Koki'o ( Part 1)

The Flower Boy

 

 

~*{Chapter Three:Koki'o}*~

 

 


 

~*~

 

"Kris, This is Do Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo, this is Kris. He's a cardiothorastic surgeon and he'll be joining us along the way." Baekhyun said and Kyungsoo only stared wide-eyed, unsure of how to take in everything. They were on their way to Hawaii, a place Kyungsoo couldn't even dream of going to, and all because Baekhyun had begged Kyungsoo to go along.
 
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Kyungsoo."
 
"Why....why are you doing this, Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo asked softly as he looked up at the younger one. Baekhyun reached into his pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper. After he unfolded it completely, he flipped it over and showed Kyungsoo. It was Kyungsoo's list. The list of flowers that Kyungsoo dreamed night and day of seeing inperson. "Don't tell me....."
 
"The first flower on this list is called Koki'o and after some research, I found that it should be located in Hawaii. I decided that Hawaii would be a good as place as any to start our trip." 
 
"Wait.....so, Hawaii isn't the only place we are going?"
 
"Why of course not. We will be traveling to the Phillipinese, New Zealand, Britain......" Baekhyun's voice trailed off as he watched the shock flicker in Kyungsoo's eyes.
 
"Baekhyun...this is outrageous.....those flowers are rare and the chances of finding them are slim!" Kyungsoo protested, but Baekhyun simply cupped his face as he brought their foreheads together.
 
"I know....Kyungsoo, I know...But I will do my absolute best to find those flowers for you."
 
"Why? Why are you doing this?"
 
"Because it is what I wish to do."
 
"Why??? You gain nothing but debt from this! Traveling like this isn't cheap!"
 
Baekhyun let out a soft sight as he wrapped his fingers gently around Kyungsoo's wrist. "We can discuss this later. Right now, we have to leave. Our flight is leaving soon."
 
"B-But, Baekhyun-"
 
"Shh...no, buts. Just follow. Let's go." Baekhyun said as he nodded to Kris and the three of them made their way to their airpot terminal.
 
 
 
~*~
 

 
A small gasp laced with awe left Kyungsoo's lips as he stepped into the hotel room. They arrived in Honolulu just an hour before and now he stood in a spacious hotel room- one he could never even think of ever being in.  The ocean view was amazing and the room was absolutely stunning. The walls were a pearl white and the bedsheets matched the walls, but had hints of blue in the pillow covers. A flat screen hung on the wall opposite of the large bed and the balocony was large as well. Kyungsoo felt numb, not due to his illness, but due to the overwhelming shock.
 
Baekhyun stepped in moments latter, setting Kyungsoo's bags down next to the nearest wall. He nodded in approvement as he let his eyes scan the room. "Do you like it, Kyungsoo?"
 
Kyungsoo whirled around and stared at Baekhyun in disbelief. "It's too good to be true....Baekhyun...how....? I don't understand...."
 
"You don't need to understand. Leave all the unecessary things for me to handle. Now,would you like to sleep or do you want me to draw a bath for you?" 
 
"Baekhyun...." Kyungsoo called as they locked gazes and Baekhyun could see the fear in the shorter one's eyes. 
 
Baekhyun sighed as he placed a hand on Kyungsoo's chest- over the shorter one's heart. Kyungsoo could feel the warmth from Baekhyun's hand and he felt his heart flutter slightly as he stared up into the taller one's eyes. 
 
"You're heart is dying....but it is a good heart. One full of sincerity, kindness, and purity. You do not deserve to leave this world with scars of sending loved ones away. You do not deserve to leave this world alone and silently suffering. Please....allow me to be here. Allow me to do this for you. Allow me to love you in the place of those who had to leave your side early. Allow me to prove to you that life can be worth living- even if it's only living for a little while. Please." 
 
The sincerity in Baekhyun's voice made Kyungsoo's cheeks flourish with a bright, pink color as the taller one gazed down at him with a soft look. Baekhyun could see the fear disappear from Kyungsoo's features as it was replaced with a overwhelming look of gratitude. 
 
"Why.......to go so far for me....?"
 
Baekhyun smiled down softly before wrapping the shorter one into a soft embrace. Kyungsoo hesitated for a second before he returned the embrace. "I do not know why. So even if you ask me, I will not have an answer. I just need to do this. I need you to trust me."
 
Baekhyun felt Kyungsoo nuzzle into his chest and he didn't have to pull back to know that Kyungsoo was crying. He could feel the shorter one shake with silent sobs and it only made him tighten his hold around Kyungsoo.
 
"I'm here...."Baekhyun murmured as he ran his fingers through Kyungsoo's hair gently. After the shorter one's crying came to a stop, Baekhyun pulled back and brushed the last remaing tears away."You should get some rest. I'm sure you're tired and I need you to be in good shape tomorrow. "
 
Baekhyun smiled down once more before he released his hold around Kyungsoo and turned to leave the room. He only took a step foreward before he felt tiny, soft arms wrap around his waist.
 
"Don't go. Please..." Kyungsoo begged softly. Baekhyun turned around and softly ran his finger tips along the bridge of Kyungsoo's nose.
 
"Aright.... I won't leave you."
 
 
~*~