Koki'o (Part 2)

The Flower Boy

 

 

~*{ Chapter Four: Koki'o }*~

 


 

~*~

Baekhyun awoke to the sound of a loud cry. He bolted up in a frantic state as he scooted over to where Kyungsoo writhed in pain. 

"I'm here, Kyungsoo, I'm here..." Baekhyun murmmured as he Kyungsoo's cheek softly. He could see the shorter one's face twisted in pain due to the moonlight that seeped through the hotel curtains.

"Baek-?" Kyungsoo whimpered as he rolled over to his side and gripped at the sheets helplessly. Baekhyun could feel the fear course through him as he rubbed Kyungsoo's back- doing everything he could to try to take the pain away, but there was nothing he could do. Absolutely nothing.

Kyungsoo's breathing started getting shallower and Baekhyun turned to go get Kris, but he felt a weak tug at the hem of his shirt. He stopped and turned backed to Kyungsoo. 

Kyungsoo couldn't speak, but he didn't have to for Baekhyun to know that the older one wanted him to stay. Baekhyun  reached his hand out towards Kyungsoo and intertwined their fingers. Kyungsoo gripped at Baekhyun's hand in desperation as the pain seemed so much more worse than the previous times.

It took a couple minutes for the pain to pass and when it did, Kyungsoo's hair was plastered to his face in sweat. His chest heaved up and down as he tried to draw in breaths of air through his parted lips. When his body calmed down he glanced up at the boy who had been by his side during the whole thing- only to see tears streaming down Baekhyun's cheeks.

He reached up and weakly brushed away Baekhyun's tears as he forced a small smile. "It's alright...."

His voice was hoarse and Baekhyun could hear the weakness in his words. He leaned down and nuzzled his face into the crook of Kyungsoo's neck as he tried to slow his heart that was beating too fast due to fear- a type of fear he's never experienced before.

"Take my heart...." he mummbled and it only earned a sad, light laugh from Kyungsoo.

"How silly of you to say such a thing. Even if it were possible, I wouldn't even dream of doing such a thing."

Baekhyun didn't reply to that because in all honesty- Kyungsoo had already done it. He had taken Baekhyun's heart- but in the way where Kyungsoo- and nothing but Kyungsoo- filled the spaces. He could have laughed at the dreariness of it all, but that would've seemed so out of place at the moment. 

Kyungsoo hummed softly as he repeatedly ran his fingers through Baekhyun's hair- who was still curled into his side. 

"You smell of Gardenia...." mumbled Kyungsoo and Baekhyun raised his head to look at the shorter one.

"Pardon?"

"You smell like the Gardenia flower....You smell sweet. Very sweet."

A small smile appeared on Baekhyun's lips. "How funny. I was just thinking that you smelled of Tulips."

"Do you know what Tulips symbolize?"

Baekhyun frowned as he shook his head. "I'm afraid I don't. I haven't got the slightest clue."

"It's a decleration of love." Kyungsoo said and watched as a pink colour flourished Baekhyun's cheeks. Kyungsoo reached up and brushed a loose strand from Baekhyun's eyes as he smiled up at the younger one.

They locked gazes. One of no words, but of so many emotions. The regret of not finding each other sooner, but the extreme gratitude of being with each other in the present. 

"Do you have a favorite flower?" Baekhyun asked softly as he Kyungsoo's cheek gently. The older one seemed to glow in the moonlight and Baekhyun was using every possible method to distract his mind from his fluttering heart.

"Forget-me-nots. They are quite lovely. Do you have a favorite flower?"

"To be quite honest with you, I have never really favored a certain flower before I met you. However, now after meeting you, I'm starting to like tulips. Sweet peas as well." Baekhyun answered and Kyungsoo felt his cheeks burn as the younger one gazed down at him with a loving expression. He didn't have to ask to know. He knew that look in Baekhyun's eyes and the only thing that prevented him from returning that look was his dying heart.

"Baekhyun...." Kyungsoo breathed and Baekhyun saw the sadness that washed over Kyungsoo's beautiful features.

He leaned down and despite every fiber in his body telling him otherwise- he planted a soft kiss on Kyungsoo's lips. When he pulled back, he smiled softly down at the shopkeeper.

"Do not say it. I know. I know what you wish to say, but don't."

"Baekhyun...please. I don't think I can do this. My time is ticking and it is not good for you to be with me. I am  not good for you. I am dying."

Baekhyun leaned down and placed a soft kiss on Kyungsoo's chest- right over the shorter one's heart. " You are more than good. You are extraordinary. "

Kyungsoo sighed as he cupped Baekhyun's face and brought their foreheads together. He gazed up into the taller one's eyes as his dying heart fluttered. "Baekhyun....a flower cannot grow without light..."

Baekhyun shook his head and placed a soft kiss on Kyungsoo's nose. "I will be your light. If it is time you lack, then allow me to make up for the missing minutes. Do not question yourself anymore. Wether you are good or not isn't just for you to decided. Wether I do this or not is also not just for you to decided.Wether I love you or not is definetly and absolutely not for you to decided."

Baekhyun's last few words sent Kyungsoo's doubts and fears out the window. Kyungsoo closed his eyes in attempts to gain back any reason he could find- but he could find none. Logic and reasonable thoughts did not go hand-in-hand when it concered Baekhyun. When he felt a pair of soft warm lips press against his own, he allowed his eyes to flutter open as he gazed back with the same loving stare that Baekhyun shown towards him. The same stare that allowed Kyungsoo's heart to bloom completely.

 

~*~