Girbraltar Campion

The Flower Boy

 

 
 
 
~*{Chapter Nine: Gibraltar Campion }*~
 
 

 

~*~

 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo sat silently staring at the silver band on his finger as he waited for the bath tub to fill up. Fatigue and extreme exhaustion was creeping into his bones and he knew death would come knocking any day now.
 
He glanced up and locked into his reflection in the pristine, golden mirror that hung on the hotel bathroom wall- noticing the extreme color loss. 
 
He looked sick. The rosy color that normally flourished his cheeks had faded into a pasty, white color and his rosy lips now took on a dullish pink.
 
He was wilting. 
 
He was dying.
 
"Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun's voice called softly from the other side of the door and almost by pure habit now, Kyungsoo's lips pulled up into a dazzling smile.
 
"It is open. Come in." 
 
The door softly squeaked open as the taller one whisked in with a change of clothes and fresh towels.
 
"How are you feeling, my love?" Baekhyun asked as he set the clothes and towels down before turning to flick the tub faucet off.
 
Baekhyun saw the same signs of death as Kyungsoo did, but the shorter one knew that Baekhyun was trying so hard to ignore them. 
 
"I am alright- now that you are here." Kyungsoo beamed sweetly as he locked his arms tightly around the taller one's waist- afraid to let go. 
 
A gentle laugh, with a small hint of bitterness, left Baekhyun's lips as he leaned down to capture the shorter one's lips for a sweet kiss. His eyes flickered with so many emotions and it pained Kyungsoo even more to see the turmoil show so openly and distinctively.
 
No words were spoken after that as the two stripped down and climbed into the warm bath together- Baekhyun with his back against the tiles and Kyungsoo snuggled up into him.
 
The skin to skin contact seemed to warm Kyungsoo's unusually cold body and a contented sigh left his lips as he placed a soft kiss on the taller one's chest- right over the heart.
 
Baekhyun lifted his fingers, dripping with fresh warm water, and ran them gently through Kyungsoo's damp hair before placing a soft kiss on the shorter one's temple.
 
"Are you looking forward to seeing the Gibraltar Campion?"
 
Kyungsoo pulled back to beam up at the taller one as he nodded. "Yes! I am looking forward to it!"
 
Baekhyun grinned back as he pinched the shorter one's cheeks lightly- bringing a faint, but still noticeable , pink to Kyungsoo's cheeks. "Then I am glad. Also, is there anything in particular that you want? Some sort of item ? Or trinket? "
 
Kyungsoo's eyes glazed over with confusion as he stared up at the taller one. "Why are you asking? "
 
"Because Christmas is just a few days away, love."
 
The shorter one's eyes widen in shock. "Why, yes it it, but I couldn't possibly ask you for something! Instead, it should be me who gives you a present!"
 
Baekhyun's lips pulled down into a frown as he locked his arms around Kyungsoo's submerged waist. "Why do you say such a thing?"
 
"Because I have received so much from you. " Kyungsoo answered back softly as his lips pushed out into a slight pout that the taller he found cute.
 
"This is just a part of me loving you. So do not see the financial side of anything I do for you- rather just ignore it all and simply enjoy it. Now, are you sure there isn't anything you wish to have?"
 
Kyungsoo bit on his bottom lip as he leaned into the taller one and wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's neck gently.
 
He placed a soft kiss on the taller one's neck as he nuzzled into him- taking in his sweet, floral scent. 
 
"I just want you. I do not care about materialist things or even where in the world we are at- as long as I am with you." Kyungsoo murmured softly as his lips rested against the taller one's neck.
 
Baekhyun released his arms from Kyungsoo's waist and cupped the shorter one's face- making their eyes lock in the process.
 
They gazed lovingly into each other's eyes as Baekhyun repeatedly Kyungsoo's cheek gently with his thumbs. 
 
He flashed a small smile before capturing the shorter one's lips for a sweet, soft kiss and Kyungsoo couldn't help but smile. 
 
Kyungsoo suddenly put extra pressure in the kiss and although Baekhyun was initially shock, it only took a few moments for the heat and passion to arise.
 
