Yellow & Purple Lady Slippers

The Flower Boy

 

 
 
~*{Chapter Six: Yellow & Purple Lady Slippers}*~
 
 

 

~*~

 
 
 
Three weeks have passed and so far Kyungsoo has been blessed with seeing the Chocolate Cosmos and the Franklin tree. Now, to Kyungsoo's amazement, they were in Europe to see the Yellow & Purple Lady Slippers.
 
Kyungsoo  was simply floored when he entered his new shared hotel room at Courthouse Doubletree hotel in London. He has come to the conclusion that either Baekhyun was a son of a rich family or that the young one simply had connections- both of which he did not want to confirm or even ask about.
 
"Why do I feel like I am always dreaming....?" Kyungsoo wondered out loud as he let his eyes scan the room. The floor was covered in a soft brown carpet that matched the walls. The bed was white with splashes of  light brown and black to match the decorations that hung about. The huge balcony window held white drapes where the sunlight danced through them and lit the whole room up.
 
Baekhyun walked in and let out a small laugh when he saw Kyungsoo's eyes widened in shock. He sat their bags by the door and walked over to the shorter one and swooped him up off the floor in one big, effortless motion.
 
"B-Baekhyun!" gasped Kyungsoo as his hands instinctively flew out to wrap around the taller one's neck. 
 
"You are so light...." mumbled Baekhyun as he locked gazes with the shorter one and watched as that lovely pink tint spread through Kyungsoo's cheeks.
Baekhyun brought their lips together as he slowly made his way to the bathroom. 
 
Baekhyun sat Kyungsoo gently onto the counter near the sink as he deepened the kiss. Kyungsoo didn't have time to notice the extravagant bathroom they were in as his mind seemed occupied about the the pair of lips that were pressed into his.
 
His hands rested onto Baekhyun's chest and he lightly gripped at the taller one's shirt as Baekhyun pressed into him. His heart began hammering against his chest, but in a way that was sweet rather than painful. 
 
Baekhyun felt Kyungsoo whimper against his lips and he pulled back to allow the shorter one some air as he turned to draw the bath. 
 
"Baekhyun......?" Kyungsoo called softly and watched as the taller filled the granite bath tub. With a flick of the wrist, he turned the faucet off once it had filled up high enough. 
 
"Yes, my love? " Baekhyun asked softly as he turned back to Kyungsoo and cupped the shorter one's face.
 
"Are we....um....I-I......" Baekhyun watched as Kyungsoo's face flourished with a rosy red color as the shorter one's eyes lowered. Kyungsoo tugged softly onto the hem of his shirt as he drowned in his silent thoughts.
 
Baekhyun could see the shyness flickering in Kyungsoo's lowered eyes and he titled Kyungsoo's face up gently- making the shorter one look at him. " What is it, Kyungsoo?"
 
Kyungsoo bit down onto his lip as he continued to fidget with the end of his shirt. " Are we.....going to take a bath together....?"
 
When he heard no reply, he looked back up to Baekhyun- only to be gifted with a soft smile.
 
"I'm sorry, did you want me to leave?" Baekhyun asked softly.
 
Kyungsoo gripped onto Baekhyun's forearm and shook his head. "N-No....I want to...with you...."
 
Baekhyun leaned down to capture Kyungsoo's lips once more as he intertwined their fingers. "You do not have to force yourself. If you are uncomfortable with the idea then-"
 
"I-I'm not!" Kyungsoo insisted, only to shrink back with embarrassment at his sudden outburst. 
 
A bright smile graced Baekhyun's lips as he peppered Kyungsoo's face with soft, sweet kisses. "Alright then." 
 
Baekhyun pulled back and shrugged out of his shirt first. Kyungsoo caught glimpse of his milky upper body and immediately averted his eyes as his cheeks burned. A small laugh escapes Baekhyun's lips as he cupped Kyungsoo's face and brought their lips together once more.
 
"It is just me, Kyungsoo. You do not need to feel shy." 
 
Kyungsoo cupped Baekhyun's face as he placed a soft kiss onto the taller one's lips. "It is because it's you that I feel shy."
 
Shock flickered in Baekhyun's eyes when he heard the words and when he was blessed with the unexpected kiss. He placed his hands over Kyungsoo's as he crushed their lips together, with a force that was new to Kyungsoo.
 
Kyungsoo's hands flew to grip at the counter to keep himself from falling back as Baekhyun leaned into him. His heart flew when he felt the taller one bite and nibble softly onto his bottom lip. A loud gap escaped his lips uncontrollably and his eyes fluttered open in shock when he felt something warm and wet slip between his lips. He felt Baekhyun's arms wrap around his waist as he was pulled closer to deepen the kiss further. A warm hazy feeling glossed over Kyungsoo as he rested his hands onto Baekhyun's bare chest and allowed his eyes to flutter close in pleasure. 
 
