009

A Bad Boy's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

DESPICABLE 
She couldn't care, and he didn't want to care anymore.

 

Black, absolutely stunning. Kai watched. Her heels clicked on the marble floor as she steps down the stairs. Her straight, jet black hair trailed behind her back, partially framing her porcelain face. Her eyes were lined thinly, with a thin coating on her lashes. Her lips were shaped, painted with a light shade of scarlet. Breath taking. He couldn't breathe. It was one of those days in his life where he'll get astonished, swept off his steady posture. Every part of her, every small, fine details catches, locks his attention. 

 

"Let's leave." Her voice caught him back to reality. He gulped, eyes wavered as he turns around and walked out of the house. This simple attraction was slowly killing him. 10 years. He thought that this mistaken attractive would fade over time, but it didn't seem like it was going anywhere. He tried. He really tried to get rid of these useless thoughts. But everytime he tries, her image would be the one appearing before him instead. 

 

Every girl he sees were a shadow, and every girl he touches were the same.

 

Black hair, round eyes, pale complexion. Those were exactly the type of girls he had been going for. He mentally cursed when they entered the car. Silence took over, as there was nothing to talk about. Daesom minded herself with her phone, while Kai tried his best to shift his attention away. The brief scent of vanilla. He gulped, hands tightened below his chin as he looks out of the window, eyes glared at nothing in particular. There was no reason to speak, he knows that. But a part of him died, craved for her voice. Kill me. He cursed mentally, eyes closed as he stops his breathing. No matter what he does, his mind was drift off to her. No matter how long he tried, how far he went. She can never leave his mind. 

 

"We have arrived." That was when he can finally breathe. Immediately, he pushed the door open and stepped out of the vehicle. He wasn't going to be a gentleman, she wasn't going to allow him either. Daesom already opened the door and stepped out of the car on her own record, eyes cold stone as she looks up to the beautiful building before her. This is once again, another family gathering in order to secure the engagement.

 

She pursed her lips and walked, heels hammered on the shining tiles as she enters the building. She wasn't going to wait for him. Never will.

 

Kai frowned and followed, hands tugged in his pockets as he looks around the room. This wasn't his first time here, but it surely wouldn't be the last as well. He cursed inwardly when the servants opened the door to the dining room, revealing both their parents already seated on their respective seats.

 

She bowed to the elders and took a seat beside her parents, while Kai took the seat beside his parents.

 

Silence, once again, until the host, Daesom's father, cleared his throat and turned to Kai. "It's wonderful to have you here, son." He said, and Kai gave him a short nod. He didn't know what to say to the elder, so he kept quiet and turned to Daesom who was staring at nothing in particular, eyes landed on the silverware that reflected the chandelier light above their heads. She's not looking. He pursed his lips and curled his fingers. She is back to being that Jung Daesom. The girl who won't look at him. 

 

"How had you been, Jongin?" Daesom's mother asked as she told the servants to serve the meal. She had a smile on her face, with light wrinkles on the corner of her eyes. He nodded slightly. "I'm fine, madam." He faked a smile and reached for the glass of water before him. He was going to take a sip of water to avoid further questions coming from the elders. 

 

Awkward. He thought and placed the glass down.

 

As soon as the meal was served, the dining room was filled with clean clicks of their cutleries on the ceramic plates. Daesom was quiet throughout the entire session, the same as all the previous family gathering that they had before this. Kai wasn't going to complain about it. He had always been the one to answer all their families' questions.

 

"When should we set the date?" He heard their parents' brief conversation and froze, his knife squeaked on the plate. What did they say? He turned to them, eyes rounded in surprise. The date. He pursed his lips and shifted his gaze to Daesom. Her expression seemed unfazed, but the tight grip she had on her cutleries spoke otherwise. There was a slight, unsatisfied twitch on her fingers. And that was when he knew that... She didn't like the idea at all. 

 

"Sir, madam." He smiled at Daesom's parents and placed the cutleries down. "We're still young. How about we discuss this when I take over the business?" He said, and their parents nodded in agreement. "Yes, let's do that." His father said and laughed with her father.  

 

From the corner of his eyes, he noticed the soft sigh that Daesom gave before she shifts her attention back to the plate before her, cleaning up the remainings on the plate and places the cutleries down. She picked up her napkin and wiped the brown sauce off her red lips. He tightened his grip and looked away, shifting his attention from her lips as he takes the glass and emptied the cup. 

 

Curses. He thought and shifted from his seat when their parents stood up to bid each other farewell. Daesom bowed once more before approaching her parents. It was another one of those times where he'll notice the slight discomfort on her face whenever her mother speaks to her. But why bother? He turned away and decided to wait outside the dining room. His parents patted his shoulder and left, whilst he waited for the girl to leave. 

 

Pak. He heard and turned around, eyes rounded when he saw Daesom with her hand holding her cheek. Her expression was unchanged despite the fact that her mother looked as if she was about to kill her own daughter. "Don't you dare say that." He heard her mother said. Her father was trying to calm his wife down, but it didn't seem like her mother was going to stop. "You good for nothing. Why did yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter