Chapter 3

The Rose and its Thorns

[Doojoon POV]

"Umma! Where'd you put my black guitar?" I called from the upstairs storage area, looking in box after box for the damned thing. I groaned and laid down, tired of looking for it. But it was the most expensive one I owned, and the best by far. I let out another groan, throwing an arm over my eyes and banging my head against the floor.

"Woah. Doojoon. What the hell happened to you?" I removed my arm to see Junhyung and Kikwang standing over me. Junhyung leaned down, his purple hair having grown out some so his roots were showing.

"Yah. Junhyung. You need to re-dye your hair."

Saying that earned me a smack on the arm, which I probably deserved to be honest.

"Anyways, Hyung." Kikwang interjected, sliding down so he was sitting by my head. "What were you looking for?"

"My black guitar. You know the really expensive one? I can't find it anywhere, and if I'm going to be stuck in this school, I need to have this guitar with me. You guys remember it right? It's the one we bought when we went to America two summers ago. Aish~! I really need that guitar too." I complained, sitting up and looking through a few more boxes. Still not anywhere in sight. Crap. So now I was stuck going to this high school where they would mold me to be an idol and I wouldn't have my baby with me.

"Hyung... You lent me that guitar like a month ago. It's already packed in my car." Kikwang said, his voice barely audible. I stood up immediately and my heel, a smile breaking on my face.

"Jinjja?!?! Yahh, Kikwang-ah. You should have told me sooner." I said, throwing my arms around him and smushing him into an embrace.

"Hyung. You're suffocating me." Kikwang mumbled into my shirt and I immediately retracted my arms.

"Mianhe, Kiki~" I beamed, walking out of the storage room and into my room. I had three suitcases already packed full of clothes, as well as one more with books, posters, and a few mementos I'd want to keep to remember this place. I zipped up my suitcases, and took two of them as well as my white guitar downstairs. At the foot of the stairs stood my umma, appa, and dongsaeng. My little sister was bawling like a baby, so I picked her up and swung her around in the air a few times.

"Oppa. Don't forget about me when you become famous, arraso?" She sniffled, her little eyes brimmed with fresh tears.

"Aish. How could I forget about my little sister. Now stop crying. I'll be back some weekends and on holidays." I kissed both her cheeks before setting her down on the ground. I hugged both my mom and my father, saying our goodbyes to each other. I walked outside, where Junhyung's car was waiting. A new car at that. "Yah, Junhyung-ah. What number car is this for just this year?"

Junhyung pulled up his shoulders in a shrug, lifting one of my suitcases into the trunk, taking my other ones and putting them in their as well. "I don't know man. Number five?" He offered finally, getting into the driver's seat. I got into the passenger's seat, while Kikwang piled into the back.

"So we're really doing this, huh?" I whispered, looking them both in the eyes to make sure they were absolutely sure this is what they wanted. They nodded at me and I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"My dormmate better not be a creep."

-----

[Yoseob POV]

I swung my legs as I sat on the stool in Hyunseung's kitchen. He was busily preparing Dongwoon and I food because we'd complained to him we were hungry. Hyunseung, being our kind umma and hyung, immediately offered to make us food.

"Hyung~! I want to go shopping before we have to go to the dorm and get our room assignments." Dongwoon said from where he was perched on the couch.

"Woonie. We went shopping last week. Do you think that money grows off trees?" Hyunseung scolded from the kitchen.

"It does in your house." Dongwoon grumbled, leaning back into the couch and closing his eyes.

"Fine Woonie. But only because we're going to be stuck there for a while and we can't go out on our monthly trip to the mall, alright?" The moment those words left Hyunseung's mouth, Dongwoon ran into the kitchen and crushed him with a bear hug.

"Thank you thank you thank you hyung~!!!" He squealed, his grip tightening with every thank you.

"Your welcome baby." Hyunseung cooed, rustling Dongwoon's hair and piling the food onto two plates. He placed one in front of me and another in front of the stool next to it. Dongwoon sat on the stool and began twirling the pasta around his fork. Hyunseung slid on top of his counter, a water bottle in his hand.

"Hyunseung-hyung." I began, food in my mouth. The food earned me a glare and I immediately swallowed. "Do we get to choose our own dormmates, or are they chosen for us?"

"They're chosen for us, Seobie. So we probably won't be roomates." I pouted up at my hyung and shoved in another mouthful of pasta. "Aigoo~ Is Seobie pouting now? Don't worry, Seobie. We'll probably have lots of same classes together."

"Jinjja?!" I perked up immediately and finished my food, placing the dish in the sink. Dongwoon did the same and soon we were all piled into Hyunseung's red convertable, the same color as his hair. I giggled at the thought and he raised an eyebrow but said nothing to my giggle. We arrived at the mall and Dongwoon immediately ran off without us. Hyunseung sighed and turned to face me, holding both of my hands in his with his eyebrows drawn in concern.

"Yoseob. You sincerely don't need any money for your mom's hospital fees, right? You would tell me if you did need funds though, right? I want to help you Yoseob." His eyes were full of concern for me.

"Hyung. I'm fine. Don't worry. Just make sure to buy me lots of clothes, ne?" I giggled, hopping out of the car and following Dongwoon into the mall.

"Aish, this punk." Hyunseung called after me, a smile in his voice.

-----

We ended up in Hyunseung's car three hours later, our arms loaded with shopping bags as we set them into Hyunseung's car.

"Yah. You guys better pay me back when we become famous. Arraso?" Hyunseung scolded, starting the car and zooming off to his house.

"Ne, hyung!" Dongwoon and I mused at the same time, a giggle in our voices.

We arrived at Hyunseung's house, pulling all our bags out of the car and walking inside and up to Hyunseung's room. Dongwoon went over to Hyunseung's closet and grabbed a handful of each of our clothes from there. Hyunseung walked into his hallway and returned a few seconds later with three large suitcases. We piled all our stuff into each one, talking about nothing while we worked. I looked up at the clock and gasped. It was almost 6. We had to be at the dorm for room assignments by 7.

I zipped up my suitcase, Hyunseung and Dongwoon doing the same. We ran down the stairs, our suitcases clanking as we went down the stairs. I smiled as we ran into the car, piling our suitcases into the back of it. We turned to each other, sticking our fists out and a goofy grin on our faces.

This was happening.

This was really happening.

=============================

Thank you all so much for reading~!

Sorry if it bored you to death. ^^;

Remember to comment and suscribe~! <33