AllKpop

t h e A p h r o d i t e ~♡

Music

A hand-written letter by The Aphrodite's first member, YooMi, garners attention worldwide

, 2012 at 11:45 am

 

20990 Views

 

 

The Aphrodite, the first girlgroup under YG, JYP, and SM Entertainment has been garnering attention even since this project is known to the public.

 

It has been also revealed that it's a 6-member girlgroup, with two members from each company. Creating a different vibe from the rest of girlgroups in the industry. Maybe a mix of 2NE1, Wonder Girls, and Girls' Generation, perhaps?

 

On today's newspaper, a hand-written letter by YooMi, also known as Kim Sung Yoo, the first member of The Aphrodite, has been posted on the cover page. Reportedly, it has also appeared on many different foreign websites about her introduction to the public.

 

"Anyeonghaseyo, everyone! My name is YooMi and I'm proud to tell you that I've been chosen as the Main Vocalist for The Aphrodite.

 

I started singing since I was only 6 years old, my Mother told me that I love singing in front her friends, even when I was only 3. I was really shy and I didn't get to join my school's singing competition because I lack self-confidence. It was such a waste, because the winner would go into the national competition, and it would add another feather in my cap. Anyways, it's just how I missed such a great opportunity.

My Mother is a high school principal, and my Dad is a lawyer. They are all very busy, but I am glad that they're happy with their job. 

SHINee has always been my role model, the way Jonghyun sunbae-nim sings, the way Taemin sunbae-nim dances, and he way Minho sunbae-nim raps, I want to learn and be like them. 

When I entered the company, to attend my first training, my heart was beating like a drum, seeing the other trainees practising, they don't look like a trainee anymore. My dance teacher taught me the basic of dancing, but I couldn't even do it well. I cried, but I realised I shouldn't give up just like that, so from that day onwards, I tried hard and even sprained my ankle, I didn't complain but I was grateful that all my effort is now paid of, I could master the dance and song, and is ready to show you how The Aphrodite could dominate the music charts.

Please don't be disappointed or flustered that this is the way I want everyone to know me. I personally asked Lee Soo Man director to allow me and send this letter to the reporters. You may think I'm a freak, but I want everyone to see me as a normal teenage girl, before I turn into someone different. I know I'll miss my old-self, but I just can't wait for my transformation, and to see you guys and please send lots of love for our debut album and performance.

 

Please take care of us, and support us!

Love you all :) "

 

YooMi is casted by SM Entertainment in Seoul, when the audition was held. She was known for being a great singer, and her familiarity with more than three languages; Korean, Mandarin, Japanese, French, and English. 

The hand-written letter along with her selca has been posted everywhere. Fortunately, after confirming with SM Entertainment spokesperson, Kim Sung Yoo's teaser will be revealed soon.

 

Stay tunes on AllKpop for more updates!