Vampire and his Cavity!?

My Friend Is a Vampire!

 

Title: Vampire and his Cavity!?

Pairing: Kyumin, Minor!Yewook

Characters: Kid!Kyuhyun, Kid!Sungmin, Yesung, Ryeowook

Genre: Fluffy, Vampire!AU

Rating: PG

Summary: What would happen if Sungmin got a cavity? Is there any way Kyuhyun could cheer him up?

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 


There were many quirks to having an adorable sweets loving vampire as your best friend. One of them being that whenever Sungmin came over to play with Kyuhyun he would bring in sweets and snacks and share half of it with Kyuhyun. 
 

To be honest at first Kyuhyun hated sweets. Hated it with a flaming passion, but Sungmin was very persistent and would try to force feed him some sugar cookies. Kyuhyun would constantly refuse and try to run away from the vampire which resulted in Sungmin to become sad to the point where it looked like he was about to cry in any second. Of course Kyuhyun would immediately feel guilty and give in to Sungmin's wishes. This would always happen on a daily basis and Kyuhyun would eat the candy just to make Sungmin happy and eventually he grew to love them just as much or even more than Sungmin. 
 

There once was a time when both Kyuhyun and Sungmin decided to play at a playground since the weather was perfect and not a single cloud could be spotted in the sky. Also because Yesung and Ryeowook wanted some alone time at the house. As usual Sungmin brought along his pink Hello Kitty backpack filled with lollipops, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, pixy stix, chocolate bars, and other sugary sweets. After an hour or so of playing around both Kyuhyun and Sungmin's stomachs started grumbling and they decided it was time for a snack break. They chose to sit on the swings since the benches were occupied by mothers watching over their children or talking amongst themselves. Sungmin took out the cookies and gave them to Kyuhyun while he started on his favorite cherry flavored lollipops.
 
 
Not even five minutes had passed and a tall kid walked up to Sungmin and yanked the lollipops out of his hands and threw them harshly to the ground. "Don't you think you're too fat to be eating lollipops? You're chubbier than your friend! You FATSO!" The kid teased and laughed as he saw Sungmin crying. Sungmin would always get emotional when people about his weight, it was a sensitive topic. The kid turned to look at Kyuhyun to as well but froze in his tracks at the death glare he was receiving. He gulped and turned around to make a hasty retreat. That didn't stop him from kicking Sungmin's backpack one last time. "F-FATTY!"
 

Kyuhyun determinedly stood up from his swing and stood in front of Sungmin. He grabbed Sungmin's face and wiped away his tears with his little thumbs. "Don't listen to that kid Min! You aren't fat. You're cute the way you are and if eating sweets makes you smile well then I say... buy more candy and be happy!" Smiling, Kyuhyun kissed Sungmin's forehead and turned around to go beat up that kid that made his precious Sungmin cry. 
 
 
"Sweets... do make me happy... but so do you. Thanks Kyu..." Sungmin looked down at his lap and smiled despite his tears.
 
 
Afterwards both Ryeowook and Yesung had to come to the playground to look for their little siblings only to find Kyuhyun beating up a kid who was a head taller than him and Sungmin sniffling by the swings. In panic mode, Ryeowook ran towards Kyuhyun to protect him and break up the fight while Yesung went to ask Sungmin what happened. In the end the tall kid apologized to both Sungmin and Kyuhyun, bowing a full ninety degrees after an intimidating glare from Yesung. After that the four of them went to eat ice cream to put this incident behind them.
 
 
Since that day Sungmin has been eating sweets 24/7. No one was complaining, but they did worry from time to time. 
 
 
 

 

"Kyuuuuuu!~ I brought some chocolate chip cookies! Do you want some?" Sungmin squealed as he ran to the living room not even bothering to knock on the door to be let in. He placed his pink lunchbox on top of a small table in the middle of the room and took out the biggest chocolate chip cookie Kyuhyun had ever seen. 

 

Kyuhyun repeatedly nodded his head. Chocolate chip cookies were his favorite after all. He gratefully took the cookie with his two little hands. He started to drool after he smelled the delicious chocolate aroma. "It smells really good." He was about to take a bite when he noticed Sungmin staring at the cookie with big puppy eyes. He tore the cookie in half without a seconds hesitation and gave Sungmin the slightly bigger looking one.
 
 
Sungmin's face immediately lit up and pure happiness, "You're sharing with me? Thanks Kyu! I was a little hungry myself."
 
