031

A Bad Boy's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

THE BREAKING POINT 
She was falling, but he has already fallen deep enough to catch her fall.

 

"Her mental state isn't stable now. It's more likely that she will need to speak to a therapist."  

 

Kai didn't know how long had he been staring at her sleeping figure. Her brows were pressed flat above her closed eyes. Her lips were parted slightly, with soft, calm breathing escaping from the cold thin lips. Her skin was cold, so cold that he was slowly getting scared again. Please don't. He never liked it when she was asleep. He'd be afraid, fearing that she'd never wake up again. The heart that was pumping for her hurts. 

 

"Her mental state isn't stable." Lay had told him that. It wasn't as if he wasn't aware of that, he just hoped that she wouldn't sink too deep. He'd want to be able to reach her, to be able to hold her from the fall, but how will he be able to do so if she was already far from his reach? The days she spent in slumber were long, like the spring that was gone, she was no longer alive. 

 

And when she opens her eyes, the one she'd wish to see wouldn't be him anyway. He thought, fingers trailed her jawline as his brows furrows uncomfortably. How much damage must be done before they both finally let go of everything else? How long do they have to hurt each other until they finally give up? How far do they have to kill each other? His heart is dying, struggling painfully to reach for her unwavering, cold heart.

 

She wouldn't be able to see. Her eyes were clouded by the painful reality to be able to see him. 

 

"Daesom..." Her name sounded hoarse, a blurred memory that strums and breaks the strings attached to his heart. "Please..." Look at me. His hand tangled on hers that were cold and brought the back of her palm to his lips. He would gladly give her warmth, if she'd just look at him this time. He wouldn't mind the wait, he wouldn't care if she'd have another man in her heart right then, right now. 

 

Because time will cure everything, slowly, the pain will fade away. 

 

Just like the numbing pain he held in his heart, that's what he'd hope. 

 

The covers shifted slightly, and he noticed her fingers that were curled tightly to the quilt. What is she dreaming about now? He'd like to know, but it is bound to hurt his already wounded heart. She wouldn't be dreaming about it. It would probably be Kim Myungsoo again, just as how she had been mourning over that loss. Myungsoo's funeral is going to be held in two days. He was told that by Lay. He ought to drop a visit in all respect for the man who saved Daesom, but he would know that Myungsoo's sister wouldn't welcome his entrance.

 

"Do you know? Kim Myungsoo's funeral will be held in two days." He spoke softly with his lips pressed firmly on her skin. Her brows frowned tight then, and he had seen the tears that slipped through her closed lids. "Let's visit him together, Daesom-ah."

 

He was waiting for an answer, even though it was stupid of him to think so. He was hoping that she'll open her eyes. That she'll finally show even the slightest bit of emotion that she held back, locked away from his line of vision. He wants her to smile, to cry, to feel even the slightest bit of depression with him. Because that's the only way he'd know if she still trusts him, or has she lost all hopes in him already.

 

She fidgeted, lips twitched uncomfortably as she shakes her head. "No..." Her gasp surprised him. Instantly, her eyes shot wide, and she pulled herself up forcefully with a tight embrace wrapped around her own body. She was sweating, blood cold sweat tricking down her forehead. Her shoulders were tensed, shivering frames engulfed her fragile self as her lips trembled in fear. It was a dream. A nightmare that she thought that she'd never get out of. 

 

"Daesom? Daesom!" She flinched at the touch that was firm on her shoulders. Looking up, her tears that were held back triggered like rainwater falling down her cheeks. A nightmare. A horrible nightmare it was. She thought and shook her head again. He wouldn't be here. She can hear voices, laughters mocking her. Is she hallucinating now? Why is Kai still here after all she had done? She hadn't been doing anything that made him stay, so why is he still here?

 

Her teeth shuddered when his fingers slowly trailed down her shoulders, thumbs rubbing her arms in comfort as he rests his forehead against hers. "It's okay, I'm here." He mumbled, and she pursed her lips. She wouldn't want to talk, fearing that he'll leave if she does. She'll rather keep quiet, to be the beta in this broken relationship than to create more problems to the disaster that she had caused in the past.

 

She didn't want to speak, but with his gentle touch on her cheek. She couldn't help the warm feeling that was emitting through his skin. He was wiping her tears away, the tears that she was supposed to have gotten tired of shedding after the long week. She was tired of mourning over the poor man's death. Kim Myungsoo... Her brother was an idiot for not telling her, for not making a proper reunion.

 

"I'll get Lay now, just... Stay calm alright? I'll be back." Kai was smiling, but she could see the bags dropping beneath his eyes. And those orbs that once enchants, screaming intense, were a dull shade of grey. He's tired. But she couldn't bring herself to apologize. Her voice wouldn't leave , stuck firm to the tube of no matter how hard she tries to speak. She wanted to apologize for everything, for being an idiot, but before she can finally take the last bit of courage she held in her palms to speak, he was already at the door.

 

I did it again. She frowned, hands tiredly covering her face as she slumps back to the bed. Exactly what is she doing? She couldn't even understand herself anymore. She was once determined to cast him out of her life that would eventually end, but now... She wasn't so sure anymore. What is there to make him leave? How will it do good to the both of them? 

 

There was a knock, but she couldn't be bothered. It wouldn't be Lay or Kai, they would enter without a single knock on the door. She heard the doorknob twisted with a light click, and then soft, timid footsteps. The same footstep she had heard before she falls asleep the other night. She couldn't recall exactly what happened, but she was sure that someone was there.

 

"Daesom-ssi." She carefully shifted her gaze to the girl that was standing before her. The girl was fiddling with her thumbs, almost nervously clicking her nails as she nibbles her lips. Her eyes were locked at the vast that was placed at the side. "Eunmi-ssi." She remembered the girl's name. She was Myungsoo's "sister", someone she wasn't exactly aware of until later then.

 

"Are you... Free to talk?" It wasn't exactly a question, it was more of a demand coming from Eunmi when she said that. Daesom can feel it right through her bone marrow when the girl shifted her gaze to her.

 

Can she decline that? She didn't feel like speaking. She didn't want to move. So she diverted her attention to the window instead. Speak. She'd like to say that, but her voice was betraying her. Her heart wasn't ready to speak up just yet. So she kept quiet and waited for the girl to speak. Eunmi pressed her lips thin and took a deep breath, and then, she started. 

 

"I'm the daughter of the family that adopted Myungsoo oppa." She bowed to her. "I'm Kim Eunmi." She said.

 

I know. Daesom nodded, eyes focused on the leaves that were falling by the window frame. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter