Chocolate and Vanilla Pudding

Venus

 

Chapter 26:

“Would you kindly remove your from my face?” I inquired.

Baekhyun only shifted slightly, just so his back now touched my nose. It was a move to inject possible hope into me but alas he truly remained in his incredibly awkward position. I then casually waited for Chanyeol to come in and see Baekhyun sitting on my lap, then proceed to set me on fire.

“You’re fine,” Baekhyun replied. “Keep going please.”

The two of us had been practicing our little song for the talent show for the past two hours in my hospital room. He made it impossible for me to play guitar by sitting on my lap. I mean, the point was to make sure we could be together even without the guitar but Baekhyun thought it’d be necessary to occupy me as a way of restricting me from the guitar. I didn’t understand the point because it wasn’t like I was going to go grab it anyway.

He was just in one of those moods.

“From where?” I wondered.

“Jesus,” Baekhyun whined. “See, you ruined the vibe by stopping now we have to awkwardly jump back in somewhere.”

His was starting to make me pissy.

“Baekhyun I am five seconds from ejecting you off me and throwing your sorry out the window,” I informed him, nearly close to dead serious.

Baekhyun turned towards me, an eyebrow raised above his right, eyelined eye.

“Okay fine,” he sighed. “Let’s begin from the chorus.

“Five, six, seven, eight, I lost my mind, from the moment I saw you, oh…” I began.

Baekhyun led off from me.

“Everything except for you gets in slow motion,”

We managed to make it through the rest of the song without any issues. The two of us were actually pretty good at keeping internal beats and staying together.

“How’s your throat?” Baekhyun asked when we were finished, leaning over to grab my water off the nightstand.

I definitely noticed how he unnecessarily remained in my lap when he could’ve easily gotten up to grab the water. It’s not like we were practicing. He was being rather clingy and I wondered whether he’d gotten into a fight with Chanyeol.

I took the water, sipping it and watching Baekhyun’s even expression, too even for a sassy, gay, diva like himself. It made me a little nervous.

“Hey,” I murmured. “Is something up?”

Baekhyun turned to me.

“Why would you say that?” He wondered, partially sounding legitimately confused, but the other half of him said it in a slightly knowing way.

I motioned towards his position on my lap.

“Oh god,” Baekhyun crossed his arms. “Am I not allowed to hang out with my pneumonia infected friend?”

I raised an eyebrow.

“Key emphasis on the pneumonia part,” I almost laughed in reply. “You’re all over me. I’m surprised that the bacteria hasn’t seeped into your skin and infected your immune system yet.”

I was supposed to be teasing him but for a moment he looked generally frightened.

“God Baekhyun,” I laughed loudly this time. “I’m kidding. I’m hardly contagious anymore just left with malfunctioning lungs, a sore throat and the partial inability to breathe. Don’t worry.”

Baekhyun’s eyes watered the slightest bit.

“Kyung, I’m sorry! Do you not want to do this?” He desperately asked.

“Okay, Baekhyun,” I asserted. “What the hell is wrong? You’re being super emotional, like more emotional than usual.”

“It’s nothing,” he remarked.

“Did something happen with-“

The crack of the door was heard and in walked Chanyeol. I felt Baekhyun’s weight me but not in a I-don’t-want-you-to-think-this-is-a-scandal way but more like a super startled way, like Chanyeol was the person he least expected.

“U-Uh  Chanyeol’s here!” Baekhyun announced his presence in a daze.

I observed the two carefully, shifting in my hospital gown.

Chanyeol looked completely normal, wearing his school uniform and carrying his backpack. His hair was the usual frizzy mess and he wore the same usual ditzy but happy expression.

“Baekie!” He cheered. “I brought you guys some bubble tea for your hard work in preparation for tomorrow night!”

Chanyeol held up the drinks smiling his eyes into crescents.

“Oh u-um thanks Chanyeol,” Baekhyun replied.

The latter just nodded, his wild hair bouncing, and put down the drinks on the nightstand.

Alright, this was odd. Baekhyun was definitely flustered over something about Chanyeol. I considered for a second that maybe they banged but Chanyeol was acting completely normal. Whereas on the other hand, Baekhyun was acting like he was a flame that he was attracted to like a moth but just didn’t want to get burned.

Despite my metaphorical analysis of the situation, I knew something was just off. Their usual flow and synchronization was off and I wasn’t even sure Chanyeol noticed or was even slightly aware of it. If he was, he didn’t show it.

“Where’s Jongin?” Chanyeol wondered.

“Doing my homework,” I answered with slight guilt but then again, Jongin offered.

