Birthday date

Eternally In Love with You

A year passed...

Key and Taemin managed to move into a small house during summer...

"hyung...you've stopped school since you came! Shouldnt you go back to school already?" Taemin argued with Key as he washed the dishes. "taeminnie...i promise i'll go back to school next year..." Key replied. "but hyung..." Taemin said once again.  

"oh. Who's the hyung now?" Key said jokingly as he crossed his arms

"I promise i'll go next year..." Key promises. Taemin still doubted his hyung. "dont you trust me?" Key asked disappointed. "i do! I do hyung! It's just..." Taemin exclaimed. "then i promise to resume my studies next year..." Key promised once again as he wrapped his arms around the younger boy, who was still washing the dishes, and rested his head on his shoulders. "okay hyung..." Taemin replied. 

After Taemin finished washing the dishes, they sat in comfortable silence on the sofa. Taemin was comfortably listening to his music while Key was playing games and surfing the web on his phone.

In the middle of Key's game, he ran to the restroom. Taemin noticed this and was a bit surprised. "hyung! Are you alright?" Taemin shouted. A few seconds later he got a reply. "y-yeah..." Key replied.

After a few minutes, Key came out of the washroom. Key looked at Taemin who was still listening to music. "Taemin ah..." Key said softly, but it seems that Taemin didnt hear him. "Taemin..." Key said a little bit louder. "yeah hyung?" Taemin took off his earphones and eagerly waited for what his hyung was about to tell him. "im feeling...exhausted all of a sudden...im gonna go to bed already...okay?" Key said obvious that he had no energy and was indeed exhausted. "ah...sure hyung...i'll be with you...i'll just take a shower..." Taemin stood up. Key smiled at him before entering the room.

Not bothering to change his clothes, he layed in bed. 

Should i tell him?

Key asked himself. 

Maybe i can hold on...

These thoughts drifted on Key's mind as he fell in a deep sleep.

A few minutes later, Taemin silently walked in the room, being extra careful not to disturb his hyung who was aready peacefully sleeping. 

Just like he always did, he wrapped his arms around Key and snuggled close to him feeling the older boy's warm presence. Taemin smiled as he closed his eyes. 

---

Taemin expected to wake up with Key by his side, but the space was empty. Key's space was replaced with a pillow. Taemin stood up and walked to the kitchen expecting Key to be cooking but to his surprise, Key was not in the kitchen or living room either.

'where could hyung be?'

Taemin thought to himself. Taemin tried texting his missing hyung but he heard Key's phone vibrate. 

Hyung left his phone...

Taemin was now worried. He had absolutely no idea where Key could be...

A few minutes later, Key came walking in, calmly, from the door. "ya! Hyung!" Taemin shouted, his voice filled with worry.

"ah...you woke up..." Key said. From Key's tone, he still seemed tired and Taemin knew it all too well.

"where did you go hyung?" Taemin asked, voice still stern but kinder than earlier and eyes filled with worry. "i just went out for some fresh air. I walked and found myself in the park." Key replied as he put his coat down and sat on the sofa.

He motioned for Taemin to sit beside him and Taemin complied. He sat beside Key.

Key intertwined their fingers and closed his eyes as he rested his head on Taemin's shoulders. "im still exhausted you know?" Key said. "because you walked..." Taemin replied to his tired, and maybe half-asleep hyung. 

"have you had breakfast?"

"no...i just woke up a few minutes after you came"

"really? I'll cook for you then..."

"i can cook breakfast for myself hyung..."

"but-" Key was cut short by the younger boy. "no buts hyung...just cook lunch then we'll both cook dinner...for now, just rest..." Taemin said with such authority. It felt like Key wasnt the hyung at all, but instead of arguing, Key just nodded and smiled at Taemin. 

Taemin went to the kitchen and started cooking. He looked at Key, who was at the sofa. He was listening to music. 

Music does relieve stress...doesnt it?

Taemin smiled to himself as he started to cook breakfast for himself. 

---

By afternoon, Key was at full energy again.

"yaaa...im bored..." Key said to Taemin who was sitting comfortably on the sofa surfing the web. "you were exhausted just a few hours ago hyung..." Taemim replied not taking his eyes off his phone. "but im at full energy now!" Key said. "ok hyung. Where do you want to go?" Taemin asked.  "do you remember what day is it tomorrow?"

"of course! It's your birthday hyung!"

"awww...you remembered!" Key pinched Taemin's cheeks. "hyung!!" Taemin pouted. 

"well...we'll celebrate it tomorrow with Minho and the others obviously. So why dont the 2 of us celebrate today?"

"sure hyung. But where will we go?"

"wherever the wind takes us!"

"what do you mean?"

"wherever we think of going..."

"ah...sure hyung..."

"ok. Get ready then!"

Key jumped off the couch and walked to the room. He immediately changed to proper clothes. Taemin followed. 