 
Kyuhyun smiled and his heart did a mini-flip at Sungmin's cuteness.
 
 
Sungmin opened his mouth really wide and took a large bite out of the cookie but immediately yelped in pain afterwards. "Owww!" 
 

"What's wrong Sungminnie?" Kyuhyun asked worriedly as he looked Sungmin up and down to see if anything had hit him. 
 

Sungmin tried to stop his sniffling, "I- I don't know." He cautiously took another bite because he wasn't going to waste a delicious cookie, and his hand immediately flew to his round cheek trying to hold back another cry of pain. 
 

"Sungminnie... Maybe... You might have a cavity?" Kyuhyun quietly asked, after putting two and two together.
 

"W-what? No way. That's impossible Kyu. I, Lee Sungmin, can never get a cavity." Sungmin pouted. "Vampires can't get cavities."
 
 
 

 

 
"Yesung hyung! Yesung hyung! I think Sungminnie has a cavity!" Kyuhyun shouted worriedly when he saw Yesung entering the living room with Ryeowook behind him. They were from one of their mini-lunch date. He grabbed Yesung's hands and dragged him towards the couch where Sungmin was currently sitting and pouting.
 

"Do not..." Sungmin mumbled stubbornly, but whined afterwards since it was painful to even talk.
 

"Nice try Kyu brat, Sungmin has never gotten a cavity before and neither have I which proves that vampires can't get cavities. Since I'm in a good mood I will humor you with your little prank." Yesung rolled his eyes, and kneeled down so that he was in front of Sungmin. "Open your mouth Minnie." Reluctantly Sungmin did as he was told and Yesung's eyes grew wide in shock.
 
 
"Well?" Ryeowook asked as he tried to calm down a worried Kyuhyun.
 

"I'm no dentist but it looks like you do have a cavity, right on your baby fang. " Yesung answered in bewilderment. "I need to take you to the dentist right now."
 
 
"Who knew vampires could get cavities..."
 

"W- will it hurt?" Sungmin whimpered, fear in his eyes.
 

"Only a little." Yesung nodded knowing that lying to his little brother wouldn't be the best thing to do at the moment.
 

Sungmin didn't like pain at all. Well... who did? Getting hurt was never on his list of things to do. Sungmin being the clumsy vampire child that he is would always fall from the playground's slide or swing, or trip over a random rock. He would always end up in tiny bruises or scratches and he didn't like it one bit. The thing he didn't like the most was hitting his pinky toe into the corner of something hard. He wouldn't stop crying for an hour. Imagine getting your fang pulled out, it would be a hundred times worse.
 

"I don't wanna go!" Sungmin cried and flailed his arms and legs everywhere. "Yesungie hyung~ It'll hurt."
 

"You're going whether you like it or not." Yesung frowned, "Ryewook! Kyu brat! Can you two stay and watch the house while I'm gone. Oh and brat don't prank call the neighbors again, I knew it was you."
 

"That wasn't me... It must've been you're pet turtle or something..." Kyuhyun retorted, not even looking Yesung in the eye.
 

"Right..." Yesung rolled his eyes. "Sungminnie let's go." 
 

Kyuhyun the whole time was looking at the floor, his fringe covering the sad look on his face. He felt really bad thinking that it was all his fault that Sungmin got a cavity. "Min... I- I'm really sorry that you got a cavity. It's all my fault." Kyuhyun apologized reaching out to hold Sungmin's tiny hand. "I should've reminded you to brush your teeth or something..." 
 

"It's not your fault Kyu brat. " Yesung reluctantly patted Kyuhyun's head, "Sungminnie should've brushed his teeth before going to bed everyday. Don't blame yourself."  
 

"I'd never be mad at you Kyu. You're my best friend." Sungmin tried his best to smile despite the pain and pulled Kyuhyun closer to give him a hug.
 

Ryeowook the whole time was watching the scene with an amused grin on his face, while Yesung was scowling like an old man.
 

"Alright then Wookie. We'll be back soon." Yesung waved before forcefully dragging Sungmin, whose was grabbing onto the nearest thing for dear life, out the door.
 
 
"WAIT!" Ryeowook shouted before the two were out of sight, "Won't the dentists freak out once they see Sungmin's fangs?"
 
 
Silence filled the room for a few seconds before Yesung burst out into awkward laughter. "I almost forgot about that. Silly me. Sungminnie can just force his fangs to retract. All vampires can do that, we just choose not to."
 