“Did you visit your parents yet?” Chanyeol continued the questions.

I expected Baekhyun to whip him into shape like he usually did when Chanyeol asked awkward things but he remained silent sitting opposite of me on the hospital bed.

“No,” I sighed. “I’m not really inclined to visit them in prison yet. But I did call them. Actually they called me and the conversation was short and awkward and I’m kind of regretting it but I know it’s the right thing. I guess.”

I still felt inevitably guilty.

“Man that ,” Chanyeol replied, circling the room.

He crossed to the window glancing out and then touching the window sill thoughtfully.

“So would we put the camera here and you two can sing on the bed or…?” he trailed off when he caught Baekhyun and I having a silent, unobtrusive eye conversation.

“Not sure yet,” I answered, turning to him, watching his face start to study Baekhyun’s in wonder.

Finally, he was beginning to notice something was wrong, or at least outwardly notice.

“Guys,” I broke between their stares. “What the hell is wrong?”

“It’s nothing,” Baekhyun was first to respond which told me that he obviously thought something was wrong that Chanyeol wasn’t so sure about.

“Baek,” Chanyeol’s voice was almost a whisper. “Did I do something?”

Baekhyun cracked an eye at his boyfriend.

“No,” he answered. “You didn’t do anything.”

I mentally cursed at Baekhyun. He knew everything about Chanyeol; he should’ve considered the fact that Chanyeol really at deciphering sassy diva code.

Chanyeol stepped forward and Baekhyun leaned slightly away. It was apparent that Chanyeol was extremely hurt. Baekhyun would never flinch away from him, ever. And of course Chanyeol’s face twisted into an extremely hurt expression.

“Um, guys,” I muttered, feeling almost completely like a third wheel. “Did you want to go talk about this, like somewhere else?”

I wasn’t trying to push them out because I was sick of the drama. I simply felt that this was too private to observe as an outsider, a third person.

Baekhyun wordlessly got up and headed to the door and Chanyeol followed. I caught a glance with the giant and he had this painful expression that hurt so badly to look at, like the pain of a breaking heart, not fully shattered but in the process of being torn.

I sat back into the pillow coughing a few times before whipping out my cell phone. I decided to text Jongin because why not bother him when he was doing work for me?

To: JONGIN [:
hey.

I motionlessly sat, hearing hushed whispers outside the door, noticing that Baekhyun and Chanyeol didn’t go far.

From: JONGIN [:
what .

I giggled, rolling my eyes. He was obviously not in the greatest of moods doing my math homework again but this was also the most fun time to talk to him.

To: JONGIN [:
just me saying I love you;)

More hushed, desperate whispers and I was having a hard time texting Jongin so joyfully when I was fully concerned about Baekhyun’s and Chanyeol’s condition outside.

From: JONGIN [:
would u love to do your own homework too?

I shook my head about to reply when I heard silent crying from outside that gradually got louder. I expected it to be Chanyeol with his heart breaking. But the more I listened the more it distinctly became Baekhyun’s raspy sobs.

I felt my heart swell and drop into my stomach. What was wrong?

Sighing, I scrubbed my hand over my face. I’d already had enough drama to deal with this month and Chanyeol and Baekhyun needed to just…not.

To: JONGIN[:
actually I’m texting you because I need something to do.

From: JONGIN[:
why, princess?

To: JONGIN[:
because Baekhyun is crying outside my door with Chanyeol. I feel awk.

Jongin took a little longer to reply than usual. I wondered if he was actually thinking about this or if he was in the middle of a math problem.

From: JONGIN[:
I thought those two were tight. What’s up with them?

I explained my observations to him, making sure he got the emphasis that Baekhyun was the one having the problems.

My phone started to buzz and I glanced at it, realizing Jongin was calling me.

“Yo,” I shortly muttered into it after picking it up.

“Wanna explain this to me again?” Jongin’s voice came through.

“Wait, so you care?” I teased. “Wow, I truly changed you didn’t I?”

“Shut up, Kyung. I’m doing your ing math homework.”

“I’m aware,” I replied. “Thanks, love.”

So what about the giant and his boyfriend?” Jongin asked.

“I don’t know,” I answered. “There’s just something wrong. What about me, though? I’m your boyfriend.”

I’m aware, thanks love.” Jongin mocked.

I rolled my eyes to the ceiling, knowing that he couldn’t see the gesture.

“Why don’t you come and see me then?” I whined. “I haven’t seen you in like…eight hours.”

Lest you forget that I’m doing your homework,” Jongin snapped again.

“No one’s making you do it,” I informed him.

Oh my god, Kyungsoo. You’re still annoying as hell,” Jongin told me.