Soft mewls and shivers escaped Kyungsoo's dull lips as Baekhyun teasingly ran his finger tips down the shower one's back- enjoying the soft touch.
 
Kyungsoo broke the kiss just seconds later and locked gazes with Baekhyun as small gasps escaped him. 
 
"I want you." Kyungsoo repeated and Baekhyun didn't miss the alternative meaning in the way the shorter one had said it.
 
He left a small, chaste kiss on Kyungsoo's lips before quickly and swiftly climbing from the bathtub. He bent down and swooped the shorter one from the tub as well, slamming their lips together, before stumbling his way out into the bed room- ignoring the still filled tub.
 
He gently laid Kyungsoo down, both still dripping wet, before he climbed to hover over top him.  
 
Their lips met in a desperate frenzy and they joined together, skin-to-skin and heart-to-heart, knowing that it may very well be the last time they could connect so deeply.
 
Kyungsoo knew that his tomorrows were scarce and uncertain- but each moment was a gift and he felt blessed, even with the uncertainty of death lurking around in the nearby shadows.
 
The moments spent with Baekhyun were gifts- which was why it was called the present.
 
But to Kyungsoo, an even greater blessing was to love and be loved back.
 
Because Baekhyun loves Kyungsoo.
 
And Kyungsoo loved Baekhyun.
 
 
~*~
 
 
The soft snores echoed throughout the silent and dead air as the moonlight seeped through their light orange curtains.
 
 Knowing that Baekhyun was asleep, Kyungsoo silently placed a soft kiss on the taller one's lips and gently slipped out of bed.
 
His body felt heavy, but he ignored it as he slipped on a pair of grey shorts and a white oversized T-shirt.
 
He silently crept to the door, but stopped to glance back at his lover and a bright smile dance across his lips as he gazed at Baekhyun's peaceful sleeping face.
 
Kyungsoo slipped out from the hotel room and crossed the hall to Kris's room. He lifted his fist, but chewed on his bottom lip- frozen with his hand held in mid air.
 
He wasn't too sure if what he was doing was the right thing, but he loved Baekhyun and even if other's didn't agree- there was just things that Kyungsoo had to get done.
 
A soft sigh left his lips as he knocked gently on the cardiothorastic surgeon's door. 
 
Just moments later, the hotel door swung open to reveal a dazed and shocked Kris. The taller male stared down at him with wide eyes as he flashed a uncertain smile.
 
"Hello, Kyungsoo. Is there something you need from me?" Kris asked gently and Kyungsoo nodded as the nervousness sunk in. 
 
Kris watched patiently as Kyungsoo fiddled with the hem of his shirt and after a few moments, the shorter one took a deep breath.
 
"I'm deeply sorry for bothering you at this time of night, but I need to speak to you alone. Do you mind?"
 
Confusion and even curiosity sparked in Kris's eyes as he nodded and stepped aside.
 
"Not at all. Come on in." 
 
Kyungsoo nodded and slipped in to the identical room that matched his and Baekhyun's room.
 
Kris closed the door gently and flicked on the lights before taking a seat at the nearby mini couch. He motioned to the Chair across from him when he spotted Kyungsoo standing awkwardly.
 
"Please, take a seat."
 
Kyungsoo took another deep breath as he took the seat and Kris waited patiently for the shorter one to speak.
 
"First.....I would like to ask you...." Kyungsoo mumbled as his eyes lowered to the floor.
 
"Ask me what exactly?"
 
 
"....How long?" Kyungsoo's voice came out in a whisper and It took a Kris a few seconds before realization seeped into his features.
 
"I was asked not to tell you." Kris replied softly.
 
Kyungsoo nodded as he locked gazes with the taller one. "I figured he would do as such, but Kris, I need to know. It is me who is dying...I deserve to know."
 
Kris let out a sigh as he leaned back into the sofa and ran his fingers through his hair- obviously struggling to make the right choice. A long exhale let Kyungsoo know he had won,
 
"You do not have that long. Your condition is worsening by the second and I'm surprised you have enough energy to sit here, but I can clearly see the toll it is taking on you. If you want my professional word, you only have about a week or so."
 
