014

A Bad Boy's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SUCCUMBED RESISTANCE 
He had given up, and she didn't have the strength to hold.

 

In the darkness, the abyssal mist that clouded the rational mind of hers, she tightened her grip on the glass in her hands. There was no emotion shown, no tears, no tremble... Nothing. She was just there, eyes staring blankly at the man who was casually drinking the crimson liquid in his hand. The identical, horribly lack of expression mirrored on his face when he coldly stared at her as if he was trying to read what's going on in her mind. "You look pathetic." He gave a blunt comment, and the girl looked up with a brief, cold glare. "Do you really think that he'll give up if you do that?" 

 

"You can't assume that everyone is like you." He said and placed the glass onto the brown study desk. 

 

Daesom was just staring at the transparent glass in her hand. Her fingers clicked, tapped on the glass surface as she furrows her eyes slightly. "He will give up eventually." She muttered softly and looked up.

 

"When did you come back?" She asked, as if to change the topic. She didn't want to talk about him here. Not with this man who have the wits and guts to torment her in a split second. The man sighed and bent down to open the small chiller. "Two days ago. I went to your school, called you, but there was no answer. So I figured that you must have been hiding somewhere, I took the chance and found you in the female's washroom." He picked up a bottle and unscrewed the cap. "I figured that it'll be troublesome to explain to him if you're found by any other people, so I took you to Lay." He looked up at her. "Want some?" 

 

She frowned. "I'm underaged." He rolled his eyes. "It's only the two of us, in my study room." He clicked his tongue and poured the drink to her glass.

 

Her eyes looked down on the drink. The crimson liquid that reflected the despair glint in her eyes. Wordlessly, she placed the glass back to the study desk and dropped a soft sigh. "You're taking medications." He stated, and she gave him a short nod. "You're blindly taking aspirin when Lay still doesn't know what's your problem?" He raised an eyebrow. Daesom pressed her lips. "Aspirin is safe." She muttered, and he rolled his eyes in response. "Sure. But to overdose on them? Of course it's safe." He slammed the glass harshly on the desk and furrowed his eyes at her.

 

"If you want to kill yourself, just jump off a building. I heard that it'll be a fast death." He slammed his glass to the desk. "You won't have time to think either."

 

"Try living my life, brother." She snapped and tightened her empty grip. She was angered, unhappy with her brother's bold remark. He had assumed that she was suicidal when she simply overdosed because of the pain she was experiencing everytime. The attack was happening more frequently than usual, which explained her panic decision in taking more than needed.

 

She breathed heavily and reached for her purse, taking out the familiar silver bottle. She can feel the attack coming in, and was about to uncap the bottle when he took it from her. "Jung Daehyun!" She snapped, and he shook his head. "You're not thinking straight." He stated, dropping the bottle behind his back. "You assumed that everytime you panic, you're having an attack." She glared at him. "I wouldn't have fainted if it weren't for the pain-"

 

"But you're not in pain right now." Daehyun said, and she stood up from her seat. Of course, she wasn't as tall as him, but there was the intimidation card that she'd like to pull on this one. She needed the pills that he took from her. "Give it back." She tried to reach for it, but he only pulled it further away. "Are you trying to kill yourself?" He asked, and she responded. This time, rather aggressively. "No!" She shouted, still trying to reach for the silver bottle. 

 

"Then what were you trying to do? You're not in pain and yet you're desperate for it." He frowned. "You're getting addicted to it." 

 

"I'm not." She groaned and snatched the bottle from him. There were short, uneven pants, but she wasn't going to take the pills in front of him this time. He was going to stop her from doing so anyway. "I'm not..." She looked away as she tries to hold back the shaky breath. She didn't like how this is going. She was getting confused after hearing what Daehyun had said. Yes, she didn't feel the pain now, but why did she instinctively grabbed the pills the moment she felt that her heart was unsettled? 

 

"Hyperventilation, confusion. All the more reason to cancel them out of your actual symptoms." She turned around and found Lay there, raising an eyebrow on her. He was leaning against the doorframe, hands casually tugged in his pockets. He pushed himself up and walked towards her, casually, he snatched the pills away from her. "Pretty sure I gave you 81mg per kilogram." He shook the bottle. "And I had the pharmacist refill your bottle yesterday." He turned to her, and she shifted her gaze away. 

 

"You must have taken more than 150mg then." He threw the bottle back to her, and she caught it. She still wouldn't say anything. So he turned to Daehyun and clicked his tongue. "The next time you have an attack, I'll have you on tox screen to see if you're playing with drugs." He stated and turned around.

 

"Why are you here?" Daesom asked, and Lay stopped his tracks. He turned around and raised an eyebrow on her.

 

"Daehyun called. He suspected that you were on drugs, which you are. No biggie. It's just aspirin poisoning." He smirked lightly and turned to Daehyun. "Symptoms: Nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, headache, confusion, hyperventilation, tachycardia, fever..." He lifted the brown envelop in his hand and tossed it to Daehyun. "And she clearly experienced six out of eight symptoms dancing in her body. I'll rule out the hyperventilation and tachycardia from her existing symptoms for now." He said and grinned at Daesom, who was glaring at him.

 

"Get her off those drugs then." Daehyun said, and she tightened her grip on the silver bottle in her hand. "Pull back the prescription, or have someone to watch over her." Lay suggested and turned to Daesom. "Which would you prefer?" He raised an eyebrow, and she furrowed her eyes at him.

 

He was going to go back to the topic. The one where he asked about Kai back there. It was just a few hours ago, of course he'll talk about it now. She gritted her teeth lightly and took a deep breath. Daehyun tugged his hands into his pockets as he casted a light smirk. He knew that Lay wasn't aware about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter