001

Lie to Me Pinocchio

School. Or was it hell? Sehun despised the term ‘school’ with every fiber of his body and he hated the place even more if possible. It wasn’t really the overwhelming amount of workload given to him that made Sehun hate school; although he did admit he didn’t like it nor was it the boringness of his teacher’s drawling tones.

It was rather the people who inhabited his hell itself; it was his personal devils which made school his living hell.

Sehun almost cringed as he stepped closer to the grey large building in front of him, even the building itself made the school already an unpleasant place. Yet, truly he didn’t mind, well at least compared to the treatment he received from his devils; his bullies.
He reached the building and his breathing quickened slightly before he bowed his head extremely low, so his vision was covered, well at least he couldn’t see people’s faces and he hoped they couldn’t see his either.

Making his way to the hallways, he reached his locker and hastily breathed a sigh of relief before he opened his locker, quickly shoving his books inside and taking other books out. Sehun put all his books in his bag and locked his locker quickly. He mentally sighed in relief and thought perhaps no one would come to torment him yet.

But of course, fate always seemed to play tricks on him.

“Oh look, it’s Sehun.” Sehun heard the familiar jeers of his nemesis; Kai and suddenly felt an abrupt and harsh shove onto his back, slamming Sehun into his locker. Sehun fell onto the floor, his head throbbing from the impact he received when he was pushed into the locker. Sehun looked up, clutching his head and groaning quietly. Kai stood there smirking heavily, surrounded by his cronies also sneering at Sehun.
Sehun stood up, his legs buckling slightly and he doubt anyone noticed, or at least he hoped so; he couldn’t afford to show weakness; especially to someone like Kai. Then Sehun tried walking away but he was pushed back by Luhan.

“Leaving so soon?” Lu Han sneered, and Sehun felt an urge to punch him but he was clever enough to not do so. “We were just getting started.” Luhan added and the others laughed mockingly before menacingly staring at Sehun.
Just to prove his point, Luhan slammed his palm of his hand against Sehun’s crown and Sehun hissed in pain, his head bowed down low. The pain caused moisture to appear in his eyes but Sehun blinked them back, he could not afford to show weakness.
Sehun clenched his jaw tightly and stood straighter before he pushed past his cronies with more force than he intended but he didn’t really mean it; his anger got better of him.

However, somehow Sehun’s push was stronger than he expected and Sehun had somehow managed to push Kai onto the floor by accident. Kai got up, his body trembling in anger and he was literally seething in anger.

“Oh Sehun, you’re going to die.”  Kai seethed. Sehun ignored Kai and walked away from him. For a second nothing happened and Sehun almost believed Kai would leave him alone; almost. A blow towards Sehun’s head sent Sehun smashing onto the floor. Sehun winced, he was sure there was going to be a bruise; on his chin or maybe his head.
Sehun looked up and saw Kai raising his fist. Sehun shut his eyes tightly, waiting for the impact to come. But it never did.

Kris was standing next to Kai, his hand clenching on Kai’s fist. “I think that’s enough.” He said quietly, not even looking at either of them. Kai glared at Sehun and twisted his fist out of Kris’s grip, before walking away from Kris. Sehun got up and walked away with as much dignity he could muster but it really wasn’t much.

As Sehun walked away from the scene he knew he should have thanked Kris but he didn’t; he had been bullied for years and finally now a senior stepped in? He should have done so years ago, instead of just now.

However the bell rang and the thoughts of the latter vanished out of his mind as he hurried off to his class.

~~

After the blur of his classes, it was lunchtime and Sehun was sitting in his homeroom class with the rest of his class eating. They sat together, eating and talking with the obvious exception of Sehun who sat by himself. However, Sehun preferred being in class because most of the people who bullied him were seniors and older than him. Kai was the only one in his class that bullied him.

Sehun who was lost in his own thoughts did not notice someone sitting down on the table he sat down on. When he realized, his first instinct thought it was Kai who had come to torment Sehun but he was wrong.

Krystal sat down on the table and gave Sehun a million-watt bright smile. Sehun gave her a curious but cold stare. Perhaps it was a bit rude towards her but Sehun knew better; Krystal was one of the popular girls. She was pretty admittedly but rather haughty and arrogant, a typical trait in the more popular people.

Krystal was unfazed by Sehun’s cold greeting; in fact she seemed to be amused by it. “Hi Sehun,” Krystal smiled once more. Sehun glanced around the room and everyone seemed as perplexed as Sehun felt. Kai look downright furious.

“Have you come to insult me Krystal?” Sehun said, narrowing his eyes at her and taking in her cool state. Krystal’s smirk grew bigger.

“No, I came here to ask you a question.” Krystal replied. Sehun’s coldness towards her disappeared as he stared at her confused. Krystal paused. “You wanna go out?”


Author's Note
Quick update.