035 (Final)

A Bad Boy's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SEASONS OF LOVE 
May these flowers flourish in the next spring, too.

 

The days with him were nerve wrecking. How long has it been? The dancing fog that embraced the falling winter flower was no longer, welcoming a new spring that was soon to blossom. She dragged a soft smile, eyes watched the dropping dew in enthusiasm as she sighs. How far have they been through? Her cheeks heated up lightly at the memories. Happy thoughts, embarrassing moments... Everything just suddenly came to her even though she wasn't exactly in need of those images. 

 

She turned her attention back to the mirror. Her heart was thumping, so loud, so healthy that it was scaring her. Breathe, Daesom. She took in a deep breath, and breathed out next. Repeating the process, she thought that her heart was finally calm, even though she knew that it won't be the case. The nervousness was getting to her. Her bad habit was another problem, biting off the cherry color off her lips. She gulped and quickly took the lipstick that was left on the dresser and applied it on her lips, hoping that with her lacking skills, she'll be able to mask off the removed shade.

 

This should be fine. She thought, repetitively shifting her angle to check if the shade was visibly odd. It was fine. She sighed in content and turned to her hands. Everything was prepared, the venue, the outfit, the speech... And then there's them two. She looked at the mirror again. It was just one last check, she thought and reached to place her hand on her chest. Her heart was still thumping, skipping ropes with her fluttering stomach. 

 

"Smile, Som." His voice was vague, a distant memory. But she can see him smiling at her in the background. 

 

She heard a knock on the door, and when she turned around, the staff bowed at her in respond. 

 

"We have to get ready now, miss." The staff said, and she got up from her seat.

 

This is it. The turning point of their lives. She thought and nodded.

 

"Let's go." This time, she did not forget to smile.  

 

 

Early spring was cold, but a beautiful bliss where the gentle wind guides dancing trees. He wasn't exactly happy, possibly disappointed that there weren't petals blossoming around them. "I picked the wrong date." She recalled him groaning at the side while he tries his best to ignore his friends who were teasing him for the dull scenery. He wouldn't know, but she was actually contented enough with this. It was more than enough. She thought, eyes formed smiles as she shakes her head at his silly antics.

 

"It's a beautiful wedding." She blinked at Eunmi, who was smiling at her. Like her, Eunmi had gotten over the pain of losing their brother. Myungsoo was a distant memory, but a beautiful frame cherished by everyone around her. Daesom smiled, thankful that she had decided to attend the ceremony. "Thank you for being here." She said, and Eunmi shook her head. "You-"

 

"My sister is beautiful today." Daehyun had cut Eunmi off, smirking at Daesom cockily despite his usual gentleman get up. Daehyun was, unlike everyone else, he was wearing his office suit to her wedding. It pissed Daesom off to see how casual her brother can get on her special day. But come to think of it, it would have been weirder to see him being serious at something.

 

"You sounded sarcastic, Daehyun." Eunmi glared at him. "That's not a nice thing to say to the bride."

 

"I was being nice for once." Daehyun rolled his eyes and grinned at her. "Stop babying my sister. She's not a anymore anyway." 

 

"Piss off, Jung Daehyun." 

 

"That's not very nice, young lady. I'm still older than you." 

 

"Enough." Daesom pushed them apart. "I'm greeting other guests. Go make up your arguments somewhere else." She glared at them before heading off to another group. 

 

"Congratulations." She was greeted by a stranger. The woman looked considerably young, but somehow, it felt as if she was someone she had met before. Somewhere, in the distant past. She smiled at her and bowed. "Thank you." She said. The woman was a different beauty, a radiant, confident soloist. "The wedding that Jin planned was great as usual." She commented, and Daesom blinked her eyes, confused.

 

She noticed the small, contented look the woman had on her face when she looked around the place. There was a soft tug on her heart. But she chose to ignore the feeling. "You mean the wedding planner Kim?" The woman smiled, her eyes closed as she chuckles at Daesom. "Yes. Jin." She said, covering her lips as she giggles at her. "You're really adorable, as he mentioned back then." She said, her smile evidently softened then. 

 

"Be happy, you deserved this." She said and turned around. The woman had walked away, pushing her dark, raven hair back with confidence as she clicks her heels back to the blonde who frowned at her sudden disappearance. Daesom's brow frowned. She couldn't exactly understand the woman who simply walked away from her sight after blabbering words to a stranger like her. That man next to her seemed familiar, probably one of their family guests. Daesom pursed her lips and thought.

 

The two of them had matching rings. She realized that when she noticed the silver bands on both of their ring finger.  

 

"Daesom." She turned around. Kai was watching as the woman talks to someone she approached. "Who is that?" He asked, eyes glued to the woman. "Are you interested?" Daesom's words were flat. She knew she couldn't have expected this, but she gets fairly uncomfortable whenever Kai looks at someone else. It was probably because of his past records, but it makes her uneasy seeing him like this. But she couldn't have blamed him for that. The woman is beautifully eye-catching.  

 

Kai stiffened and turned to her. "She was talking to you." He raised an eyebrow. He wouldn't have anticipated this back then. But after the long wait, he was able to see all of Jung Daesom. A quiet, intelligent beauty. He smiled when she turned to glare at him. She wasn't exactly serious, but he knew better than to push her buttons. She gets jealous fairly easily too. He reminded himself that and wrapped his arm around her waist.

 

"I'm all yours, you know." He whispered, and she groaned in response. Dislikes cheesy lines, but blushes anyway. She was still glaring at him, but this time, she made no effort to move from his arm. He chuckled. Who would have known that Jung Daesom could have been so adorable like this? In her long, flattering white gown, she outshines everyone that attended the ceremony. She wouldn't know, but he can barely tear his gaze from her. His heart was screaming, slamming heavy arms whenever her eyes meets his. 

 

He's trashed, he knew that fairly well. 

 

"And with this, you're mine now." He pulled her closer and pressed his lips on her head. He'll ignore all the wolf whistles coming from his friends in the background. Jung Daesom is in his arms now, it's evident that he'll ignore everyone else then.

 

"MAKE A FOOTBALL TEAM, ALRIGHT?"

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter