005

A Bad Boy's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

RESPONSIBILITIES 
Everything is pure business, there's no feelings in them.

 

"Hyung! Stop-" 

 

"Go away." Kai chunk down the huge jug of alcohol, feeling the burning sensation as much as the piercing pain from her cold, harsh words. Every single word that came out of her lips were true. It was an agreement they made 3 years ago, when they found out about the engagement that they were both forced into. He was a foolish player desparate to keep his image, so he agreed to the bid and gave her the same amount of freedom she is to have. But what was this unsettled feeling that stirred in his heart? There was a part, a huge chunk in his heart that refuses the freedom that she was to have. He wanted to chain her up, cage her in his world where no one would be able to reach for. Even if he had to use the arrangement for this, even if he knew that she'd eventually hate him, despise him for this.

 

Selfishly, he wanted her for his own.

 

Carelessly dropping the jug on the glass table, he picked up the transparent, crystal bottle and poured himself another serving. What is this stinging feeling on his chest? It was almost as if he was crushed, broken from the girl whom he desparately tried to reach for. So close, yet so far. Why couldn't she be like the other girls? He shook his head, feeling the dizziness kicking in. No, it would be impossible for him to be drawn to her if Jung Daesom were any different from the other girls. Jung Daesom is like the wind, he knew she was there, but there is absolutely no way to grasp onto her. In the end, she'd still slip pass these hands. But that made everything interesting. It made him crave, it made him desire. To reach for her untouchable hands, to break through her walls... 

 

But for all he wanted, everything seemed to be impossible then. Because no matter how much he craved for her attention, that cold, heartless woman will never turn to him. 

 

"Kai, aren't you drinking a little too much today?" The eldest tried to convince him to stop, but he simply couldn't. The cold, harsh hostility she given him, as well as the cold, precise words constantly reminded him that she was only there because it meant business for her. It reminded him that she never once treated him as anything but a bothersome task assigned for her for eternity. He wouldn't blame her for that. Their lives were set since birth, and there was absolutely no way to break through the fixed system in this cruel world of elites. "Choice" wasn't an option, it was nothing but a fraud mind to think that there was such a thing existed in this world. 

 

In their world, there is no such thing as a "choice".

 

"I swear, Kai. You're acting weird today." D.O stated as he eyes the younger man worriedly, all his friends did. There was a weird catch with Kai today. He wasn't flirting, nor was he making out with any of them today. If it were the usual Kai, he would have scored himself a few girls the moment he steps into the club, but today was different. The moment he steps into this club, he was so focused in intoxicating himself that he couldn't be bothered to entertain any female in the floor. 

 

The Kai before them now seemed so broken that it scared them. 

 

All of a sudden, he laughed. It was a loud, pathetic laughter that surprised his friends, as well as frightened them to bits. The youngest nudged the rest, scooting a little further from Kai as he turns to the others for help. "Baekhyun hyung, Chanyeol hyung, Suho hyung... someone! Stop Kai! He's like, so weird now." He snuck a glance at Kai, who had his hand covered on his face as he tried to breathe. Suho frowned slightly and got up, deciding that he should try to take the bottles out of Kai's reach. 

 

The rest were afraid, dead frightened for the intoxicated man, and only one dared to approach him. "What's wrong, Kai?" D.O asked, wondering what's doing in the mind of the broken man.

 

Kai breathed and moved his hand up to brush his fingers through his dark streaks. His eyes were darted straight, burning with rage and hatred under the beaming light that shone directly at them. "Everything's purely business for her..." He started, closing his eyes as he allowed a sigh to pass his lips. "She'd never look back..." He mumbled and leaned back, dropping down the couch as he punched the couch. A soft chuckle forced out of his lips, and he covered his eyes with his palm once more.

 

"Not even once. Not even ing once." Nibbling his lips, he cursed. He cursed her for putting him through his endless pain. He cursed her for hurting this vulnerable heart that he did not present willingly to her. He cursed her to being Jung Daesom. 

 

D.O furrowed his brows. He wasn't sure, but from what he heard from the younger man, he had his suspicions. "Did he...?" He turned to the others who gulped in response.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter