allkpop

t h e A p h r o d i t e ~♡

 

Music

YG Entertainment, SM Entertainment, and JYP Entertainment will collaborate to debut a 6-member girlgroup in the next 6 months.

, 2012 at 9:35 pm

20990 Views

 

 

Following the rumours spreading in the enternet regarding the Big Three (YG, SM, and JYP) collaboration in debuting a  girlgroup next June, has been confirmed. It has gathered public interest, since girlbands and boybands from those companies has gathered a lot of attention and has been successfully attracting fans from all over Asia.

 

The group has been named The Aphrodite, with six female members. The name has been decided, and The Aphrodite itself is taken from the Greek Goddess of beauty, love, and pleasure. They believed that this upcoming girlgroup will leave fans in awe.

 

During his recent interview with ajk86Yang Hyun Suk stated, “We have plans to debut new in the middle of next year.” He added that of those new artists, one will be “an attractive and talented girl group like SNSD, but with some YG and JYP flavor.”

YG Entertainment is home to major artists like Big Bang and 2NE1, and they’ve established themselves as one of Korea’s major entertainment labels. Before he went on to talk about his new girl group, Yang Hyun Suk revealed his process on how he chose which trainees to debut.

When it comes to selecting the members, the ones who performed the best looked the most appealing, that’s all! (laughs)”. He continued, ”I think these days, there are a lot of young people who are extremely talented, and are also very attractive. …It took five years before Big Bang was able to make their first debut, but because these kids are so talented these days, and since all the studios have state-of-the-art technology, I believe it’ll be possible to produce a new group within two years.”

 

Lee Soo Man then stated, "I agree with that, I like to try out new things that others have yet to, and if you take a look at all the groups that YG has produced (such as Big MamaGummySe7en, Big Bang, or 2Ne1), all of their styles are unique. It’ll be no different for these new artists. While JYP has also produced a very creative and has they're own flair, whenever you hear songs of Wonder Girls, or maybe 2PM, you will definitely know that's JYP!

 

Jin Young Park smiled and gave a Lee Soo Man and Yang Hyun Suk a little tap on the shoulder, and he says, "I'm sure we're going to make it until the end!"

"We spent nearly one month selecting six members for this special project, we have never done this before, and this would be the first time for us to actually collaborate. I hope that this upcoming girlgroup would be able to bring k-pop influence to other parts of the world" he continued.

 

Stay tunes to AllKpop for more updates on this interesting girlgroup from YGE, SME, and JYPE!