The Clockwork Tower

The Clockwork Girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PJ-dgnK-Ok&feature=related Background music

________________________________________________________________________

"I'm special. No one in this city is like me, no one." Smiling, she twirled around and around. Her soft brown hair trailed behind her like tail feathers as it blew in the soft breeze.

"Look at the stars...they're so beautiful, right umma?" Reaching her small pale hand, she grasped a picture from a shelf above. Holding it out in front of her, he held it out the window. "Umma, the moom and stars. They.." Her words were cut off as the light breeze blew the picture out of her hand. "UMMA!" 

The startled girl dashed down, out of the tower and into the village. Then time stood still. "Whoops." she giggled to herself. "Better find umma." 

Skipping daintily, she walked throught the streets of the city. She looked thtough windows homes and smiled when she saw the frozen people. "Sorry, I'll find umma real quickly and get you guys back on track!"

"La, la, la." she hummed to herself while staring at everything. "It's so late at night, and people are still awake!" Just as she was about to pass the alleyway, a certain figure caught her attention. "Hmm?"

She slowly approached the figure to see a little boy frozen on the floor with tears flowing down his cheek. Sympathizing the small boy, the girl took one of her little fingers and wiped the tear away. As soon as she touched the tear, it unfroze and fell down onto the floor. "Don't cry." She smiled brightly at the boy and turned around to walk down the alley. "Goodbye!" she shouted as though time was not frozen, and the boy could hear her.

"UMMA! There you were." Bending down, she picked up the picture of a lovely lady looking to be in her high 30's. The little girl wiped the picture down and stored it right in her pocket on her jacket. "Nice and cozy. Just like umma." she giggled and skipped back towards the tower.

Just as she was about to enter the tower, she turned and took one last look at the city. "Goodnight." And she entered the tower.

Time began once again.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"Taeyeon...T-A-E-Y-E-O-N. THAT'S MY NAME!" she laughed cheerfully and skipped around the clock gears. "Turning clock gears. Turning clock gears." she smiled brightly and turned to look out the window of her tower.

Below her, people were busily running across trying to get to their jobs, school. or where ever they were going.

"So busy...SORRY ABOUT YESTERDAY NIGHT!" she yelled out. But her yell was lost before it even could reach the ears of the people below her. She pouted and stuck her tongue out. "Mehrong!" Giggling nonstop, she turned to her picture of her umma.

"Umma, I'm so thankful that time is my friend. I'm also glad that I never have to sleep. It would be such a waste of time. Look at them so busy because they couldn't wake up in time! Tsk tsk. Well umma, it does get a little lonely, but YOU'RE HERE!" She grabbed the picture and held it to her chest. "How's heaven umma? Did you and appa meet? I can't wait until I meet you guys there."

Getting a little teared up, the little girl turned to look outside her window once again. "But when my turn ends, and the new clockworker gets chosen....I'll see you guys right? Gosh...."

She just smiled lightly and sat to think of her job, the clockwork girl. "When my time is over, and then when they choose the new worker...I'll get to go to heaven! And there I'll meet mommy and daddy. Oh, and I'll meet friends, a lot of friends, just like the boy that was crying yesterday!"

"I definitely will."

______________________________________________________________________________________________

~10 years later~

"Two more years until I'm twenty." The once young girl was now all grown up into a beautiful woman. She was a very beautiful woman now, feminine and small, yet fierce and proud.

She lightly tucked her hair behind her ear and began twisting the gears like she had been doing all of her life so far. She walked around the room, and a sense of strong solitude flooded the room. Yes, she felt alone. And yes, she was alone. 

Reaching for the drawers that stood in one side of the room, she pulled out a picture along with a beautiful white dress. "I guess I can fit it now." She laughed lightly reminiscing the times when she was younger and how she had tried to fit into the obviously too big dress. But now as she wore it, the dress fit perfectly on her small body.

"Looks gorgeous, Taeyeon-ah." The satisfied 18 year old twirled in her dress and held the picture tight. "How are you umma and appa?" The picture showed a smiling family, so beautiful and complete.

The beautifiul lady placed the picture back inside the drawer and stood at her window.

"Good Morning."

She shifted her feet and closed her big brown eyes as the wind began to blow. The young woman reached her hand out of the window as far as she could. She let the wind blow through her fingers and across her face. She hummed in delight and opened her eyes once again to face the sky. The sky was painted a wonderful light blue, and clouds that looked like cotton balls were spread across the sky.

"Hello time." she whispered. "It's Taeyeon again. Thank you for being with me."

And unknown to the pretty girl above in the tower, for the first time in a century, someone outside of the tower caught a glimpse of a figure up inside the tower.

"Strange." the young man below whispered, "I swear I saw a figure up in that abandoned tower. Strange."

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hey! So here's my new story...this one seriously has me totally inspired. I really like the idea so I will be updating this as much as I can...along with my other stories. I was wondering if this chapter was a little confusing...if it is...please comment to let me know and I will tell you next chaper in the A/N!!! Thank you!