 
Both Ryeowook and Kyuhyun breathed a sigh of relief. It would've been really bad if Sungmin was found out, who knows what Yesung would've done to keep the dentist from telling the whole world that vampires do exist.
 

"Hyuuuuung! I don't wanna go!" Sungmin shouted, "Let me goooo!"
 

Kyuhyun sighed as he watched the front door close. He could still hear Sungmin's shouting and Yesung's grunting due to the small boy trying to kick or punch his hyung in a futile attempt to escape. 
 

"Don't be sad Kyuhyunnie. It's not your fault." Ryeowook smiled encouragingly, while patting his brother's fluffy head. "He should've brushed his teeth."
 

"But it is hyung. I- I shouldn't have given him so much sweets. I should've reminded him to brush his teeth everyday." Kyuhyun scolded himself, feeling guilty all over again. What if Sungmin's fangs never grow out again.
 

"Little Sungminnie's old enough to do that without anyone reminding him. Besides I'm pretty sure he wasn't aware of the fact that he could get cavities just like regular people." Ryeowook chuckled good-heartedly, "But instead of moping around why don't you think of a way to cheer Sungminnie up when he comes back. I'm pretty sure he'll be in a lot of pain and in a cranky mood." 
 

"What do you think I should do hyung?" Kyuhyun smiled, shuffling his feet in excitement. He would do anything to make Sungmin happy.
 

Ryeowook smirked. He knew his little brother had a crush on the adorable Sungmin. This could be interesting. "Come closer Kyuhyunnie."
 

Kyuhyun came closer. "Why don't you give him... a kiss?" Ryeowook whispered quietly into Kyuhyun's tiny ear, "I'm pretty sure he'll like it a lot."
 

Kyuhyun blushed. "W-what? A k-kiss? R-really??"
 

Ryeowook nodded, doing a victory dance in his mind.
 

"O-ok I'll do it then."
 

"Great. Now while we're waiting let's play with Ddangkoma!" Ryeowook cheered, pulling Kyuhyun to the tv room. Ryeowook grew to love the cute turtle just as much as Yesung did.
 
 

 

About an hour later Yesung came back home with a sniffling Sungmin trudging behind him. 
 

Sungmin had the worst experience at the dentist's office. He couldn't help but to be scared when the dentist approached him wearing a white mask with a needle in his left hand and a large plier in the other. He started to squirm and the nurses had to hold him down. Yesung wasn't allowed to be in the same room as him but he knew that his brother was still there, only invisible so he felt a little better. 
 

The dentist had to pull out his tooth/fang because it did have a cavity and it was extremely painful. He started sobbing in pain, and afterwards he had to sit through a long lecture from the dentist on how it's important to have good dental hygiene so that this wouldn't happen again. Sungmin who was still a sobbing mess promised that he would brush his teeth more often, because the pain was unbearable and he wouldn't want to re-live this experience ever again.  
 

"Now Sungmin I hope you learned a valuable lesson from this? Right?" Yesung asked, voice stern. "We won't forgot to brush our teeth before going to bed right?"
 

"Yes hyung..." Sungmin mumbled, it was painful to talk and he had to hold a bag of ice onto his cheek to help with the swelling. Yesung went to open the door, surprised that it was unlocked.
 

"Wookie! How many times do I have to tell you! Lock the door! What if a robber came into the house?" Yesung lectured Ryeowook who was currently laying down on the floor watching Ddangkoma walk at an agonizingly slow place. "...and where's the brat?"
 

"Welcome back Yesungie, Sungminnie. I told to Ddangkoma to do it. I guess he forgot to do it." Ryeowook replied looking up at Yesung, "You should learn to listen to directions Ddangkoma." Ryeowook lectured, poking Ddangkoma's shell. "...and Kyuhyunnie's in Sungmin's room."
 

Yesung's right eye twitched and sighed. I think I'm rubbing off on Wookie to much...? "Sungminnie go to your room and lay down okay? You need to rest."
 

Sungmin nodded and went up to his room eagerly, wanting to see Kyuhyun. When he opened the door to his room he was immediately tackled/hugged by a worried looking Kyuhyun. "Are you okay Minnie? Did the dentist hurt you too much? Did you cry? Does it still hurt?"
 