Silence befell them and Kris watched sadly as Kyungsoo's bottom lip trembled as the shorter one took in the information. 
 
Kyungsoo swallowed hard, fighting back the tears, as he nodded slowly. He had guessed that his time was drawing near, but hearing it from Kris made it all the more real.
 
Kyungsoo drew in a shaky breath as he gripped at the bottom half of his shirt. "So, I will not make it by Christmas?"
 
"I do not know as much, but from what it seems, there is a possibility for you to make it till Christmas, however after that....into the new year...."
 
Kris' voice had somehow transcended into a whisper and he found that his own voice was quivering from the heart breaking news. Kyungsoo nodded slowly once more.
 
"I-I figured as much....."
 
"Why did you ask?"
 
"Because I have a favor to ask of you? Well quite some favors. I know it is selfish of me to do so, but I am begging you to help me- as my dying wish."
 
Kris pursed his lips in thought before he nodded. "What favors exactly?"
 
"Before I request anything from you- I want to ask a very personal, but serious, question. "
 
"Go ahead."
 
"Do you by chance hold some sort of affection for Baekhyun deeper than that of friends?"
 
 
Silence befell them as Kris tensed up and Kyungsoo could see the panic and raw motions flicker in his eyes- his normal composure breaking from that one sentence.
 
"N-No! I c-couldn't possibly.....he is yours." Kris replied back and Kyungsoo flashed a small smile as he shook his head- locking gazes with the taller one.
 
" I can see through you. I am not angry and to be frankly honest, I am glad ." Kyungsoo mumbled back and Kris could see that the shorter one's smile did not reach his eyes but the sincerity was there.
 
"Glad?"
 
"Yes. It means that he will not be alone when my time comes. Which leads me to my request of you."
 
Kris nodded slowly as he took in the shorter one's words and leaned in. 
 
Kyungsoo's heart fluttered as he inhaled and exhaled- what he was about to ask was unthinkable, but he needed to- for Baekhyun's sake.
 
 
 
~*~
 
 
Baekhyun's eyes flickered with anxiety as they continued to walk the trail behind Kris and USFWS officers. Kyungsoo looked even tired than the day before and the shorter one's steps were becoming unsteady and staggering. Quickly and quietly, Baekhyun inched closer and wrapped his arms tightly around the shorter one's waist for support. 
 
"Baekhyun?"
 
"You looked a little unsteady was all. Plus, it is quite cold out. It is warmer this way." Baekhyun replied with a smile as he snuggled into the shorter one- keeping their fingers laced as the continued to walk the path.
 
Kyungsoo smiled softly and placed a soft peck on Baekhyun's cheek- earning a kiss on the lips from the taller one just moments later.
 
"We're here." Kris says softy and Kyungsoo's lips produce a entrancing smile as his eyes land on the cream color flower that bloomed just a few feet away.
 
"It really is the Gibraltar Campion..." breathed Kyungsoo, his breath turning into visible cloud due to the cold, chilly air.
 
"Why, of course love. Now go on so that I can take a picture." 
 
Kyungsoo nodded and took a few steps forward when his pretty little fairytale came crashing down.
 
His knees gave in as the surrounding light began to fade inward in his vision and the all too familiar thundering flooded his ears- his chest becoming increasingly painful.
 
Before he knew it, his knee caps and palms were pressed into the cold soil beneath him- his lips parted and begging for air.
 
The pain this time was unbelievable and seemed to effect every inch of his body as he gripped at the soil uselessly.
 
He heard his name ring over the thundering in his ears and felt a pair of arms wrap around him, but the pain really was too much. 
 
He knew, however, that it must have been Baekhyun because in the mist of it all he heard a thundering wail that resembled that of his lover.
 
 
 
And He out.
 
Death was ready to make his strike and Kyungsoo's clock was beginning to lose the seconds.
 
 
~*~
 

AN:// just two chapters left~

 
-ignore spelling mistakes-