For some reason, this brought a smile to my lips. It felt like we were slipping into our usual routine again. We hadn’t insulted each other in a while and it was beginning to feel awkward.

“Thanks,” I quietly murmured in bliss.

Jongin noticed the silence on the line.

“Kyung, you know I don’t actually-“

“Jesus Christ, Jongin,” I laughed. “Just get your over here.”

Okay.”

“Alright.”

On cue, the door opened and I nearly jumped.

Baekhyun walked in, puffy red eyes and upset face, with Chanyeol behind him who looked like he was concealing a sudden anger.

“We’re fine,” Baekhyun quietly informed me with a sniffle.

I almost doubted this until I saw Chanyeol do his weird hover-over-Baekhyun thing. In which he and his colossal body kind of just molds into Baekhyun’s back, towers over his head, and gives of this legit predatory, protective vibe. Like if his hands were claws…

Not that I minded. I was so used to it by now.

“So,” Baekhyun piped up, his voice becoming cheerful. “The talent show…”

He took a seat on Chanyeol’s lap like usual, with his boyfriends hands resting on his small hips. Just. Like. Usual. It was killing me. I needed to know what happened.

Baekhyun was slowly returning to normal but Chanyeol seemed sort of angry still, though not at Baekhyun because he was doing his usual love fest gestures. Something in his eyes though told me that someone else was involved in this.

For the next half hour we discussed how it was going to go, how awkward it would be, where the screen would half to go on stage at school, etc.

Jongin finally arrived towards the end of the conversation.

“Babe, you’re late,” I teased.

Jongin rolled his eyes before coming over to kiss me. His hand was still on my shoulder when he looked sideways and observed Baekhyun and Chanyeol, sensing something was off. He glanced over at me and I gave him a slow shake of my head and shrug of my shoulders.

Then my boyfriend proceeded to sit on my legs from which I promptly pushed him off. He knew that pissed me off and he was trying his best to annoy me (for so was I). But then he oddly held my hand, a contrasting gesture to his normal behavior.

I often forgot we were dating. When I really thought about him it kind of just blew my mind. The irony of us loving each other constantly slapped me in the face. I really didn’t get it. I never would’ve thought him as boyfriend material, maybe even when I liked him. But he sort of got really attached to me, as I did to him.

And then we just…stuck.

“Are you nervous about this?” He asked me.

“I’m always nervous to perform, jackass,” I mumbled back while he played with my fingers.

While we talked, I couldn’t help but notice Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s expressions that they exchanged. Jongin seemed to notice too because he squeezed my hand and gave me a look that said tell me later. I nodded.

 

 

 

“Jesus dammit…” I trailed off more loud profanities while I scuttled across the restricted hospital room. “Jongin I need that shirt!” I yelled into my shirt.

“And I’m telling you that you don’t have it!” Jongin bellowed back.

“YOU LITTLE ! YES IT’S THERE! FIND IT!”

AND I’M TELLING YOU IT’S NOT!”

“DAMMIT, JONGIN!”

DAMMIT, KYUNGSOO!”

I was literally about to throw my phone at the wall but Doctor Choi walked in abruptly and noticed my pacing about.

“God,” he uttered. “I thought you were having an aortic eruption in here. Jesus, what’s wrong?”

I glared daggers at him.

“I will not wear this hospital gown,” I informed him icily.

He noticed the brisk mood and casually slid back out the door, which for some reason pissed me off even more.

This was exactly how I got before I had to perform things. I got antsy, unbearable, snippy, and undeniably awful. I knew it too but I didn’t even care. Hell, I was terrified of performing in front of people.

At first I thought maybe it’d be better, like, on camera. But no. I realized now that I did not want to be on ing camera. People could see me a whole lot better and I was not ready for that .

I did find a black dress shirt though,” Jongin offered from the other end.

I sighed.

“Okay,” I mumbled back.

Soo,” he said. “You need to calm down. Holy hell. Calm.”

“Jongin,” I answered. “I can’t even like breathe.”

“God Kyung, do you need your oxygen mask again?”

“No,” I bitterly replied. “I want to crawl under a rock.”

“Hang on. I’ll be there in twenty.”

There was a click on the other end.

While I waited for Jongin, Baekhyun came in. The look on his face told me what he was about to do. He sauntered over, sitting on the bed gingerly.

He wore a white dress shirt, with dress pants, and styled hair. It made him look like an idol and I just kind of smiled for a moment.

“So, what happened?” I asked him gently, tossing out the personality I’d been showing everyone literally all day. If Jongin saw me right now, I think he would’ve shot me.

“Well,” Baekhyun shakily began. “The other day I got a phone call. It was from Chanyeol’s dad. He…he thinks that I turned Chanyeol gay and he doesn’t approve of our relationship. He wanted me to break up with his son and stay away because then he thinks that Chanyeol will like girls. He said…”

“He said what?”

“He said he refuses to have a gay son,” Baekhyun rasped, nearly sobbing.

I drew in a breath.

“Well, I think Chanyeol likes girls too so the correct term would be bi,” I inserted.

Baekhyun shot a sharp glance towards me.

“Okay, sorry,” I remarked. “What happened after that?”

“Well after I finally told Chanyeol he got really mad. And I thought he was going to go and punch his father. I had to restrain him but I think I ruined their relationship forever. It’s all my fault.”

Baekhyun was becoming emotionally distressed, like more so than I was all day.

“Don’t forget Baek,” I told him, taking his hand softly. “That I’m dating the person who my parents ruined. And I was willing to turn them in for it. My relationship with my parents is permanently damaged. However, I don’t let it bother me (well I try) because I love Jongin and what my parents did to him was wrong.”

Baekhyun shakily nodded.

There was a silence that ensued for minutes and I just sat there patting his back.

We only moved when there was a knock on the door.

“That would be Jongin with my clothes,” I announced.

Baekhyun sniffled.

“I’m going to go find Chanyeol, make sure he hasn’t burned his dad alive yet,” he declared.

I gave him a soft smile and patted him on the back then watched him leave. He passed Jongin and then left.

“Are you in a better mood or…?” Jongin trailed as I beckoned him over.

I got off the bed and wrapped my arms around him. We stayed for at least ten seconds before I pulled out of the embrace.

“Baekhyun just told me,” I said.

Jongin had me explain it to him and I started to change.

“That’s rough man,” he commented.

I snorted while pulling off my shirt.

“Well, and then there’s us,” I replied. “The epitome of rough.”

“Mmhmm,” Jongin agreed, stalking over to me.

He placed his tanned hands against my pale, exposed skin on my waist.

“Jesus Kyung, you’re so pale,” he told me.

I blushed furiously, not really because of his comment but due to his hands against my bare skin.

“Yeah,” I argued. “Well you’re African so leave me alone.”

I thought he’d get angry and shrink back because it was such a low blow, and I knew it was wrong, but suddenly there was a low, dead y voice in my right ear.

“Wow, chocolate and vanilla than, Kyungie?” Jongin whispered into my ear from behind me.

Then his hands on my waist spun me around so I faced him. We were really close. My shirt was off. He was being all y and annoying.

I could only gulp.

“Do I make you nervous, vanilla pudding?”  He inquired under his breath, moving closer just a little bit.

“No,” I immediately lied. “Maybe if we turned off the lights though, because then no one would be able to see you.”

“Hmm,” he said, drawing closer not necessarily minding the insult for all that I knew.

The height difference put me at a disadvantage but I kind of liked it. I didn’t really know when our lips met because it was so slow and melting and our lips just engaged. The feeling was more than happiness and butterflies and because it was more real than that.

As he backed me into the wall, I felt an increased amount of heat between us. His hands traveled along my exposed upper half while our lips attacked each other. I was becoming weaker and increasingly desperate, desiring more and more of Jongin.

My fingers were ringing the hem of his shirt when I suddenly started to cough. To be honest it kind of ruined everything.

Jongin’s hands cupped my face when our lips disconnected and I panted.

“Sorry,” I mumbled. “Pneumonia. I can’t breathe.”

I was super flushed too. My face had never felt more heated.

“It’s fine, Kyung,” Jongin whispered, our foreheads touching.

“Still can’t-“                                               

“What are you two doing?”  Baekhyun interrupted, holding two microphones in the doorway. Chanyeol was peeking from behind him.

“Uh…” I trailed.

“No really,” Baekhyun deadpanned. “You guys’ hair looks extremely post .”

Jongin’s hands immediately dropped from my bare waist.

I forgot that I wasn’t wearing a shirt. This situation was getting increasingly awkward.

“Hurry up with your banging!” Baekhyun yelled while shutting the door. “You have to be ready in fifteen minutes! LOOK AT THE DAMN TIME.”

“Oh …”

.

.

.

A/N SUMMER UDPATING IS THE ING BEST. TIME TIME AND SOME MORE TIME. YEAH ES. Okay so have some miniscule unfinished baby . And Baekyeol issues. AND LALALALALALALA COMMENT SUB I LOVE YOU ALL. *THROWS FLOWERS AND CONFETTIE*

 

(i just realized that this chapter is actuallysomewhat long.)