When Baekhyun pulled back, his own face was equally flushed as they both panted with their lips only a centimeter away. Baekhyun's eyes moved from Kyungsoo's lips up to the shorter one's eyes and they locked gazes- sharing a moment that cannot be put into words. 
 
How they eventually ended taking a bath -Kyungsoo did not know. His mind had been hazy through all the passionate wet kisses and soft whimpers. It had flown by so fast that Kyungsoo was unsure if he experienced it all because he was too caught up in the blinding pleasure from the kisses.
 
After the bath, Baekhyun had insisted for Kyungsoo to get dressed in nice clothes, but the taller one was no sure why. However, he did not question it and did as Baekhyun had asked.
 
"Baekhyun...?" Kyungsoo called out softly as his vision blackened. He felt a soft, silken material cover his eyes as something was tied around his head.
 
"I have a surprise waiting for you. Here, just take my hand." Baekhyun murmured softly as he slipped his fingers Inbetween Kyungsoo's.
 
"A-Alright....." Kyungsoo replied and after he received a soft peck on the lips, he allowed Baekhyun to lead him from the the room.
 
It took a few moments before Baekhyun came to a stop and Kyungsoo felt himself being pushed down onto something. After feeling it, he noticed it was a chair. He couldn't help but wonder where Baekhyun had brought him as he heard some shuffling going on near him.
 
"Baekhyun....? When can I take the blindfold off?" Kyungsoo called softly. 
 
"Alright. You can take it off. " Baekhyun called and Kyungsoo reached up to untie the blindfold. His heart fluttered at the sight before him. 
 
They were out on the terrace and candles laid lit all around him. White and red rose petals laid scattered everywhere and the table was set with an extravagant dinner. The small white lights hung around them and gave a soft glow to the setting and Kyunsoo couldn't believe his eyes. His heart swelled at the sight and he looked at Baekhyun , who was sitting across from him, with nothing but utter shock in his eye.
 
"Did you...do all of this for me....?" Kyungsoo breathed as he froze in his position. Baekhyun smiled softly and that smile sent Kyungsoo's heart fluttering.
 
"Well, I had some help from the staff and Kris as well...." Baekhyun mumbled as he gave a shy smile.
 
"Why would you....for me...?"
 
"Because I love you. "  Baekhyun answered back softly and Kyungsoo could see that the taller one was speaking the truth. His lips pulled up into a smile as he gazed softly at Kyungsoo.
 
 
That's when Kyungsoo saw it. That smile Baekhyun showed him from across the table showed him everything. He saw how it all would have been different if he wasn't dying. He would have lived happily with Baekhyun and he knew this because Baekhyun felt right. Kyungsoo knew that Baekhyun was his other half and every particle of him reacted to the other. The birthdays, the Christmases...everything...He saw it all and a new feeling awoke inside of him. For the first time, he wanted it all. He wanted to continue to grow with Baekhyun. He wanted to always remain in the taller one's arms. He wanted to smile, to laugh, to cry, and to share kisses with the other one.  He wanted to live. For the first time in his entire life, he wanted to live.
 
Kyungsoo couldn't stop the tears that spilled over as Baekhyun gazed at him with a loving state.
 
"K-Kyungsoo?? What is wrong, my love? Are you in pain?" Baekhyun squeaked as he bolted from his chair and made his way over to Kyungsoo. He knelt down to look up at the shorter one and Kyungsoo just shook his head as he wiped at his tears harshly- but he continued to wipe as they would not cease to fall.
 
"I-I'm not in pain..." Kyungsoo mumbled through his tears and Baekhyun began rubbing soft circles on the shorter one's thigh- trying his best to sooth him.
 
"What is wrong, love? I cannot do anything if you do not tell me what's wrong." Baekhyun murmured softly as he reached up and stopped Kyungsoo's hands from blocking the shorter one's eyes. Kyungsoo's pale face was flourished with a red color due to his intense crying and tears continued to spill from his eyes as he gazed down at Baekhyun. He sniffed as his body shook and when Baekhyun tried to return a soft smile, Kyungsoo cried even harder.
 
"I am afraid. I d-don't want to die....I don't want to....I want to stay with you because If I die it means I won't get to see you anymore. I won't get to hug you. Or kiss you. I won't get to hear you call me 'love' or feel your fingers tangled with mine. I won't get to see your smile and I won't get...I won't get to love you anymore," Kyungsoo yelled through his sobs and Baekhyun could feel an uncomfortable knot form in his throat as the tears brimmed in his own eyes. ", I love you Baekhyun. I know that I am not good for you and that I am dying, but I love you. I know that I don't deserve to love you, but I do. My heart is not good, but I love you." 
 
Baekhyun's own tears started to fall as he cupped the shorter one's face gently. He brought their lips together for a messy kiss and pulled back with tears running down both their faces. "I know, my love, I know. Your heart is perfect and I love you. I love you with my whole heart and I do not wish to see you like this. "
 
Kyungsoo cried even harder as he intertwined his fingers with Baekhyun's- never wanting to let go, but knowing that he'd have to once his time would come. "I am afraid to die..."
 
