Chapter 22

Sisters love.

 

Taeyeon's POV.

 

Hey. I sent Onew to pick you up today. Appa wanted to meet you. You should dress up now, he's almost there. -- Fany.

 

I sighed. I just woke up and now I have to get ready to go to someone's place I’m no even prepared and why would their appa want to meet me?

I just stood up from the bed and started to prepare.

 

20 minutes later.. Onew arrived.

"Hi!" He smiled brightly. "Im sorry if we didn't inform you about it before hand, actually, appa just asked me to pick you up."

"No worries. Come in for a while, I still need to do some stuff." I said.

 

Few moments later. I find myself on the dining table with Tiffany, Onew, Mr. Lee and Jessica.

"It's nice to finally meet you Taeyeon. Tiffany has been talking about you alot." Mr. Lee said.

"It's nice to meet you too Mr. Lee." I replied with a smile.

"You really do look like her." Mr. Lee said.

Minah? I thought.

"Yes she does Uncle. I thought it was her at first." Jessica said.

"Can we stop talking about her. She's not here and never coming back. Taeyeon's the one here." Onew suddenly interrupted.

Mr. Lee looked at his son with pity on his eyes. I also turned to look at Onew. He seemed angry, sad, disappointed. What happened with Minah? His first love right? He still didnt get over? What if I dont too?

 

Few hours later. I and Jessica decided to go home. Mr. Lee asked Onew to drive me home but Jessica offered me on driving me home earlier.

 

While on her car..

"I want some coffee, do you want some Taeyeon?" She asked while looking at the road.

"Coffee sounds good." I said.

It was 5 in the afternoon; we entered on a coffee shop. She asked me for what coffee I wanted and asked me to look for a place to sit down.

I found this table on the corner which will be perfect for us to have some talk. I waited for Jessica; she slowly approaches where I was sitting. I can see some of the guys checking her out. One thing about her, she is incredibly pretty.

We talked about different things like about college and our work. She was currently managing a friend’s store.

"Did you know Taeyeon, you really do look like Onew's ex girlfriend." Jessica suddenly said.

"I can’t say since I haven’t seen her." I replied.

"Just look in the mirror my friend." She laughed. This girl likes to joke too huh. "Onew might be having a hard time looking at you."

"From what I see, he looks at me perfectly fine."

She chuckled. "So, where's your family?"

Here comes the family question again. I sighed inside. "They are in Korea. I’m the only one here."

She nodded. "Same here. My parents and younger sister moved back to Korea 5 years ago. I’ve been living on my own for quite a long time now."

"Don’t you visit them?" I asked curiously.

"I went there once but I came back here since that time, I still have a boyfriend." Jessica confidently said.

Oh-oh! Here comes the boyfriend talk.

"Did you know Taeyeon that my last boyfriend was a year and a half ago... and I thought that he was the one?" Jessica was smiling with the memories she remiscing.

"What happened?" I got curious.

She sipped in her cup. "We grew out of love. We had this mutual decision, 6 months after our break up, he went back to Korea."

I nodded.

"Tiffany and Onew only seen him once when I invited him on a party. He wasn’t really the type of guy who goes out to socialize."

Silence was growing around us.

"How about you? Do you have a boyfriend?" She asked.

I blinked. "I had.." I said.

"Tell me about him.." She smiled.

"He was one of the reasons I moved here." I shyly said with sadness in me.

I think she felt my sudden change in tone.

"Oh I’m sorry." Jessica said.

I tried to smile and nod.

"Well, who ever that guy is, he just lost an awesome girl." She tried to make me feel better.

No Jessica, he actually got someone worth to keep.

 

After that long day, I got home. I need time to rest, to think. Jessica, Onew, Tiffany, they all had bad things happened and I can see now that when they moved on, they live a happier life. I should too right?

 

I stand infront my whole body mirror.

"Kim Taeyeon.. You stayed away to move on right?" I look at myself. Thinking of memories I had with my sister and Yunho. Tears starting to form my eyes. "I'll come back when I moved on, slowly."

I wipe my tears. "Pathetic. I’m talking to myself."

 

I went online to find my brother on Skype.

He called me.

"Kibummie!" I said as I saw my brother.

"Noona! How are you?" He asked.

"I’m doing fine. Living my life normally." I smiled.

"Noona, please come back. I need you here."

"Wae?"

"It's getting hard. Appa came back to work. Umma working at Hyoyeon noona's coffee shop, noona told her not too but umma keeps on saying that Hyoyeon noona should not over work. I only see Joohyun once a week now." Kibum said impatiently.

I feel sad for my brother. This isn’t exactly the life he wanted. He always tells me that he wanted to travel the world.

"Just hang in there Kibum. Give me few more months.." I said.

Speaking of Hyoyeon. She must be almost near her due.

"How... How is she?" I suddenly asked.

"Hyoyeon?" Kibum asked.

I nodded.

"She's doing fine. She and Yunho hyung starts to get along now. Noona, don’t you want to see your nephew?"

Nephew? So it’s a boy. "I would like to see him but maybe not too soon."

Me and Kibum just talked longer until it was time for me to sleep.

 

The next morning, I woke up earlier than usual. I decided to have a walk in the park near my place.

I breathed the fresh morning air. How nice does a day look in the morning?

I sat on one of the benches. I took out my phone to check any messages. Pfft, no one even bothers to text. I was just pressing and playing with my phone when I accidentally opened my gallery and a picture of me, Hyoyeon and Kibum appeared.

 We looked so happy back then. It was just the three of us, hanging around. Making great memories. A tear fell on the screen of my phone I didn’t even realize. How I miss them so much.

"Why are you crying this early?" A familiar voice asked me from behind.

I turned around to find Onew, resting his hands on the bench, standing behind me so close I could feel his breathe.

"Nice photo you got there Taeyeon. Who are they?" He asked as he sat on the bench not too close to me.

"It's my siblings." I answered.

"You miss them huh? Why don’t you just go back? I mean, you’re starting to get lonely and desperate on seeing them."

I shook my head. "I can't.."

"I know your family wanted to see you too."

"I know. It's just that, I have problems with my sister, the reason I went away." I whispered loud enough for him to hear.

"I thought it was your ex boyfriend.."

I nodded. "It was. My ex boyfriend who was in love with my sister."

He looked at me. I can see that he doesn't believe on what I am saying right now.

"Well, those kinds of things don’t only happen in movies, also in real life." I played with my hands, trying to ignore these gloomy feeling but my eyes are betrayed me.

"Here." He gave me his handkerchief.

I looked at him.

He nodded.

"How come your here? You don’t have work?" I asked.

"Oh, I just got off, I had graveyard shift."

"Really? Then why don't you go home and rest?" He was over working again, like what Tiffany told me. Onew usually goes somewhere before going home after his duties in the hospital.

"I can't sleep." He said.

"But you do look tired." I said.

"Yeah. It’s always like that." He looked down.

Why am I seeing him like this now? Why does he look so sad?

I shook my head from thinking too much.

"Onew. I have a question." I said.

He looked at me.

"About.. Minah." I stutter.

He sighed. "Yeah. You have a right to ask. I mean, everyone's thinking you are her." He shifted his body to face me. "Like what Tiffany said, Minah looks really a lot like you.."

"but.. When you saw me.. You said I wasn’t her.."

"Because you looked scared. Minah is a girl that doesn’t show she's scared. She always stand up for herself." I saw him smile.

"I don't get you sometimes. Why are you smiling while were talking about her." I questioned him.

"To tell you the truth Taeyeon. I’m over her, long long time ago. What makes me feel sad is that I still wanted to know why she didn’t come back."

I looked confused.

"You sure do express your thoughts in your facial expressions Taeyeon." He smiled.

I felt embarrassed.

He suddenly took something out of pocket. "See this." It was a diamond ring. "She told me she will come back, so I planned this. I planned on proposing to her but she didn’t return."

I was surprised. He must really love that girl so much for planning to marry her in a young age.

"Minah was the only one that was proud of me except for Tiffany and my appa. She wasn't embarrassed to have the smartest guy in school as his boyfriend."

I can now see why Onew loved her, she was an amazing person.

Onew is a great person. He is indeed handsome but he just has this low self-confidence.

"Let's move on Taeyeon. Let's live this day and move on from the past." Onew said.

I looked at him weirdly.

"We can do it." He was determined, he did the fighting sign.

I smiled as I do the same.

With no other words said, Onew held my arm. “Come on, let’s eat breakfast. My treat.” He smiled.

I laughed. This guy is bipolar. I laughed inside.

-------------