024

A Bad Boy's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

DISTANCE 
Within a distance, people interpret things differently.

 

She swore that this was going to be the last straw. Days had past and Myungsoo still isn't going to stop visiting her. She had concluded that Myungsoo was doing this on purpose, but Kai's reaction to this was a little too much. "Daesom likes oranges, not apples." She groaned when Kai took the plate of apples Myungsoo was offering to her. She was going to reach for it in the form of courtesy. Myungsoo is blind, but he had brought the apples in hopes to share it with her. But Kai just had to stop her from taking the plate from him.

 

"Is that so?" Myungsoo smiled at Daesom while she glares at Kai. "Stop it, Jongin." She furrowed her eyes, but the man wasn't listening to her. Kai placed the plate by the side table and sat on the bed, distancing Daesom and Myungsoo as he lifts up the orange he was peeling just awhile ago. "The orange?" Kai raised an eyebrow, and Daesom frowned in response. He wasn't going to listen to her. She just knew it.

 

Daesom sighed and took the orange from him, silently munching onto them as she watch the two men interact before her eyes.

 

Let's just say that it wasn't a good sight.

 

"Don't you have your own room? Why are you always here?" Kai wasn't really happy with it, but that didn't make Myungsoo back down either.

 

Myungsoo smiled. "Don't you have your own house? Why are you always here?" He responded, which, at that point, caused Kai's blood to boil. Kai was this close to hurting him, but he held it back, knowing that Daesom is just there, staring. She was actually keeping at eye on him to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid in the hospital. Jung Daesom was just like that, always looking out for him even though what she needs right now is to take care of herself.

 

Kai tugged his hands into his pocket. "I'm her fiance, I have every rights to be here." He was making a claim, while Myungsoo didn't seem to mind at all. Kim Myungsoo was just smiling when Kai took Daesom's hand and swiftly pressed his lips on the back of her palm. She was taken back, surprised by the sudden itimate movement before Myungsoo. Exactly what was he thinking? Just because the man is blind doesn't make it alright for him to do this. She parted her lips, about to speak when his hand landed gently by her cheek, thumb gently caressed her lips. 

 

"And I am a friend." Myungsoo was still smiling. Daesom turned to him, eyes rounded slightly as she blinks in question. Since when are they friends? She pressed her lips thin, and Kai's eyes darkened in response. Friends? Don't joke with him. He shifted slightly, hand instinctively shifted to her waist and pulled her closer. She flinched, holding back a soft yelp as she widens her eyes at him. "Jongin..." She warned, but Kai wasn't listening.

 

He continued to glare at  Myungsoo. "Piss off." He hissed, and Myungsoo laughed. "You're rude." He said, and Kai's eyes furrowed. Is everything a joke to him? Kai was completely serious here. This is war for him. He isn't as loving as any other men out there. He's selfish, and he won't hesitate to hurt if it means to keep her by his side. Nothing matters as long as he can have her in his arms. 

 

But Daesom just doesn't get it.

 

"Jongin, stop it." She frowned at him and nibbled her lips. She had seen enough. Kai was just being unnecessarily rude to Myungsoo when he did nothing wrong in the first place. She pressed her palm to his chest and pushed him, eyes shifted to Myungsoo as the man continues to smile at them. "I'm sorry, he's just an idiot." She muttered, and Kai grimaced when Myungsoo made a small effort to grin at her. "It's fine, men are idiots at love." Kai gritted his teeth at Myungsoo. Well how do you know?! He furrowed his eyes, but the man couldn't see. 

 

"I don't mind being an idiot for Daesom." He breathed, arms tightened around her waist as he rests by the crook of her neck. "Can't I?" He exhaled, and she immediately caught on her breath in response. He wasn't going to make it an easy conversation after this. She clamped her lips and curled her fingers into his shirt. She can't have Myungsoo here to hear this. She was thankful enough that he couldn't see, but to hear this? She'd rather die. 

 

"Jongin, please..." She whispered, and he smirked. He can't let this fun slide now. He'll enjoy ever bits of it. And the fact that the man couldn't see excites him. The expression Daesom has when she desperately tries to hold back her voice was equally entertaining as well. His lips explored again, travelling up to the back of her ear. Gently, he sighed and shift his gaze to Myungsoo. He doesn't know, he didn't hear it yet. Kai's smirk widened as he nibbles onto Daesom's ear. 

 

And then she gasped. 

 

"What's wrong?" Myungsoo's smile fell slightly, brows furrowed as he turns to them. It took Daesom everything she had to hold back the thought of screaming at Kai for doing this. She gathered herself and shakily, she responded. "Nothing... It's nothing..." She was panting slightly at his merciless touches. She glared at him, which he responded with a smile in trump. Pressing his lips on her forehead, he smiled apologically and turned to Myungsoo. He was going to rat at him again, but the door that opened surprised them. 

 

It was just Lay and Hyeri. 

 

"And the fanclub continues to expand, congratulations, Daesom." Lay gave a sarcastic comment and turned to Myungsoo. "Hwang, bring him back to his ward while I checkup on Daesom." Hyeri gave him a short nod and smiled at Myungsoo. "Shall we?" She asked, and Myungsoo smiled at him. "Of course." He got up from his seat and turned to Daesom. "Please finish the apples, even though you prefer oranges. Oh, and remember to fluff your pillow before you sleep." He smiled at Daesom. Pressing his index finger on his lips, he followed Hyeri out, while Lay can only give them a curious gaze in response. 

 

"Apples and oranges." He raised an eyebrow, and Kai rolled his eyes. "You're not eating them." He muttered when Daesom was going to reach for it. She frowned and glared at him. "I am." She slapped his hand and took the apple. It was an odd way to cut an apple. The slices were unusually thin, unlike the usual way people cut their apples. 

 

But Kai wasn't happy. He was dissatisfied with the fact that Daesom just wouldn't listen to him. He groaned and glared at the plate of apples before him. Is Daesom going to finish that? He furrowed his eyes and took a slice. He'd finish it for her just because. Lay rolled his eyes and turned to the machines. "Childish." He commented, and Kai eyed him a glare. "Leave me be." He mumbled, which Daesom had failed to see as she stares at the apple slice in her hand. Was it just her, or does this look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter