One.

Eternal Paradise.

 

She gave the door a slight push and peeped through the small crack that she made.

“It’s so nice of you to finally join us,” a sturdy voice boomed right in front of her.

“My pleasure,” Krystal replied with a slight embarrassed smile on her usual arrogant face.

“May you be so kind to share with the class as to why you were late again today?”

“Well, the most tragic thing happened this morning,” she began, “My cat died.” She lied. Her cat, Snuffles, was comfortably sleeping in her cat house.

The whole class were refraining themselves from even giving the slightest noise, let alone breath.

“Our condolences,” the man before her said in a monotonous tone, “You should’ve just taken the whole day off.” He sarcastically said as she passed by him. She turned and examined him quickly. He was still grumpy today, just like every other day.

She dragged herself to the back of the class where she then slumped herself down onto the seat which she had been all too familiar with.

“Liar,” a self composed person on the seat beside her muttered.

“Am not!” she smirked as she gave him a light punch on the shoulders.

“And a terrible one as well,” he turned to face her with one raised eyebrow, “You were holding and biting your lips as you were speaking.” He was too familiar with her habits.

“You know me too well,” Krystal shot him a look and gave a triumphed smirk.

“Excuse me,” the same grouchy voice for earlier said, “Soo Jung, Se Hun, if you could kindly refrain yourselves from giving each other loving glances in my class, that would be deeply appreciated. Or you could do it in detention.”

“But sir, I was just asking Sehun if I could borrow his pencil,” Krystal said while placing her finger on her lip and biting the tip of it, “My cat died because she ate my pencil.”

The class roared with laughter. Some banged on the tables. Some nearly rolled on the floor. Se Hun shook his head disapprovingly.

The teacher’s face looked grumpier than ever now. His cheeks burned a shade darker and his eyebrow looked almost like a mono brow. “Krystal, detention after class.” He took a long deep breath and composed himself as he strolled back to his desk. “Anyone else care to join her?”

Silence fell upon them.

“Let’s continue with our lesson.”

__________________________________________________________________________________

Thump thump thump.

Krystal shot a glare to the floor above her, “What are they trying to do upstairs? To set the world record by breaking the whole building while dancing to B.A.P’s Warrior or what?” she muttered to herself.

Thump thump thump.

That came from another direction. A figure swiftly slipped itself into the room but not forgetting to quickly look back.

“Sehun!” she stood up.

“Yah what were you thinking?” Sehun pushed her back down onto the seat. His expression did not change.

“A thank you would’ve been nice,” she snorted. They were never polite with each other.

Probably that was their common factor. A friendship that began since kindergarten was based on both of them being intimately rude but still understanding. 

“No thanks,” Sehun shrugged with his still expressionless face, “I guess I’ll just have to accompany you in your hour of doom.”

“How kind of you,” Krystal patted his head, “But I think I’ll survive.”

“I wasn’t negotiating,” Sehun settled onto a seat next to hers, “Anyways, why are you early to detention anyway?”

“Didn’t you know?” Krystal giggled, “I am a good student. Merely a misunderstood fellow.”

“Yeah yeah, you are a good student,” Sehun snorted with his still composed expression, “A good-for-nothing student that’s what.”

Thump thump thump.

Krystal gave another death glare towards the ceiling. This time she was joined with Sehun.

Thump thump thump.

“Shut up!” Krystal punched her fist in the air. Just as she did, the door flew open and a petite frame came in.

“Sit down please Krystal,” she politely gestured.

Thump thump thump.

The lady gave out a small shriek. “What on earth was that?”

“Dance class upstairs,” Sehun didn’t bother to look away from the book he was reading.

“What are they trying to accomplish by stomping like that?” she shook her head and settled down onto the seat in the front.

Thump thump thump.

“Oh Se Hun,” she looked up from her squared glasses rested upon her nose, “Your name is not on the detention list.”

“Mr Gong forgot to write down my name,” Se Hun answered with the same tone of voice.

“How nice of you to come anyway,” the small figure gave an almost motherly smile.

Thump thump thump.

“Miss,” Krystal sighed as she looked above her, “Can I just go up there and tell them to shut the hell up?”

“Mind your words young lady,” she chocked, “But, yes you may.”

Krystal quickly rose to her feet. She rolled up her sleeves up to her elbow and scrunched her fingers into a fist.

“Yah!” Se Hun snorted, “Stop being irrational.”

“Shut it pretty boy,” Krystal hit him on the forehead. He was not amused. She then proceeded to leisurely walked out the door.