Monday's Forecast

Mixed Drinks and Emotions

     Hyoyeon looked forward to Mondays because that was the day Tigress Bar & Grill was closed. Like always, she started her day at the crack of dawn and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. Hyo found that the fridge was quite barren and added grocery shopping to the day’s agenda. After eating her meal made of the few remaining ingredients she had, she took a warm shower and dressed comfortably for the day; jean shorts and a loose, light colored T-shirt with a pair of sneakers.  She left her apartment with hair still a bit damp from her shower and set off for her first task.

     Now that it was nearing the end of August, the weather was becoming more and more unpredictable. Luckily the forecast was pretty clear aside from some mild humidity and a few clouds here and there. Hyoyeon readjusted her bag and began walking down the sidewalk at a leisurely pace. She had covered a good distance when a local park was finally in sight. It was a charming little niche of nature; a thick border of trees surrounding most of the outer perimeter, creating a sense of comfortable privacy from the outside world of city buildings and concrete walls. Although it did not contain much aside from a few picnic benches, a simple jungle gym, swing set, and a little pond with a fountain, the grass was a lush green and Hyoyeon swore the sun took extra care to shine brightly in this area. 

     The park was located in the less trendy part of the city and therefore wasn’t very popular, receiving only a few visitors a day, but Hyoyeon knew this placevery  well. She cut across the dewy morning grass and followed her own path into the border of surrounding trees. Quickly, she stepped into a circular shaped clearing with a good amount of space. Hyo looked around, as if assessing that everything was in order, before beggining some stretches.  Ten minutes later, she pulled the iPod out of her back pocket and stuck the buds in her ears. After hitting the play button, a high energy song began resounding through her headphones and her body was soon flowing along with the beat.  

     Her movements were powerful and she practiced the complicated routine with intensity. She differentiated with styles, going from hip hop, to popping and locking as well as some y dance moves (which was one of the reasons she liked her secluded practice area.) When Hyoyeon danced, she could express any emotion freely and without restraint. Today, in particular she seemed to dance with a bit more passion than usual as she unwound and let out all the built up stress she'd confined over the past week. After some time, she turned off her music and reemerged from her secret practice while taking a few greedy gulps from a water bottle she'd brought with her.

 

SERIOUS DANCING HYOYEON
     

     Her next destination of the day was the supermarket. A few extra clouds could be seen in the sky now and somehow it felt more humid than earlier. The walk was pretty far and she began to think that investing in a bike wouldn't be such a bad idea. When she finally arrived at the store she was grateful for the air conditioner and took her time shopping to enjoy the cool environment. Hyoyeon left the supermarket and she immediately grimaced at what she saw. The endless dark clouds covering the sky was definitely a cause for concern .Then something else caught her eye parked near the curb - Something unusually familiar. But why...  Suddenly it struck her and she finally realized where she knew the vehicle from.

"Eunhyuk's vespa!!-" she exclaimed in surprise. Her eyes darted around in search of the owner. Luckily, he wasn’t in sight and Hyoyeon began walking speedily towards home. No way I'm gonna put up with his antics on my day off! She thought to herself as she peeked back once to make sure he still hadn't appeared.

     She didn’t cover much distance before the rain started. It came down lightly at first, a few drops here and there, but soon it was falling in torrents. Hyoyeon had just begun running through the rain when the familiar vespa pulled up in front of her. She stopped and looked at the driver.

"Care for a ride?" he asked cheerfully, holding a spare helmet out in her direction and ignoring her aggitated expression. Hyoyeon stared at him skeptically before turning her head and proceeding to stroll past him.

“It’s fine, I enjoy these sun showers!” She said obstinately, acting as though the rain had no affect on her.

A big drop of rain pelted her face and she flinched unintentionally, destroying her unfazed façade.

"Don't be stubborn Hyoyeon. Look at yourself. You're soaked." Eunhyuk replied seriously. She slowed down. Perhaps she was mistaken, but he sounded genuinely concerned rather than arrogant. The plastic bags were slippery in her hands and her sneakers began to squeak.

She sighed.

CHILDISH HYOYEON

     Hyoyeon spun around and marched up to him.
Eunhyuk gladly handed her the helmet and placed her bags in the vespa’s topcase.  When he turned back around to look at her, he quickly took off his jacket and held it out.
"Oh no! It's fine." Hyoyeon instantly replied, surprised by the gentlemanly offer, and held up her hands to decline. She looked at his shirt which was now becoming splattered with rain and a part of her felt guilty for being rude to him in the first place. He looked away quickly- his expression becoming a bit awkward- and continued to hold the jacket out to her. Hyoyeon looked at his face curiously. Was he… blushing? He then spoke, causing her to break her concentrated stare.
"Are you really okay… with your shirt like…" he trailed off and cleared his throat, his eyes still avoiding her. Hyoyeon looked down to see what he meant. She made a weird little noise and her eyes almost popped out at the sight of her bra peeking through the sopping wet cloth of her now clingy, semi-see-through shirt.

     Without thinking, she snatched the light leather jacket from his hands and put it on, zipping it up to the very top. If anyone was blushing at this point, it was definitely her. Hyoyeon blurted out her address and Eunhyuk started the engine. She hesitantly seated herself behind him and placed her hands lightly on his sides, her fingers delicately probing his hard stomach. At that moment her mind defied her and she thought of the shirtless Eunhyuk from the day before. She  was utterly surprised by these thoughts and had to  repeatedly remind herself that it was nothing to be embarassed about. Still, the self-conscious blonde was so extremely thankful for the fact that he couldn’t see her face at the moment.

 

EMBARASSED HYOYEON

     They were both quiet now and an awkward kind of embarrassing tension lingered between them. If there was one thing Hyoyeon hated, it was awkward situations. She began fidgeting in her seat, her mind racing to find something to break the silence. Suddenly, they began to move and her grip on his sides instinctively tightened.
"You might want to hold on better." Eunhyuk said playfully, his tone now light and carefree. This simple remark was enough to break the tension and she felt infinitely relieved. She was glad he was back to his usual self, even if it was annoying.

"I'm fine. You just concentrate on driving!" She replied in her normal, defiant manner, and gave his side a weak slap. Abruptly, they made a right turn and Hyoyeon threw her arms around his waist, scared she'd fall off the vehicle despite the fact that she wasn't actually going to fall.

"YAH!!!! You reckless driver-! Maniac Monkey! You better be more careful or I’ll call the cops on you!"

"Ahh, don’t exaggerate. And besides, I’d never let you fall off.” He said and Hyoyeon could see his cheeky smile in her head. Her angry expression faltered for a second before she roughly nudged his back with her helmet. 


     Hyoyeon sputtered a variety of insults at him for the remainder of the ride to which Eunhyuk simply laughed at. The rain was beginning to stop when they pulled up in front of the apartment building and Hyo hastily got off. She huffed and removed the helmet.
"Hey, you! Let me see your license!" Hyoyeon demanded.


He looked at her and smirked. "What are you? The police?" he scoffed while pulling her bags out.

“Oh yeah? I find it hard to believe someone like you could be a legal driver.” Hyoyeon folded her arms.

He raised a brow but said nothing as he  handed her the bags and pulled out his wallet.

"Here." he said and held the license in front of her face for a second before beginning to put it away.

Hyo dropped her bags and reached for the card, just managing to grab it from his hands before he could lurch back. He reached for it, but Hyoyeon turned her back and gave the card a thorough examination. It was a real motor vehicle license, but something else about the card piqued her interest. 

“Lee.. .Hyuk..jae?” Her eyes shot up at him, brows gathered questioningly.

Eunhyuk looked almost embarrassed to hear this name. “Yes… That’s me.” He said in a monotone manner.

“So your real name is…Lee Hyukjae!” Hyoyeon repeated, this time grinning a bit to herself. 

“Aiish, don’t say that so load. Give it back now!” Eunhyuk quickly stretched his hand out for the card but she pulled it away and ran from him. So he wasn’t Mr. Perfect, and if she was correct, this was a weakness of his. Though she had to admit, it was a bit weird that he used a different name. However, weird or not, she finally had something she could with. 

     She waved the card tauntingly at him. “Hey, Hyukjae-ssi! Who should I tell your real name to first!?”

“This brat..” he mumbled to himself, but there was something amusing about seeing the usually unfriendly girl acting so silly  and smiling at him that he too started smiling.  Hyo pulled out her cell phone and began to dial. Eunhyuk approached her quickly. He easily caught up to her and tried to wrestle the phone from her hand. At this point she burst into laughter and began waving her phone around; trying to dial Jessica’s number while doing so. Eventually, he did manage to get both the phone and the license.

“Ayye,Hyukjae-ssi, give my phone back.” She held out her hand

“Hyoyeonah” he started, looking at her with big, puppy-dog like eyes "Won't you please find it in your precious heart not to tell anyone?" He continued, clenching his hands together while sticking out his lower lip.

Hyoyeon considered this for a second, tapping her chin with her index finger thoughtfully.

“Mmm, how about…From now on, you have to do everything I tell you to at work, and in return, your secret is safe!”

Hyoyeon proposed and smiled at him, hand still outstretched.

He sighed in defeat and handed her phone back. “Okay. But not one word about this to anyone Hyoyeon.”

Eunhyuk started walking back to the vespa.

“Oh! Hyukjae, wait!” She called out and he turned back.

"Hey, you just promised-" He began to protest but she cut him off. 

"Thank you for the ride. Even though you did almost kill me... I really appreciate it." she said with a small grin. She even waved good-bye to him. Eunhyuk chuckled. 

"No problem. I'll see you at work tomorrow." he replied before driving off with a wide smile on his lips.  

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aigoo, finally an update! I'm sorry this took a bit longer than usual, but school has me more worn out than I imagined it would. Not to mention I had a lot of trouble writing this chapter. I'm not sure why but I just kept changing little things, or removing anything that sounded too awkward and for some reason the formatting of everything became so insanely way off! >.<;; Anyway, to make up for the kinda long wait, I decided to do 3 bonuse pictures! Waah!  They really don't take me long at all, especially in comparison to the amount of time I spend writing a chpater, but I hope you guys like them. ` W ` I have lots more ideas for this adorable couple (Which btw recently had an interaction on IY2 ep 39!!!!!!!!) And if anything seems unclear right now, (as there are still a few muddled parts of the story which is mostly on purpose), I DO plan on clearing them up in future chapters!

Finallly, thanks for the subscriptions!!! I really and truly appreciate the support and interest. Also, I love love love reading any comments you guys leave so please feel free to tell me how you feel about the story so far, or what you'd like to see happen, or even what you think will happen. :)