002

Lie to Me Pinocchio

“Wait, what are you saying?” Sehun asked confusedly. Was Krystal Jung seriously asking him out? Was it simply a cruel joke devised to embarrass Sehun in front of his entire class? Krystal was amused by his disbelief and leaned closer to Sehun.

“Do you want to go out with me?” Krystal repeated, with a small smile playing on her lips. Sehun hesitated but stared back at Krystal, attempting to read her expression.

“This isn’t funny.” Sehun said quietly. “This joke you guys play,” Sehun stopped and took a deep breath. “It’s not funny okay? It doesn’t impress anyone but your stupid selves.” Sehun angrily stood up and stormed out of the classroom, his blood pounding in his ears.

He reached the football field and let an angry huff. He tried to control his temper by counting to 10 and finally he regained his breath. He was sick of it all. Krystal tried to play with his feelings just so she could humiliate him on front of the class. Weren’t the guys physically bullying him enough? Did the girls have emotionally bully him as well?

Sehun walked around the football field aimlessly, lost in his train of thought.

“Sehun.” Sehun looked up in alarm; he was so caught up with his thoughts that he didn’t notice a figure coming towards him. It was Kris. “I heard what happened.” Kris continued staring at a random space with his hands shoved in his pockets. “Friendly advice, Krystal wasn’t playing a joke on you; she really wanted to go out with you.” Kris paused, and glanced at Sehun now. Surprise must have shown on Sehun’s face. “And also, if you were to go out with Krystal Jung, it would not only make you more popular.”

Kris looked at Sehun straight in the eye. “It would make the bullies stop.”

Sehun gaped at Kris. Was this it? Would this stop the endless torment happening to him? Would it finally stop? Kris nodded as if he was answering the questions in Sehun’s head.

Sehun nodded back; he had made his decision. He started to walk back but Kris stopped him by grabbing his hand.

“Before you make a decision, promise me one thing” Kris said. “Make sure you stay true to yourself okay?”

~~

The bell rang abruptly but Sehun still went back to the homeroom, his head held up high. He was determined, he was sick of all the bullying and now, it was time for all the bullying to stop, but that was if what Kris said was true.

To his surprise, Krystal was waiting for him with a bunch of friends standing next to her. She smirked as Sehun walked to her.

“So?” Krystal asked, already knowingly the answer.

“Okay.” Came Sehun’s reply.

~~   

Sehun and Krystal walked together, their hands linked, it was painfully noticeable but Sehun could not deny he was enjoying the attention he received. People stared almost hungrily at the new couple and Sehun spotted Kai fuming to his general amusement. Luhan was surprised as any spectator but he wasn’t as mad as Kai was.

Sehun searched for Kris but he was merely looking blank and not one bit surprised at all, which wasn’t really surprising to begin with. Krystal followed his gaze and found Kris sitting on a table which was typically filled with his bullies.
Krystal led Sehun to the table which Kris was sitting at to his horror and Sehun tried to pry her firm hand off without success.

“Come on,” She hissed, dragging him. Sehun tried to refuse but she was actually really strong, well for a skinny girl like her anyway. Krystal finally succeeded in dragging Sehun to the table and they say down together.

The people who were already sitting down looked interestedly at both Sehun and Krystal, gazing from one to another.

“Wow. Who knew?” Xiumin mused and the others nodded in agreement but Sehun stared at them coldly. He had not forgotten so easily.

“Yeah, definitely the most unlikely couple of the year.” Luhan added unnecessarily and Sehun shot him a steely gaze which made Luhan look away immediately. But Sehun was surprised, why was he now cowering when in the morning he was bullying him.
Sehun choose the seat next to Kris and slid over.

“Hello.” Sehun greeted the emotionless Kris. Kris glanced at Sehun briefly before continuing his blank stare.

“Oh hi” Kris replied shortly. Seeing as Kris didn’t say anything nor was he interested in saying anything, Sehun slid over back to Krystal.

“So, now what Krystal?” Sehun asked. Krystal twitched as if disturbed by a troublesome fly buzzing around her.

“Call me Soojung.” Krystal muttered disdainfully

“What?”

“I said call me Soojung.” Krystal repeated, more loudly now. “My real name is Jung Soojung.” 

Instead of saying something witty or clever, Sehun said something that probably wasn’t any of those things. “Oh. Okay.” Sehun muttered. “Soojung; Jung Soojung.”

A real smile, not a smirk appeared on Soojung’s face. 

~~ 

Author's Note
The first two chapters are admittedly boring but I think it's pretty vital to understand what happened before their relationship. Also, take notice how Sehun calls Krystal Soojung, it's pretty important I reckon. 

PS: Sorry for not updating so soon, I was really lazy this week and I wasn't really motivated either. 

And thanks to all my subscribers and commentors. Your comments make my day ^^