settled! “ The Boss rose from his chair and began heading for the door. “I’ll leave you guys to finish up here!”

 

Everyone returned to what they were doing before. Hyoyeon made a muffled noise and Hyukjae quickly removed his hand from her lips. She looked at him a bit apologetically and unsure of what to say. She was surprised to find him grinning “I think you better keep my secret no matter what after this.” He said before proceeding to carry the trash bag out to the back.

 

Hyoyeon decided she would probably not order him around for a long time.

 

 


FINALLY

An update. I'm really so sorry for the wait. Everything kinda got put on the back burner for a little while beacuse of school. I mean everything; my art, my fanfic, my social life. But I'm all applied now and Christmas break is coming so I have some spare time.

Now for my recent feels.  I really had high hopes for hyohyuk due to the whole younique unit thing, but then there was the whole scandal business-and ugh. But here I am. Just shows that I will always be a hyohyuk shipper at heart and I will always spazz over the littlest moments.  

As for my story, the next chapter will probably be up very soon. 

I know I should probably use Noraebang instead of karaoke but I'm soused to saying karaoke... You guys get it anyway. 

And lastly, thanks again for the comments and support. One of the main reasons I decided to force myself to sit down and continue this was due to requests that I continue writing. I really appreciated that. <3

** Sorry!No pictures this time because I wanted to get this chapter up ASAP. (That's why I'm still writing this at 12:40AM) But I promise for a few in the next chapter!! :)