Bullying the Vampire

My Friend Is a Vampire!

"You're such a girl! What kind of boy likes to wear pink!"

"What's up with your hair! It's blond! Freak!"

"His eyes are a freakish golden color too!"

"S-stop it... l-leave me alone..." Sungmin sniffled, tears already falling down his chubby cheeks. He was minding his own business in the park waiting for Kyuhyun to come along so they could play like always when all of a sudden three scary older looking kids came and started picking on him. He tried to ignore them at first but when they started calling him a freak he lost it. Name calling held a sensitive spot for him. He never wanted to be a vampire, he knew that he was a freak from the beginning and all he ever wanted was to be normal. 

"Oh look the baby is crying! What a wuss!" The tallest kid from the group came forward and harshly pushed Sungmin down to the cement floor. Sungmin cried out in pain when his knee made contact with the pavement, scraping it and causing it to bleed. He held onto his knee and looked down at the ground.

"K-Kyu... help me..." Sungmin whimpered softly to himself. He would've tried to run away but his short legs wouldn't have gotten him that far anyway. He also thought of using his vampire powers to make the bullies unconscious but he remembered that his Yesung hyung forbid him to use his powers unless it was for feeding. Nothing else. 

"He's annoying! Let's beat him up!" One of the kids yelled angrily, he reached forward and harshly pulled Sungmin's blond hair causing the latter to cry out in pain. The others followed suit and began to kick Sungmin's stomach. "N-no more! Stop! P-please! KYUHYUN HELP ME!"


 




"I'm so late!" Kyuhyun mentally facepalmed at his laziness. If he hadn't decided to take an afternoon nap then he wouldn't be late. Also he wouldn't have to been running to the park to meet with Sungmin, who he hoped wasn't mad at him for being late. No one wanted to face an angry Sungmin, he was terrifying. He was already sweating like crazy and gasping for breathe after only running a block. "Why am I so non-athletic?" 

Kyuhyun let out a sigh of relief when he was able to see the park. He immediately frowned when he saw three kids, which were  from his school hovering over Sungmin who was in a feedle position on the floor. He could tell that Sungmin was in pain and that he was crying. With anger as his fuel he ran as fast as he could and stood in front of Sungmin, arms spread wide in order to protect him. "What did you do to Sungmin you jerks!?"

"K-kyu..." Sungmin looked up from his position to see Kyuhyun's stiff back facing him.

"Kyuhyun you know this freak?" One of the bullies asked, actually taken aback at his sudden appearance. 



"Of course he would know him! The nerd needs a friend after all why not a freak? They make a wonderful pair don't they?" The tallest kid smirked evilly. "He-"

The kid wasn't able to finish his sentence since an angry Kyuhyun punched him right in the face, making him stumble backwards. "I don't care if you call me a nerd but never EVER call Sungmin a freak! He's not a freak! You guys are!"

The bully touched his nose and winced in pain, he looked at his hand to see that it was bleeding. "You're going to pay for this Cho! Let's get him!" All three boys tackled Kyuhyun to the floor away from Sungmin who was still clutching his stomach in pain. Kyuhyun tried his best to fight back but 3 on 1 leaves him at a disadvantage. He did his fair share of kicking, punching and biting but he was getting tired. Groans of pain could be heard throughout the park.

Sungmin opened his eyes when he heard Kyuhyun cry out in pain. He could feel the anger boiling inside of his tiny body when he saw Kyuhyun being punched in the face. It was okay if they hurt him, but not Kyuhyun. No one can hurt his Kyuhyun. He slowly got up, all of the pain he felt previously disappeared instantly and his eyes started to glow a bright golden color and his fangs unconsciously came out. He was going to teach these guys a lesson. A low snarl escaped his lips as he approached the unsuspecting bullies.

"S-Sungmin... S-stop... D-don't do anything that'll get you in trouble with Yesung hyung..." Kyuhyun gasped out in pain when he noticed Sungmin's fangs and eye color. "I-I'm fine..." Kyuhyun tried his best to smile even if it looked strained.

"B-but Kyu..." Sungmin protested, his eyes still glaring at the bullies but he controlled himself and his fangs were once again hidden.

"Don't worry about me... I still have some fight in me left!" Kyuhyun yelled before kicking one of the kids hard in the groin, who instantly fell to the floor at a loss of breathe. 

"That was low!" the other kid yelled out before lunging towards Kyuhyun. Sungmin reacted quicker and blocked the punch, surprising the bully and head-butting him in the process. 
Sungmin and Kyuhyun looked at each other and nodded in unison. "We're not going down without a fight!"




"Ow... I'm so sore..." Kyuhyun mumbled out loud in pain. He laid sprawled out on the ground in exhaustion covered in bruises, scratches, and dirt. His glasses were broken and he had a black eye from being punched so hard in the face earlier. His bottom lip was bruised badly.

The fight lasted a lot longer then accepted, with violent punches to the face and kicks to the stomach. Eventually everyone got tired, yet Kyuhyun and Sungmin didn't give up and continued to throw their share of punches which made the bullies run away in fear, crying to their moms. It was a long-winded fight but they won in the end.

"Me too..." Sungmin let a soft sigh out. He was laying next to Kyuhyun with his own share of bruises as well. Sadly his pink shirt was ripped in many places and his right cheek was swollen and he had many scratches on his knees. But being a vampire all of his injuries were healing rather quickly. "I think we need to learn martial arts to defend ourselves. What do you think Kyu?" 

Kyuhyun scoffed, "Me? Martial arts? I'm too lazy for that. You should learn it Min and then you'll protect us."

"I'll always protect you Kyu."

"And I'll always protect you Min in my own way. You don't know how angry I was when I saw you getting hurt. I was worried about you." Kyuhyun frowned and turned to his side to face Sungmin, the slight movement making him wince in pain. "I wish I could've prevented you from getting hurt though. I'm really sorry."

Sungmin smiled, "You were there for me when I needed you Kyu. I was happy that you came to my rescue and when the jerk called me a freak you stood up for me." 

Kyuhyun blushed, "Of course you're not a freak and like I said I'll always be there for you... always. We'll fight the bullies together. You can't get rid of me that easily ya'know."

Sungmin giggled, "I would never want to get rid of you. Your my best friend and I love you and yeah next time we'll beat those bullies up real good." He slowly stood up and helped Kyuhyun to get up as well, "Come on let's go to my home. I'm sure Yesung hyung has some band-aids we can use. Afterwards we can eat something and watch some TV together!"

"That sounds like a good plan to me. I'm starving."

The two of them walked out of the park hand-in-hand, not noticing all of the questioning and worried looks from people staring at their disheveled appearance. Little did they know a figure was watching the whole scene from the comfort of a tree branch. 

Like the overprotective older brother that he is Yesung turned himself invincible and watched over Sungmin, since he still didn't trust Kyuhyun yet. He would've interfered when he noticed Sungmin getting bullied but Kyuhyun beat him to it and he felt that he should let things play out. He wanted to see if he could trust Kyuhyun to take care of his little brother when he can't be there. 

In the end he can say without any doubt that he can fully trust Kyuhyun to be there for his little brother and that made him smile. He gracefully jumped out of the tree and landed effortlessly onto the ground. He had to make it home before the other's make it back, which was rather easy since he could just teleport whenever he wanted to, but first he had a score to settle and he started walking towards the direction of where the three bullies ran off to.

"No one hurts my little brother and his friend." Yesung smirked evilly, "Those brats need to be taught a lesson. A good scare won't hurt right?"

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: I hate bullies >.> //punches them all