Sungmin wanted to shout out a YES IT DID! IT HURT SO MUCH! I HATE THE EVIL DENTIST! IT WAS SUPER SCARY! But he didn't want to scare and make Kyuhyun worry even more. "I'm fine Kyu..." Sungmin mumbled. He went to go lay down on his bed and Kyuhyun instantly crawled next to him.
 

"So... Minnie isn't mad at me?" Kyuhyun asked worriedly after a few minutes of silence.
 

Sungmin shook his head rappidly. "I could never be mad at you Kyu. I like you a lot."
 

Kyuhyun blushed, "Me too." he then sat on the bed and turned to look at Sungmin. "Does it hurt Min?"
 

"Mhmm... but only a little."
 

Kyuhyun's face became a light shade of red. "I'm going to cheer you up." Kyuhyunn leaned down slowly, eyes locked with Sungmin.
 

"K-Kyu w-wha--?" Sungmin stuttered before Kyuhyun kissed his soft lips. There was a clicking sound but neither of them seemed to hear it. Since they were both still young and inexperienced there was no tongue or teeth involved. Just lips against lips, but that was enough to make their cheeks a shade of pink and their little hearts to soar. 
 
 
Kyuhyun was the first to break the kiss, both of them red in the face. "I- I hope you'll feel better Min. Rest o-okay. I-I'm going to be downstairs with the hyungs. B-bye." he blushed not looking at Sungmin in the eye and ran out the bedroom.
 

Sungmin was still in shock but seconds later a cute grin made its way onto his face. If Kyuhyun kissed him every time he went to the dentist then he'd be okay with getting a cavity any day. 
 


 

Ryeowook chuckled while looking at the picture he took seconds ago with his cellphone of the two kids kissing in the other room. He didn't expect his little shy brother to kiss Sungmin on the lips though. He thought sweet innocent Kyuhyun would kiss Sungmin on the cheek instead. Boy was he wrong. They're cute. Yesungie! I have to show you something!" 
 

Sungmin heard excited squeals of happiness coming from downstairs, it sounded like Ryeowook hyung's voice, but he didn't bother to find out why. He was still thinking about Kyuhyun's sweet kiss. 
 



"Look! Look! Yesungie!" Ryeowook squealed as he showed Yesung the picture on his cellphone, "Kyuhyun kissed Sungminnie!~ Isn't that adorable?" Ryeowook couldn't contain all these feels. 
 
 
Yesung's left eye twitched and he had to supress a protective growl that was threatening to come out of his mouth. How dare that brat kiss my precious little brother without my permission!? But I have to admit they do look cute together...
 

"My baby brother is growing up~" Ryeowook cooed, "I knew Kyuhyun would top in this relationship. Way to go little brother!~ KYUMIN!~" 
 

"Umm sorry to burst your bubble Wookie but Sungmin isn't feeling well so he must've been caught off guard by the kiss. Sungmin will be the guy in the relationship! MINKYU!" Yesung retaliated. His little brother might be adorable but he's very manly when he wants to be.
 

"No! Kyumin!"
 

"No!! Minkyu!"
 

"Hyungs!? You guys sound like crazy fangirls..." Kyuhyun deadpanned after hearing the conversation escalating from whispering to shouting coming from the kitchen, "What are you guys even talking about? Topping? What does that mean and why are you guys saying Kyumin and Minkyu?"
 

Both Ryeowook and Yesung weren't expecting Kyuhyun to hear their conversation and were pretty shocked. There were frozen in their spots with Ryeowook caught pulling Yesung's hair while Yesung was caught pulling Ryeowook's cheeks. They let out small coughs and separated, giving themselves a couple of inches apart. Yesung was the first to return to normal.
 
 
"It means that you're going to fu--" Yesung replied but couldn't finish his sentence when Ryeowook covered his mouth and jumped on top of him to keep him quiet. 
 
 
"Don't listen to him Kyu baby~ Just go to the living room and watch tv okay! We'll tell you when you're older." Ryeowook laughed a little too high pitched than usual as if he were hiding something and made shooing motions with his hands.
 

Why are my hyungs so weird? Kyuhyun stood there with his hands on his hips, shaking his head and went back to the living room. Maybe Ddangkoma can tell me why?
 
 

*~*~*~*~*~*
Authors Note: Summer vacation is HEREEEEEE!!~ *fist pump* I finally get to write * u *)b I hope you guys liked this oneshot. <3 I'm going to try to update my other fics as well ^^
 
Comment, Upvote, Subscirbe <3 (You know you want toooo... kekeke)

Follow me? @KuroMokonaChan