Outside the Tower

The Clockwork Girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djHXddheQC4&feature=player_embedded#! Background Music

______________________________________________________________________________

"Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon. Look at the mess you made!"

"Sorry umma." The five year old child sniffled trying to keep in her tears. "I really didn't mean to umma! I just wanted some milk!"

The child's mother softly laughed and patted her lovely daughter's soft hair. "Just be careful next time, okay? And ask for Umma's help when you can't!"

"Okay." The child ran up to her mother and snuggled into her mother's arms when the doorbell rang.

"I GOT IT!" The girl giggled as her older brother ran to the door in lightning speed. 

Their mother looked up towards the door curiously. "Who is it Jiwoong-ah?"

"APPA!" both children ran up to jump on top of their loving kind father. The man laughed and groaned under the weight of his kids. Taeyeon's umma stood off in the kitchen shaking her head while chuckling.

"Come on kids, get off your dad."

The kids ran to their mother and sat on her lap, while their dad stretched. Their dad then walked over to his wife and two kids and smiled widely. He engulfed them in a big hug and whispered in his wife's ear. "I love you."

"I HEARD THAT!" Both kids yelled and began laughing as their father tickled them off their mother's lap.

"Stop daddy!" Taeyeon giggled.

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Stop daddy!" and she woke up. "Daddy?" Taeyeon looked around and sighed when she realized she had woken up from a dream. Standing up, she stretched getting herself wide awake. It was very strange for her to fall asleep. She did occassionally since she was in fact human. She looked outside to see people busily moving around just like the day before.

"I wish they would just stop for a bit." After pondering on what she said, she widened her eyes and ran to the door of the tower. "I can stop time." With that, she stepped out onto the streets. Everything went still.

"Yup." Taeyeon giggled.

Taeyeon ran around the streets never losing sight of the tower, and when she came to a certain spot, she stopped.

"The house is gone."

In front of where she now stood., a big mansion was there. It was a beautiful Victorian house with a wide yard and a lovely garden in the front. But Taeyeon didn't like it one bit. She did not like this ginormous mansion that stood where her house had once been. Upset, she walked back towards the tower.And as she passed the streets, an image of what it had been like a few years ago crawled out.

Before things were all renovated, the place had been a small village, so tightly fit together and warm. Everywhere you went, people knew you. It was like one big family. The place that had been once so warm and friendly now seemed cold and new. And this had happened just 10 years ago, right after the day she stepped out of the tower looking for the picture of her mom.

Finally, she reached the doorstep of the tower, and as she opened to door to enter, she felt sad and lonely. So sad and lonely, it was nothing like she had ever felt before. She entered the tower fully and time started running again. She trudged up the staircase and into the top room of the tower. She ran her hands over the gears and gave them a push so they would not ever stop.

"Turning clock gears...turning.." Her voice faded out as tears started freely flowing down her face. She fell to her knees and sobbed loudly.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Hey, did you hear that?" A tall handsome young man asked his friends.

"Here what?" 

"That sobbing sound, from up there!" The man pointed up to the clock.

The young man's friends stared weirdly at him before shaking their heads.

"That clocktower's abandoned, dude."

The young man let a frown take over his strong features. He swore he head the sound of a girl sobbing up that tower. The man looked up once again and just sighed. "Nevermind."

"Well, Mr. Mayor's son, " a tan boy started, "Let's get you ready for the dance tonight. Heard that one hot chick asked you to go with her."

"Every girl is hot to you." Another boy smacked the tan boy's head, and the tan boy yelped.

"HEY..."

"Come on." The young man gave the tower another longing and curious gaze before going with his friends to get ready for the party. "I know I heard sobbing up from inside that tower. I'm going to find out who it is! I will."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Time to eat!" Taeyeon happily said in a sing song voice. "Yum Yum YUMMY!" And just as she was about to bite into her food, a sound from the village outside made her freeze. Music was playing loudly. "Hmm what is that?"

Looking outside her window, she could see that a party was going on. "I want to go!" she shouted, but then realized...she couldn't.

Making up her mind, she pulled out the white dress and ran out to the party. And of course, time had stopped. But Taeyeon didn't care. This was the first party she was going to enjoy it whether or not people could enjoy it with her. She entered the party to see all sorts of people her age in frozen positions. She giggled at some of them and continued to look around.

"OH! A STAGE!" She ran to the stage and started singing her favorite song called If. Her mother had once taught it to her and after, it had been ingraved into her heart.

But while Taeyeon was singing. One person that should have not been able to have any senses working, heard and saw her. He could feel himself frozen, and so were other people. This was all too strange, but as soon as his eyes landed on the one moving figure, his heart started beating rapidly. Who was this girl? He watched as she walked up to the stage and start to sing. Gosh was her voice beautiful...not only was it beautiful, but he swore he heard it somewhere, but where?...THE TOWER! And just as fast as she came in, she left.

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

She was now back in the tower. It was fun; she had to admit, but it she would also admit that a part of her really wished the other people in that room could see her. If only. With that heartbreaking thought, she fell onto the little bed in the corner of the clock room. 

 

_________________________________________________

 

Hey guys...thanks for your suggestions, but I haven't chosen who the guy will be yet. I hope you guys will be okay with the guys I pick since there will be a love triangle. I'm leaning towards Kris and Sehun as our two main guys, but nothing is 100 percent sure. And if the guy you want gets picked as not the main  main but the second main guy, he will have some moments with Taetae later... spoiler? Nah..not really :D