003

Lie to Me Pinocchio

"Hey Sehun" Krystal walked over to Sehun and kissed him on the cheek. Sehun cringed slightly; their relationship was going too fast for him but luckily it did not show on his face.

 
"Hi" Sehun said shortly, now giving Krystal a small smile. Krystal took his hand and walked with him, through the crowded hallway. The other students made way for them, or rather Krystal who was actually extremely popular and well, feared too. 
 
Sehun secretly enjoyed the feeling of being superior to the other students, he enjoyed the fact people would now make way for him and stare at them both with awe. It was a nice change from being ignored and ridiculed from them anyway.
 
They reached the cafeteria and Sehun flung the door open before holding it for Krystal, despite the fact he was all popular now, he still was raised to be a gentlemen. The couple walked familiarly to Krystal's friends who were still flabbergasted at the fact they were dating. 
 
"Yo Sehun!" Luhan smiled cheerfully and moved to make space for them both. Luhan greeted Sehun like an old friend which was pretty ironic but Krystal nudged Sehun to be more polite. 
 
"Hey." Sehun replied, with a forced smile but fortunately Sehun had always been a good actor so his fake smiled wasn't noticed. Luhan strung his arm around Sehun's shoulders and smirked at Sehun.
 
"So we were just talking about you guys." Luhan said casually but with a double meaning. He was clearly urging Sehun to give details about their unexpected relationship but instead Sehun raised his eyebrows.
 
"Oh?" Sehun said in mock surprise. "I hope it's not bad." Krystal let a small cough which might have been hiding a small giggle.
 
"Oh no, nothing like that." Luhan said quickly, not wanting to offend Sehun or Krystal. "Just wondering, how on earth did you guys get together?" Luhan asked in a stage whisper and Sehun knew it was time to say something witty or funny to impress everyone in the group.
 
"Eh, guess it's my good looks or charm." Sehun said cockily and a ripple of laughter from the the guys on the table were heard. Krystal stared at him in a reproachful way but the other girls gave him a slightly awed look.
 
The conversation spurred into a new topic involving Sehun's interests but Sehun knew it would be uncool if he admitted he liked the things he liked including reading or listening to music or even liking watching the city lights of Seoul. So being the coward Sehun was, he changed all his interests to fit in with society.
 
~~
 
"Let's go." Krystal grabbed Sehun's hand and she forcefully dragged an unwilling Sehun to the rooftop. Sehun scowled and complained about her strong grip while attempting to pry off her hands.
 
"Where are we going?" Sehun complained loudly. "My hands hurt." Sehun added unnecessarily. Krystal scoffed and ignored Sehun. 
 
Finally they reached their destination which on the roof on top of the Maths Building and Krystal plopped in the floor of the roof.
 
"I come here when I'm stressed." She admitted. The view was truly soothing, the wind would whip at your clothes and make your hair fly everywhere but it was somewhat comforting. Sehun gazed at the view, drinking in the sight but tore his eyes away to answer Krystal.
 
"Why'd you be stressed?" Sehun asked bitterly. After all, she had it all; looks, popularity, respect and pretty much all Sehun craved and only now began to receive because of Krystal. However, he didn't voice it.
 
"Little things."
 
And a silence engulfed them quickly.
 
 
 
~~
 
"Oh Sehun." Sehun was walking to his class and when he heard someone call out his name he whirled around to face whoever called his name. 
 
Kai faced Sehun with a brooding scowl, his hands in his pockets and he stood a few metres from Sehun who was looking tense. Sehun faced Kai, completely relaxed and raised his eyebrows, gesturing for Kai to continue. 
 
"Yes? How can I help you?" Sehun asked smoothly, he was feeling happy and relaxed after hanging out with Krystal's clique. It gave him a sense of protection and superiority.
 
"Why are you dating Krystal?" Kai said bluntly, getting straight to the point. Sehun, already expecting his question, answered.
 
"Because we both like each other." Sehun gave the typical reply he gave everyone whom asked this question.
 
"Don't lie." Kai rebuked him harshly and pushed him. Sehun caught by surprise, fell onto the concrete floor. "We both know you don't like Krystal, we both know you're using her for her popularity. We both know that you're faking yourself just so you can't fit in with us." Kai stared at Sehun bitterly. "Only I'm not thick enough to notice your antics."
 
Sehun angrily got up and shoved Kai back. "To hell with you, I'm only doing this because I don't want you and your friends bullying me!" Sehun yelled. "Plus, Krystal actually likes me and I'm not stupid enough to break her heart." Kai grabbed Sehun's wrists and stopped Sehun from hitting him any further.
 
"Krystal doesn't like you!" Kai yelled at Sehun and Sehun stopped in surprise. "Have you seriously deluded yourself from thinking Krystal likes you? I've dated Krystal." Kai stopped too and glared at the floor. "I know her type." Kai dropped his voice down to a whisper. "She's a collector; she collects people like trophies.Kai stared at Sehun now.
 
"The reason why Krystal took interest in you was because you didn't take interest in her and Krystal finds pleasure in everyone adoring or fawning after her. Seeing as you were too busy hiding from us instead of fawning over the great Krystal, she decided to collect you too." Kai said bitterly. 
 
A silence descended over them and a dread filled Sehun. 
 
"Why should I believe you?" Sehun said calmly, well more calmly than be felt. Kai gave Sehun a disapproving glare and started walking off.
 
"Because unlike the rest of them, I've never lied to you or hid my true feelings for you Oh Sehun." Kai said, disappearing into the hallway.
 
Sehun closed his eyes as the truth finally sunk in.
 
 
~~
 
Author's Note
I apologise for the slow update; my laptop died so I had to type it out on my iPad and also I've been lazy too, procrastinating and school work D;
I hope you guys enjoy the new chapter and yes, it's true; Krystal never liked Sehun to begin with nor did Sehun like her. 
 
Subscribe and comment ;D