Sudden Employment

Mixed Drinks and Emotions

     The next day, Hyoyeon's mood was still a bit sour due to the incident that occurred night before. Jessica was the first to notice her best friend's unusually grumpy behavior but didn't have a chance to ask what was wrong due to the mob of costumers they were occupied with serving. It was Saturday, the busiest day of the week for Tigress Bar and Grill, and the employees were having a hard time attending to each customer's need briskly and efficiently.
The situation was getting to be too much for Hyoyeon to handle and she could feel herself tensing up more and more with each request that was sent over the bar. Jessica, who was also moving much faster than usual, looked over  and managed to give a weak but encouraging smile. Hyoyeon attempted to smile back- it looked more like a cringe.


 Hyoyeon swiftly placed a drink in front of one customer and turned her back to serve another.
"You know, you'd get better tips if your customer service skills were better."
The trite and overly loud comment caught her attention and had her clenching her fists by her side. Hyoyeon could practically feel her blood pressure rise as she smoothly her heel to find out which bastard-customer had given her the unwanted advice. 
Her eyes fell on a dark haired man that made her freeze in her tracks as her furrowed brows rose in surprise. 
"Y-YOU!--Last night!!--" The blonde bartender struggled to find the words to express her overwhelming anger, shock and disbelief as she stared at the vespa driver she'd had the displeasure of meeting the night before. There he was in all his admittedly handsome glory sitting pompously on the other side of the bar. 
"How 'bout a smile" he replied coylu while flashing her a pearly smirk.
Hyoyeon  gawked for a second before letting out a loud scoff. She placed her hands on her hips and her stern look met his playful demeanor.
"Oh? And why should I smile for an arrogant punk like you?! YOU were the one-"
"Miss! Can I get two beers! --Excuse me!-- wheres my order?!"
Her words were cut off as the peoples' voices came swarming in like a tidal wave, and Hyoyeon realized she left Jessica to fend of the patrons by herself. Hyo instantly went to aid her compatriot, but not before offering her unwelcome guest one last venemous glare. He held up his drink and tipped it towards her with the same smirk still seated nicely on his lips. 

 Hastily, Hyoyeon picked up two mugs and began to fill them with beer. The shrill sound of glass breaking made Hyo jump and she glanced down to see shards of glass scattered all over the ground behind the bar. She let out a deep sigh and set down the half filled mugs. Hyo pivoted on her heel and began making her way from behind the bar, but she stopped abruptly to avoid walking  into the person now standing beside her. 
"What are you doing!?" she asked the vespa driver who was shrugging off his jacket. "You can't be back here!" She practically barked since s too stressed to deal with much more nonsense at the moment.
He shifted to the side and gave her more room. "Get a broom, I'll take over here."
"Don't tell me what to- nevermind! Don't break anything else while I'm gone."
Hyoyeon gave him one last bewildered look before hesitantly leaving him behind the bar while she went to the utility closet. 

     When she came back, vespa-driver had made himself comfortable behind the bar and was mixing a drink. She watched him out of the corner of her eye as she swept the glass up. Although she hated to admit it, the man actually knew what he was doing, and he seemed to be doing it well.
He kept a calm composure the whole time and even served the customers with an affable smile like he had suggested earlier.
After dumping  the glass in the trash she walked over to Jessica who had been giving Hyo questioning looks the entire time.
"Umm, Hyo, mind telling me who that is!?" Sica inquired in a hushed tone.
Hyoyeon picked a few dirty glasses off the bar before responding.
"Uhh, its a long story! Listen, I'll explain later." she whispered back before turning her attention onto the swarm of people on the other side of the bar.
"Hi! What can I get you?" she asked with a smile. 
 
     Hyoyeon had never felt so relieved for closing time. She flopped her torso on top of the bar and stretched her hands out. Pulling her arms back in, she turned her head to see the vespa driver was still there, cleaning a few leftover glasses. 
She sighed and walked over to his side. He smiled as he cleared the table he was working on before turning his dark eyes over to her. 
"Yes?" He perked a brow and Hyoyeon stopped herself from rolling her eyes.
" I hate to say this, but.... you really helped us out today." She gave him a slight bow. "Thank you..."  
"Eunhyuk, Lee Eunhyuk" He said with a smile that was more genuine than cheeky this time. 
She cleared "Thank you again Eunhyuk" 
"By the way, you forgot this yesterday." He pulled the pamphlet out of his back pocket and handed it to her.
Hyoyeon took the pamphlet that she had used as a peice of scrap paper to calculate how much she would need for this month's rent.
She gave him another slight bow and turned to walk towards Jessica.
Eunhyuk laughed, "Hey, you didn't tell me your name!"
"Kim Hyoyeon" she replied, not bothering to turn around and say it directly. 
 
     The glass plated door opened and an older gentlemen promptly entered. 
"I'm sorry! We're cl-" Tiffany began but stopped when she realized who it was.
"There you are!" Soouyoung called out "Do you know how busy we were today Boss?!"
The older man took a seat at the bar and flashed a wide smile.
"Da'aww don't be like that! I knew you guys could handle it!" 
Sooyoung frowned
"Anyway, who's this" the Boss said, motioning towards Eunhyuk.
"He helped us with the bar today" Jessica explained nonchalantly.
"Oh yeah..?" the Boss gave him a curious look.
"Yeah, I saw him! He was really good" Tiffany chimed with an eager nod.
"Oh, Was he now?" The Boss languidly turned his eyes to Hyoyeon as if waiting for her confrmation.
Eunhyuk also looked at her and waited for her response.
She let out a small, awkward cough before simply nodding her head.
The older man grinned, slapped the table, and jumped up from his chair before holding his hand out towards Eunhyuk.
"Well then kid, how would you like to be the new bartender here?!" He asked jovially.
"What?!" Hyoyoen's eyes became wide and she gave Eunhyuk an angry stare as if to tell him not to accept. "But-Bu-Boss, you barely even-"
Eunhyuk looked at her an smirked before taking the Boss's hand.
"Okay. I'd be glad to take the job, Boss" He agreed easily.
"Great! Then it's settled! You can start tomorrow night."  
 
      Hyoyeon let out a really loud huff. However, before she could protest this agreement anymore,an iritated Jessica was tugging at her sleeve. 
"How about you tell me what happened now and who this guy is?" She said with an expression that was unamused and cranky.  
Hyoyeon looked at Eunhyuk one last time and he glanced back at her. 
"I'll see you tomorrow" he said with a wink, making Hyoyeon let out an annoyed groan before she trudged off to be subject to Jessica's interrogation
 

Bonus Pic~

 
So what do you guys think so far? Pleas leave some comments and subscribe if you want me to upload more! c: