Two.

Eternal Paradise.

 

“Hold her waist properly and spin,” a voice demanded, “If you can’t do such a simple move then you should reconsider your major.”

“Maybe I will!” a tanned muscled body replied back.

He hurriedly grabbed his bag and clothes leaving the former feeling shocked. Turning the door knob angrily, he quickly fought away his tears.

“Ow!” Krystal exclaimed as she was pushed down by this manly build.

“Watch it!” he stared at her. Krystal winced. He seemed familiar.

“You were the one who pushed the door onto me!” Krystal said furiously.

“You were the one eavesdropping on our conversation!” he gave her a glare.

“I was not!” Krystal said feeling flustered. Flustered due to the fact that she was guilty as charged and due to the fact that he was shirtless. “I was not!”

“Just get out of my way,” he sighed as he stepped over her, “I really don’t have the time to deal with anyone right now.”

He walked away. Without even looking back. Or even helping her up.

“Jerk!” Krystal pulled herself up and snorted, “I wasn’t even intentionally eavesdropping. You were just too freaking loud.”

Her voice echoed throughout the halls. No one answered.

“Ugh spooky halls,” Krystal shivered and quickly went back down to detention room.

____________________________________________________________________

“You cannot be a girl!” Se Hun pushed his tray beside her “You are either a sadist who doesn’t eat at home or a hot blooded male with an abnormal appetite. I am ashamed to call myself your friend.”

“The first one actually,” Krystal coughed and drank her juice, “Jaejoong oppa got fired from his job.”

“Uh,” Se Hun stopped in his tracks, “Sorry.” Wealth was a particularly sensitive topic among them for he was an upper class chaebol while she was just an orphan.

“It’s not your fault he got laid off,” Krystal gave an awkward laugh.

“Here,” Se Hun dumped his lunch onto her tray, “You need to grow taller.” He said it in an embarrassed tone while rubbing his nape. An unusual display of kindness between them.

At that right moment one ridiculously handsome fellow walked pass them and exited the cafeteria. As he walked pass, the female species swooned while the counterpart looked up in awe.

“Who’s that anyway?”Krystal pointed to him.

“Who?” Se Hun turned around to see, “Oh him? Kim Jongin. People call him Kai. Transfer student. He’s a senior above us I think.”

“Oh,” Krystal nodded and shoved more food into her face.

“Why do you ask?” Se Hun asked.

“Um,” Krystal her lips, “Nothing.”

“Don’t you think he kinda seems familiar?” Se Hun pointed out, “…kinda like Taemin.”

“No.” Some sort of dissatisfaction seemed apparent in her voice.

Se Hun lowered his head. He didn’t dare look up, “I didn’t mean that.” For the first time his expression did change.

“Yes you did!” Krystal shouted as she rose from her seat and retreated without looking back.

The whole cafeteria was stunned. Whispers could be heard. Se Hun retreated also, but in a rather calm manner, opposite to Krystal.

___________________________________________________________________

She gritted her teeth harder as the cold air hit her skin lightly. She had unknowingly run outside to the cold winter afternoon, where a slight breeze could make you shiver.

“Ugh,” she called out in frustration as she kicked a stone.

“Ow!”

Krystal’s eyes widened to an O. She froze.

“Hello?” she whispered.

“I believe the correct term is sorry,” a tanned looking fellow appeared.

“You!” Krystal bit her lip and turned around swiftly.

“Hey it’s the eavesdropping girl,” he snorted arrogantly.

“Leave me alone,” Krystal took one step away. She could feel her eyes tearing up. He did look like Taemin.

“Wasn’t planning on disturbing you anyway,” he sat back down on the bench.

“Ugh!” Krystal could feel herself getting annoyed at his very presence. His undeniably handsome smirk made her finger ball up into a fist and his sleepy gaze made her nostrils flare in anger. “Atchoo!”

“You shouldn’t be outside without a jacket at this time of the year,” he stated the obvious.

“Wow thanks for enlightening me,” she scoffed. She still wasn’t facing him. She feared her anger would get the better of her.

“You’re going to catch a cold,” he further annoyed her, something that seemed to amuse him more.

“Atchoo.”

“Atchoo.”

“Atchoo.”

Suddenly a warm feeling crowded over her. It came in the form of a jacket which hanged loosely on her shoulders.

“No need to thank me,” he passed by her, “I’m going inside anyways.”

“Hey wait!” Krystal yelled after him. He turned around.

She could feel herself blush at his gaze. Not to mention the coldness that had already made her seem a shade redder. She quickly lowered her head.

Thump thump thump.

This time it wasn’t the sound of the dance class upstairs; they were outside. It was some sort of thumping. Inside of her it was uncontrollable.

Her knees went weak. Unknowingly she succumbed to her knees.

“Hey hey hey,” Kai seemed alarmed, “It was only a jacket.”

“I can’t…” Krystal whimpered. He had no choice. He slid his hands under her; one below her knees and the other over her shoulders.

“Hang in there.”

And then all she could see was darkness.