As they locked the door to the house, they walked on the streets hand in hand. "so where do we go now hyung?" Taemin asks his excited hyung.

After a moment, Key replied "why dont we go to a gift shop?". "sure hyung...i'll buy you a gift!" Taemin replied. So they went on to the gift shop near Taemin's school.

 As Key walked around the shop, Taemin watched his hyung.

It was amusing how Key loved shopping so much.  He also knew how much Key loved his birthday, even more than christmas. Key always wanted to recieve the special gifts on his birthday. Key also considered the birthday of his friends important though. 

Key continued walking around the shop and he found something which looked just so adorable. Couple casings. 

"Taemin ah!" Key called as he to motioned Taemin. "hyung?" Taemin came. "arent these couple casings cute?" Key said with aegyo. "indeed hyung. You want them?" Taemin asked. "hmmm...maybe. But there might be something more intersting...i'll look around more..."  Key continued walking around the shop.

After a few minutes, Key stopped infront of a display panel.

"what is it hyung?" Taemin noticed his hyung who had stopped from walking around. "dont you think that key & lock pendant looks beautiful?" Key pointed at the necklace on display.

It had a gold key and silver lock. The key had silver gems while the lock had gold gems and was being held by an infinity sign.

"it does hyung...you want it?" Taemin asked his hyung. "you'll buy it?" Key smiled. Taemin nodded and a grateful smile formed on Key's lips. 

After paying, Taemin and Key walked out, hands intertwined once again. "so where to next hyung?" Taemin asked as they paused from walking. "it's still a bit early. Why dont you decide where we go to next?" Key asked Taemin.

For a while, Taemin thought about where they should go. "how about...a cd shop?" Taemin suggested.

"of course! Let's go to the cd shop then~~" Key started to lead Taemin to his favorite cd shop nearby. 

---

After the cd shop, Key and Taemin once again decided where to go.

For tonight, it was their last destination.

They both agreed on going to the park as their last destination. 

They arrived the park. Because it was old, it was empty.

As they separated ways to look around the park, Key threw a snowball at Taemin.

As Taemin turned around, Key was casually walking while whistling. Taemin grinned. He picked up a snowball but just before he could even throw it, Key threw another one.

Key bursts out in laughter. 

While Key was laughing, Taemin threw a snowball at his hyung successfully. Now Taemin was laughing. "i caught you hyung!" Taemin sticked his tongue out and without warning, Key threw another snowball.

"Now i got you!" Key shouted as he ran away. "im gonna get you hyung!" Taemin ran after his hyung.

They ran around the park as they threw snowballs at eachother and laughed.

Soon, they both become tired from all the running. Both of them sat on the old swings enjoying a comfortable silence.

"Taemin ah..." Key started a conversation after a while. "if ever i would die...would you still remember me?" Key asked.

Taemin was shocked about the sudden question.

"hyung...why a question about death all of a sudden?" Taemin replied "just...answer...will you remember me?"

"of course hyung! How could i forget you?...but why ask such a question so suddenly?"

"i dont know...just a random thought..." Key chuckled at his own question. "dont ask a question like that...it worries me...and it's a bit creepy you know..." Taemin said.

"haha...of course Taeminnie...first and last time..." Key ruffled up the young boy's hair. 

After a few more minutes, Key stood up. "shall we go home now? It's going to be darker soon..." Key offered a hand to Taemin. As they took a last glance at the park before leaving, Taemin paused in his footsteps. "ah...hyung...i remembered something..." Taemin was looking for something in his pockets. He found it.

It was neatly kept in a wine red box with a elegant navy blue ribbon.

As Taemin opened it, he brought out the Key and Lock necklace tey had bought earlier at the gift shop and placed it around Key's neck.

Key smiled at this. He looked at the necklace for a moment before hugging Taemin.

"thanks Taemin..." Key thanked the younger boy who hugged him back. "no problem hyung...after all...it's your birthday..." Taemin said.

Key was really grateful that he had met Taemin all those years ago in this same park.

"i love you Taemin ah..." Key said with a sincere smile on his face.

"i love you too hyung..." Taemin replied as he burried his face into Key's jacket. 

As Key released Taemin from the hug with a big smile on his face, he noticed it was getting darker. They needed to get home soon

"it's getting darker Taemin ah...we should go home..." Key and Taemin headed home. 

Both of them enjoyed that day. 

It was unforgetable.

Im sure to remember this day...

Key thought as he intertwined his fingers to Taemin's. 

 

~~~~~~~~~

I updated the next day...right?

i updated quickly:3

so...i've already written this chapter beofre even uplaoding the story itself and i just re-read and edited some parts:3

3rd chapter is currently being written~~~

i think this story will have a total of 5 or 6 chapters...

So....i hope the first 2 chapters satisfied readers....

and im thinking of uploading the teaser i wrote...