Baekhyun nodded as he choked out sobs and wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo's waist. "I know, I know. I will be by your side till your heart stops and even then- you'll have my heart. No matter what the future holds and even after- you will always have my heart and love. Do Kyungsoo, I love you. I love you, so don't be afraid. Let me deal with that and just concentrate on my love for you. "
 
"B-But Baekhyun....." started Kyungsoo, but the taller one pressed their lips together as he picked Kyungsoo up bridal style and turned to head back up to the hotel room- leaving the perfect, happy dinner setting untouched while the candles blew out from the night time summer winds. 
 
 
~*~
 
Kyungsoo was laid gently on the bed as Baekhyun hovered over top of him without their lips parting even for a second. The ovewhelming love and the heart-breaking desperation could be felt as they exchanged salty kisses. Kyungsoo forgot about everything as his heart and mind filled with thoughts of Baekhyun and only Baekhyun. He reached up and lightly twisted his fingers in Baekhyun's hair as the taller one pressed into him. Baekhyun used one hand and hitched Kyungsoo's leg onto his hip as he began to bit softly onto Kyungsoo's bottom lip. A small, low gasp left Kyungsoo as he parted his lips- allowing Baekhyun to explore his mouth deeper. He shuddered as every corner of his mouth went untouched and Baekhyun hummed in the kiss. Baekhyun used his other hand to hitch Kyungsoo's other knee above the opposite side of his waist as he pressed into the shorter one. When his lungs burned due to lack of oxygen he pulled back- only to have Kyungsoo lock his legs around taller one's waist. 
 
The tears never seemed to stop as Kyungsoo whimpered against Baekhyun lips. "I love you, Baekhyun. Don't leave me..."
 
The plead was a simple request and Baekhyun's heart dropped when he heard it. He wanted to say the same sentence , but he knew that what is inevitable is most cruely inevitable. It almost killed him to not say the same words back, but he didn't want to drown the shorter one into further despair. "I love you too, Kyungsoo. I love you so much and there are no words in the world that can show you the extent of my love."
 
The rest of the night, the two didn't seperate for fear of the other disappearing. Words of love were whispered as they clung onto each other. Skin-to-skin; heart-to-heart. The kisses and the feeling of each other's touches were overwhelming as they proved their love to each other in the best way they knew how to. Their bodies clashed as sounds of love filled the air and hidden beneath all of that was death- making fast and steady steps towards the one who's time is almost up.
 
 
~*~
 
Kyungsoo awoke to Baekhyun's soft snore that echoed through the room. He let his eyes adjust to the darkness and noticed that they had both passed out without putting their clothes back on. A soft blush crept it's way to Kyungsoo's lips as he glanced  down at their intertwined bodies. He wiggled softly and whimpered as the pain shot through him. It was a new pain, but it was one he didn't mind so much. He eyes landed on Baekhyun's face when he heard a soft cry leave the taller one's lips. He thought Baekhyun had woken up, but it appears at the taller one was having a nightmare. Despite the pain, Kyungsoo scooted closer to place a soft kiss on Baekhyun's lips and that's when he heard it.
 
"Don't leave Kyungsoo....." Baekhyun cried out softly and Kyungsoo felt as if someone had ripped out his heart. Baekhyun was suffering, but in a way that was more silent compared to Kyungsoo's. A new wave of tears found Kyungsoo when he realized that he was hurting Baekhyun in ways where the scar will take years to even fade. He reached up and brushed away the few fallen tears as he placed a soft kiss on Baekhyun's eyelid.
 
"Don't worry...after all of this...it will be as if we never met...." Kyungsoo promised softly as he pulled the blankets to cover both  of them and snuggled into Baekhyun- allowing the darken sleep consume him.
 
 
~*~
 
The happiness and shock shown brightly in Kyungsoo's eyes as he gazed down at the Yellow Lady Slippers that bloomed before him. The sun danced off the yellow bright petals and just a foot away grew the purple ones.  He was overwhelmed with joy as he squatted down to get closer to the flower.
 
"Turn this way, love, so that I can get another picture. " Baekhyun called out and Kyungsoo did exactly that as Baekhyun held the camera ready. After the click was heard, Baekhyun pulled back with a small smie and once again, Kris cleared his throat.
 
"I'm afraid it's time to leave now." Kris called softly and Baekhyun gave a nod as Kyungsoo stood up. 
 
"Baek, don't you think-" started Kyunsoo, but then his illness came striking back- reminding him of reality. This time was unlike any other time as Kyungsoo completely slipped into the darkness as the pain shot through him, the last thing he saw before going unconscious was the heart-shattering fear laced into Baekhyun's features as the taller one called out to him with an ear-piercing cry.
 
 
~*~